Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since rumors are encouraged

vCash

Since rumors are encouraged

I was speaking with a friend of mine yesterday and she mentioned she was on a Zoom call with Favre. The topic of the USM coaching search came up. Favre was asked who USM should hire and he said they should consider Deion Sanders. Deion is apparently looking to get into college coaching. Another friend pointed me to this post from 2019 on Deion's Twitter and a post from the 247 message board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/deionsand...125830?lang=en

https://247sports.com/college/southe...day-133963028/

Apparently USM has/had been recruiting his son. I'm not trying to indicate he'll even be considered but it is 2020 and stranger things could happen I guess. I would imagine if Favre gets involved it could lead to at least an interview.

vCash
    If they're looking for Favre's advice on who they should hire & actually consider Deion, they're done as a program.

Absolutely done.

Their search should include a call to Hugh Freeze to feel him out & an immediate call to Will Hall if Freeze turns it down.

Considering Deion is ridiculous. He'd suck
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Prime doesn't strike me as the type to put in 80 hrs a week coaching, recruiting, doing events, pressing the flesh with boosters, etc...
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    The have a President problem at USM...

vCash
    Freezus at USM should scare the heck out of MSU and UM fans. Fortunately, I think he makes more at Liberty than USM can match.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Freezus at USM should scare the heck out of MSU and UM fans.
    Why?

vCash
    Freezus at USM should scare the heck out of MSU and UM fans. Fortunately, I think he makes more at Liberty than USM can match.
    Lol, this isn't 2005 anymore bud.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    No, just...no.

vCash
    Well one thing in Freezes favor of leaving Liberty for USM is that his favorite foursome partners just lost their jobs at Liberty. And I aint talking bout Golf.

vCash
    USM isn't hiring Freeze or Sanders.

vCash
    You've lost your 17ing mind.

vCash

Nick Saban wouldn't scare me at USM

vCash
    They could do a lot worse than hiring steve Campbell, south Alabama's coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    They could do a lot worse than hiring steve Campbell, south Alabama's coach
    South Al's talent is really down. Campbell can coach but I think the recruiting thing is tough for him.

USM needs to embrace the young, up and comer. They keep looking for their Jeff Bower that is a good coach that will stay there for 10 years, but the Power 5 is just paying too much money for that to happen in this era.

If Bower were winning at USM in today's era, he would've been hired away for $4 mil by a power immediately. The financial gap wasn't as big when he was at USM as it is now
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    No, just...no.
    This. Usm is a d2 school now playing in d1. No "recruiter" is gonna fix their lack of funds, facilities and awful fam support. They really should go d2 they'd be good there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    South Al's talent is really down. Campbell can coach but I think the recruiting thing is tough for him.

USM needs to embrace the young, up and comer. They keep looking for their Jeff Bower that is a good coach that will stay there for 10 years, but the Power 5 is just paying too much money for that to happen in this era.

If Bower were winning at USM in today's era, he would've been hired away for $4 mil by a power immediately. The financial gap wasn't as big when he was at USM as it is now
    South Alabama is doing pretty good so far this year, beating Tulane right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Bower was never so good a big school would want him.

vCash
    1. Hugh Freeze isn't recruiting like he did at Ole Miss. We all know why. Unless USM has a Network and judging by attendance they don't- he'll recruit about the same at USM as he is at Liberty. At any rate again- unless he just wants to come back to Mississippi I don't see him taking a pay cut and a worse situation than the one he is already in.

2. Deion Sanders? LOL. I will say that Deion was an incredibly hard worker as a player which doesn't really match his on the field persona. He's also a hard worker with only HS OC experience. It would be a huge risk that would probably bury their program.

3. USM is going to hire an OC or DC. Although if I were them I would kick the tires on Rich Rodriguez and see if he would take the million. That's probably the best they could do. I'd also add Kentucky's DC, Brad White to their list of candidates if I were them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    South Alabama is doing pretty good so far this year, beating Tulane right now
    I think Campbell brought in a lot of his players from MGCCC and he has been recruiting a ton of high school talent from the coast. I hope he does well there.

As far as the USM job goes it's about the same as Freeze to me. He's only taking it if he just wants to go back to Mississippi. And I don't see that happening either.

vCash
    The mustard buzzards don't have the network Mississippi has. Matter of fact they don't have much money.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!