Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2nd scrimmage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You gonna be in for a rude awakening.
    You’re gonna be in for a pleasant surprise. See how easy that is?

But I’m sure when we are inside the Top 10 in the SEC on defense, you’ll find a way to bitch and complain and move the goal posts somehow saying it still wasn’t good enough when you’re acting like we’re about to be all-time bad. But I know your schtick, your Mr Pessimism who tries to play it off as “just being real”. We’re not gonna be good on defense by any means but we will be better than Arkansas, OM, Vandy, and Mizzou and will be inside the Top 10 in the SEC. We’re not completely void of talent. We’ve got some pieces to work with.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post

But I’m sure when we are inside the Top 10 in the SEC on defense, you’ll find a way to bitch and complain and move the goal posts somehow saying it still wasn’t good enough when you’re acting like we’re about to be all-time bad. But I know your schtick, your Mr Pessimism who tries to play it off as “just being real”. We’re not gonna be good on defense by any means but we will be better than Arkansas, OM, Vandy, and Mizzou and will be inside the Top 10 in the SEC. We’re not completely void of talent. We’ve got some pieces to work with.
    He's just mad that we don't his favorite 2005 offense anymore that runs the qb and wears him down as the season goes on.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    He's just mad that we don't his favorite 2005 offense anymore that runs the qb and wears him down as the season goes on.
    Facts. He’ll claim this defense will finish last in the league and when we finish inside the top 10 in the SEC, he’ll move the goal posts back and make excuses and walk it back and find something to complain about finishing way better than he predicts. I know how it goes with him lol.

vCash
    No draft boards had Sweat on it when he first arrived on campus...
    Jordan Davis is a NFL talent.. let’s see how he pans out

Pickering and Crumedy both should play on Sundays
    Emerson is ahead of Dantzler at this point In Their careers

Errol is a solid SEC LB.. and could for sure make a roster .

Spencer played as a true freshman on the Simmons and Sweat teams. Injuries have hurt him big time. Hopefully the kid has a injury free season. We for sure need him

Murphy with a full season and starting role could have a big year and set himself up nicely for his Sr Season

And if Tre Lawson can get healthy he will be a factor this season

There isnt a Simmons on the roster , but again it’s not a bunch of walk ons and 2 stars ..

vCash
    The thing is that we cannot absorb any injuries in the secondary and we need our safeties just to play solid.

I would guess we're going to put Emerson on an island and try to help everyone else. I tend to agree that we're not going to be good but we're not going to be historically bad either unless 2-3 key guys go down.

vCash

I think 10th ahead of those 4 teams you mention is a decent bet. Or maybe South Carolina behind us and Missouri one spot ahead. Either way, 9th or 10th feels about right. Injuries/COVID to Erroll and Emerson and we could be last. I think the margin is that close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The thing is that we cannot absorb any injuries in the secondary and we need our safeties just to play solid.

I would guess we're going to put Emerson on an island and try to help everyone else. I tend to agree that we're not going to be good but we're not going to be historically bad either unless 2-3 key guys go down.
    I would put Emerson on LSU's 2nd best WR 1 on 1 & then double LSU's best WR
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I think 10th ahead of those 4 teams you mention is a decent bet. Or maybe South Carolina behind us and Missouri one spot ahead. Either way, 9th or 10th feels about right. Injuries/COVID to Erroll and Emerson and we could be last. I think the margin is that close.
    That's fair but we can't predict injuries or COVID issues. I'm going off what we have on paper right now. If we get decimated anywhere by injuries or COVID, absolutely we could finish around last but that's trying to predict something that is unpredictable.

But as long as we stay healthy and don't have a COVID breakout, my prediction is about 9th in the SEC, ahead of Vandy, Mizzou, OM, Arky, and USC.

Bama, UGA, LSU, Auburn, UK, Florida, and Tennessee with Pruitt as the HC will all be ahead of us for sure. I don't know what to make of A&M with their opt-outs because they had a couple key DB's opt out I believe. I'll say they still are most likely to finish ahead of us.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    No draft boards had Sweat on it when he first arrived on campus...
    Jordan Davis is a NFL talent.. let?s see how he pans out

Pickering and Crumedy both should play on Sundays
    Emerson is ahead of Dantzler at this point In Their careers

Errol is a solid SEC LB.. and could for sure make a roster .

