Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd scrimmage

vCash

2nd scrimmage

Anyone got info from our second scrimmage today?

vCash
    I went. But shotgun would complain if I told you what I saw no matter what so there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I went. But shotgun would complain if I told you what I saw no matter what so there's that.
    I promise I won't. Let it fly
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    So we looked like garbage again?

vCash
    Did it resemble this?**

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Here's Leach's take on the scrimmage:

Does anyone else crack up at his weekly deadpan plugs for Coke? They get me every time.

ETA: Of yeah, substance. Most notable things to me: (1) Shader's move sounds permanent. And dude apparently looks solid at WR. (2) Osiris Mitchell, despite being the leading returning WR, has work to do. I've heard Leach discuss several other receivers recently in more positive terms than he did Osiris today. (3) Austin Williams, the practice legend, is apparently running with the starters for real.
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 09-12-2020 at 11:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post

Does anyone else crack up at his weekly deadpan plugs for Coke? They get me every time.

ETA: Of yeah, substance. Most notable things to me: (1) Shader's move sounds permanent. And dude apparently looks solid at WR. (2) Osiris Mitchell, despite being the leading returning WR, has work to do. I've heard Leach discuss several other receivers recently in more positive terms than he did Osiris today. (3) Austin Williams, the practice legend, is apparently running with the starters for real.
    I want that hat.

vCash

I like the fact that he keeps it real without running down anyone. I also like the fact that he seems to make it a priority to get the best players on the field. I don't feel like Dan or Joe always did that and it hurt us at times and limited our ceiling. Dan treated us like a high school team as far as the depth chart goes where the seniors played over the underclassmen most of the time because they had been here longer. And then Dan's arrogant "Holloway blocks better than Aeris and knows the playbook better" was just outright disrespectful to our fan's intelligence. Joe's "Top five" was possibly even worse. That's a big reason why I don't think we have seen much of what Austin Williams and to more of an extent JaVonta Payton can do. It used to piss me off watching Guidry drop passes and keep being trotted out there while Payton catches everything and hustles 100% all the time at the WR spot. Osirus just sounds like Osirus to me based on what Leach is saying.

I'm guessing we'll see 8-10 receivers a game catching passes and probably 2-3 running backs used consistently. That's a much better way to use our personnel. And I figure in a couple of years we'll see a better rotation of defensive players once we build depth there. And we're going to see basically two offensive lines a game rather than Hevesy pretending he's in the NFL and only wanting to use eight.

vCash
    I'm guessing Williams is the kind of dude Leach can utilize better than our previous coaches. Osiris always looked limited but he has size and was good for a play or two down the field. Maybe he doesn't flow in the offense as well.

vCash
    For WRs, he values consistency over occasional great. Get open, catch the ball over an occasional fantastic catch along with dropping catchable balls.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash

NEVER forget that Ovirus Mitchell almost single handedly cost us a win of Florida in Slo Joe's first year by dropping an easy touchdown pass. I will never forgive him for that. Yep, for sure, he's got a LOT of work to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    NEVER forget that Ovirus Mitchell almost single handedly cost us a win of Florida in Slo Joe's first year by dropping an easy touchdown pass. I will never forgive him for that. Yep, for sure, he's got a LOT of work to do.
    It was a bad drop but we ran a whole lot more plays than that one in that game and looked terrible in almost all of them. Even if he scores that only gives us 13 points for the game and we still might have lost. So like I said, bad moment but Osirus was just a symptom of way bigger problems.

On the flip side, I soured on him last year when we were running the two minute drill against Kansas State late in the ball game and he was walking back to the line of scrimmage and taking his dear sweet time. I guess you can also say that was a symptom of a bigger culture problem, but it still made me mad.

That being said, I feel almost certain that Leach can get more out of Osirus than Dan and Joe ever did. If not then Leach won’t hesitate to put someone else in, plain and simple.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    That was Joe Morrow.

Went back and rewatched it, it was O Mitchel
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 09-13-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    That was Joe Morrow.

Went back and rewatched it, it was O Mitchel
    Joe Morrow's last season was 2015, how in the hell did you get them confused lol?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I want that hat.

I do too. Pretty sure it's an Adidas one, but whether it will be available to the public who knows. Adidas' marketing is really weird. Sometimes it's a limited supply , not all sizes available, etc., and they will issue what and when they want to. It doesn't seem like what would be a good seller at the time, doesn't play any role in what they do.

vCash
    I mean he was a true freshman and we should have recruited other receivers so that he wouldn't have been in that spot. And Joe should have been able to put up more points at home than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I do too. Pretty sure it's an Adidas one, but whether it will be available to the public who knows. Adidas' marketing is really weird. Sometimes it's a limited supply , not all sizes available, etc., and they will issue what and when they want to. It doesn't seem like what would be a good seller at the time, doesn't play any role in what they do.
    You can get them at the State golf course. I got mine about 2 weeks ago.

vCash

It's Osirus and not Ovirus. He didn't intentionally drop that ball on purpose and he remembers it too, and would love to have that play back. Not forgiving him seems a little harsh. Football players are human too.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 09-13-2020 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maridian Dawg View Post
    You can get them at the State golf course. I got mine about 2 weeks ago.

Oh, OK..... Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    It's Osirus and not Ovirus. He didn't intentionally drop that ball on purpose and he remembers it too, and would love to have that play back. Not forgiving him seems a little harsh. Football players are human too.
    He's Osirus the Virus to me

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More