Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: College football around the country

vCash

College football around the country

Y'all pulling against billy boy?

vCash
    Yes. Not sure why ULL is such a trendy upset pick when Iowa State is ranked (even with the B10/P12 teams included) and very well-coached.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Syracuse is showing how the 3-3-5 can cause problems for an offense. They are severely outmatched talent wise and they have a really good quarterback confused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yes. Not sure why ULL is such a trendy upset pick when Iowa State is ranked (even with the B10/P12 teams included) and very well-coached.
    I may have spoken too soon, as ULL has returned a kickoff and a punt in for a TD.

vCash
    Billy is apparently a really good coach

vCash
    Yeah he?s about to have the choosing of a school he wants. He bet on himself and it looks to have paid off

vCash
    And bingo, just like that ... USM has an opening!****
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Billy is apparently a really good coach
    Thank you, sir.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    Thank you, sir.
    He just won't go away.... ha

vCash
    I may have spoken too soon, as ULL has returned a kickoff and a punt in for a TD.
    When Croom did that he was lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Y'all pulling against billy boy?
    No. I'd rather have a coach that wants to be here than another Dan Mullen shopping himself around causing us to have to look for our fourth coach in 5-7 years.

vCash
    Thank you, sir.
    Right on point.
    I gotta give you credit, you are good at it!

vCash
    Florida State.

Lovette and Jones start. Jones "opted out" of a block that may have sprung his teammate for a TD. "Hate hate hate"

FSU scores anyway.

vCash
    I know people are saying this a free year for coaches too but I think Napier gets the South Carolina job. Boom goes 2-8 is my prediction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No. I'd rather have a coach that wants to be here than another Dan Mullen shopping himself around causing us to have to look for our fourth coach in 5-7 years.
    Well....I'd take another Dan Mullen in a heartbeat. Best coach in my lifetime at MSU....even Jackie (who I am a huge fan of). Dan was here 9 years....that's about the limit for a coach at the same school.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Thank you, sir.
    Thank you for what? You somehow get credit that he is a good coach? Not sure him being a good coach was ever that much in question. That's why so many MSU fans had him at the top of our hiring list. He also has a very veteran team this year which helps a ton in the limited practice situation everyone is currently dealing with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Well....I'd take another Dan Mullen in a heartbeat. Best coach in my lifetime at MSU....even Jackie (who I am a huge fan of). Dan was here 9 years....that's about the limit for a coach at the same school.
    Jackie was much better than Mullen, just because he coached every last game. In 2014 we could have beat Alabama, we had them, Mullen got scared and lost it. From then on he was looking for his next job, 17 him.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    With all due respect to Jackie, Mullen is our best coach in the modern era. Bama is a much more consistently strong program now than when Jackie coached here.

Btw, Jackie tried his best to leave around 92-93.

vCash
    Chase Brice is apparently much better than I gave him credit for. Or maybe it's the cutt effect