Spencer played as a true freshman on the Simmons and Sweat teams. Injuries have hurt him big time. Hopefully the kid has a injury free season. We for sure need him

Murphy with a full season and starting role could have a big year and set himself up nicely for his Sr Season

And if Tre Lawson can get healthy he will be a factor this season

There isnt a Simmons on the roster , but again it?s not a bunch of walk ons and 2 stars ..
    These are great points and it shows that any lumps the defense takes this season should stem from inexperience and the new system more than on-paper talent. We've got around 22 dudes on defense who were consensus high three-star or higher prospects (87+ for the 247Sports nerds) with multiple SEC and Power 5 offers out of high school. (And 8 of those were legit blue chippers.) And that doesn't even include dudes like Odom, Lawson, and Emerson who were mid-three-star guys.

So I think we've got the dudes. It's just that lots of them haven't played much for us before. The rub's going to be how much the coaching staff can get out of such an inexperienced group. Recent history among teams with similarly inexperienced units says it's going going to be a struggle. But who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I would put Emerson on LSU's 2nd best WR 1 on 1 & then double LSU's best WR
    Emerson on Marshall Jr. Best on best and try to not let him beat you by himself.

Forbes on McMath. I'd be intrigued to see Forbes' length against McMath's length.

Peters/Murphy on Boutte. Idk who will be in coverage more between Peters and Murphy but Boutte can fly so whoever it is, they better bring they're track shoes guarding Boutte.

Brule on Gilbert. I think with Brule's size, speed, and athleticism he's our best shot at keeping Gilbert in check somewhat.

vCash
    Emerson on Marshall Jr. Best on best and try to not let him beat you by himself.

Forbes on McMath. I'd be intrigued to see Forbes' length against McMath's length.

Peters/Murphy on Boutte. Idk who will be in coverage more between Peters and Murphy but Boutte can fly so whoever it is, they better bring they're track shoes guarding Boutte.

Brule on Gilbert. I think with Brule's size, speed, and athleticism he's our best shot at keeping Gilbert in check somewhat.
    Those are scary matchups outside of Emerson. McMath has 50 lbs in Forbes and is just as fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Those are scary matchups outside of Emerson. McMath has 50 lbs in Forbes and is just as fast.
    I think Peters and Murphy can keep Boutte in check. He's a player but he's a freshman playing in his first SEC game. I'll take Murphy and Peters' experience.

Brule on Gilbert could be a heck of a matchup but could be a matchup that plays a huge part in determining the outcome because LSU fans have raved and raved about this kid in camp saying he's been unguardable.

Forbes/Furdge on McMath is scary. McMath doesn't have a ton of experience but he's talented and more experienced than Furdge or Forbes.

vCash
    If Brennan has time and can deliver the ball in the general area of his WRs, we're gonna be torched. I might would just send a bunch of blitzes, and hope you get there... don't think Brennan can use his legs like burrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Brennan has time and can deliver the ball in the general area of his WRs, we're gonna be torched. I might would just send a bunch of blitzes, and hope you get there... don't think Brennan can use his legs like burrow
    Brennan isn't qualified to hold Joe Burrow's jock. The shoes he's filling are 50 gallon barrels to him.

vCash
    Yeah. We're going to have to be aggressive to see if we can force mistakes
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Brennan isn't qualified to hold Joe Burrow's jock. The shoes he's filling are 50 gallon barrels to him.
    I certainly don't think he is. To be fair though, burrow '18 wasn't very good, and he turned out to be one of the best I've ever saw play in 1 season. For this reason, I'm holding off on judgement of Brennan

vCash
    I certainly don't think he is. To be fair though, burrow '18 wasn't very good, and he turned out to be one of the best I've ever saw play in 1 season. For this reason, I'm holding off on judgement of Brennan
    If Joe Brady was still at LSU I'd be more worried.

vCash
    Look, our defense is going to be pretty bad. Will it be 2016 bad? Probably not. But make no mistake, we're going to get lit up against good teams.

The good news is our offense is the type that can make up for bad defensive play due to us getting in some shoot outs. At least we better hope so.

We can still win 4-5 games. Which with a 10 game SEC schedule, is pretty good.

vCash
    Facts. He?ll claim this defense will finish last in the league and when we finish inside the top 10 in the SEC, he?ll move the goal posts back and make excuses and walk it back and find something to complain about finishing way better than he predicts. I know how it goes with him lol.
    Moorhead has his QB now!!! We gonna roll!!!!! You'll see Coach!!!
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Moorhead has his QB now!!! We gonna roll!!!!! You'll see Coach!!!
    What does Joe and Tommy Stevens have to do with this situation and the defense that we're discussing?

Nice deflection there C34. Typical and about what I expected lol. When you can't debate something further, turn to deflection about something that's not even relevant.

We'll see who is right about the defense in December. But I have a sneaky suspicion that when I'm right about this defense, you'll still find some way to deflect and bitch and complain to make it sound like it still didn't do well enough when you're projecting it to be pretty much dead last in the league. Never change Coach, never change.