Thread: Dak vs Mahomes

vCash

Dak vs Mahomes

I hope Dak makes a big jump this year, but Mahomes is much more accurate. He looks great.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Mahomes was a whopping .8% better than Dak last year in completion percentage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnodawg View Post
    I hope Dak makes a big jump this year, but Mahomes is much more accurate. He looks great.
    Mahomes is arguably the best QB talent in football history. Nothing really surprising or comparable here.

vCash
    I love that and think he's a great representative of the University. Mahomes has been outstanding in his accuracy in this first game. Dak deserves to get paid, and I'm making no disparaging remarks about him. Mahomes is better. That is ok. I have a PhD in electrical engineering from State and have outshined and destroyed phds from MIT but I'm not even the smartest person in my company. You don't have to be the best you just have to be good enough and dak is damn sure good enough

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Nm

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Mahomes has been better but I’m excited to see Dak with an offensive coach that knows what he is doing. Mahomes has been blessed with that and until now Dak has not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Mahomes has been better but I’m excited to see Dak with an offensive coach that knows what he is doing. Mahomes has been blessed with that and until now Dak has not.
    ^^^This^^^

Andy Reid & Co have put together a machine that will be hard to beat. I see a dynasty in the making up there, will it last two - three or ten years or more with 7 superbowls like the Patriots? I doubt it, but they certainly seem to have a great formula. A number of QB's could be successful in that offense but Mahomes is doing it better than anyone could in my opinion. Brady had Belichick and Mahomes has Reid, it takes combination to make a dynasty and that is hard to come by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    ^^^This^^^

Andy Reid & Co have put together a machine that will be hard to beat. I see a dynasty in the making up there, will it last two - three or ten years or more with 7 superbowls like the Patriots? I doubt it, but they certainly seem to have a great formula. A number of QB's could be successful in that offense but Mahomes is doing it better than anyone could in my opinion. Brady had Belichick and Mahomes has Reid, it takes combination to make a dynasty and that is hard to come by.
    I think a dynasty will be very tough having a qb paid mega bucks. They'll be really good; but some team will get the next big thing at qb (on a rookie contract), and pass them up.

vCash
    The take that I don't understand is the Deshaun Watson > Dak hot takes. There are no facts to back this up. Watson looked way below average last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The take that I don't understand is the Deshaun Watson > Dak hot takes. There are no facts to back this up. Watson looked way below average last night.
    Oftentimes QBs are only as good as their receivers. Deshaun got to toss it up to a top 2-3 receiver in Hopkins for the last few years. Dak looks great now, but he looked pedestrian, as any QB would, when his top three receiving options were Cole Beasley, Terrence Williams, and Old Man Whitten.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Deshaun is slightly better than Dak. He's shiftier in the pocket, continually can make the winning plays, and makes chicken salad out of chicken s*** more times than not with the line he has and his running ability. Give Dak that line and that group of receivers and it's probably even uglier than what we saw last night. Now that's not to say that I don't believe Dak is a good QB. I think he's a Top 10 QB in the league. I just don't think he quite has the upside of a guy like Watson. You put Watson on the Cowboys and they win a SB. You put Dak on the Texans and they do about the same probably a little worse.

vCash
    Mahomes is better than Dak. And I love Dak. Mahomes is like Randall Cunningham with a Michael Jordan killer instinct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Deshaun is slightly better than Dak. He's shiftier in the pocket, continually can make the winning plays, and makes chicken salad out of chicken s*** more times than not with the line he has and his running ability. Give Dak that line and that group of receivers and it's probably even uglier than what we saw last night. Now that's not to say that I don't believe Dak is a good QB. I think he's a Top 10 QB in the league. I just don't think he quite has the upside of a guy like Watson. You put Watson on the Cowboys and they win a SB. You put Dak on the Texans and they do about the same probably a little worse.
    3 things I would point out to you.
    1) The cowboys OL the past two seasons has been the most overrated unit in football. Hands down. They have single-handedly lost several games with drive-killing holding calls or not being able to block a DE at all. I wish people would quit assuming they are good because others say so.
    2. No QB would win a SB with that defense the last few years. No QB. Go back and watch the rams against them in 2019 playoffs. And watch that defense at the end of last year. Awful.
    3. Cowboy receivers lead the league in drops.