Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just watts said he was disappointed that people booed the unified front

vCash

JJ watts said he was disappointed that people booed the unified front

The NFL players showed last night! Get with it son, the masses are tired of BLM. Racial injustice is a bad thing but this movement will only continue to divide this nation. I don't know where this is headed but this nation is going down the shitter and fast. Maybe ole sly croom said it best Maroon is all that matters!
    Last edited by 99jc; 09-11-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Actually a large group of Texans came out of the tunnel at that moment. It was really bad timing.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    i heard the booing as they were standing side by side on the field...good try though!

vCash
    Look I have a ton of issues with BLM and I'm by no means a leftist. This comment has nothing to do with whether BLM activism is good or bad, it has to do with the logic you're using:

Yes, people booed the BLM stuff. Unpopularity of an issue doesn't mean it's wrong- most football fans in the 60s would have booed MLK, does that make his movement wrong?

And further, is BLM really "dividing the nation", or was the divide always there you just didn't have it shoved in your face? Again to go back to the late 50s and early 60's social justice movements, you could argue that MLK and other black leaders were "dividing the country" by making whites face what was happening. But I think most of us can agree the horrible racism and injustice black people were facing existed long before it was brought to the forefront and America had to deal with it.

Is racism among police a big issue? Is policing in general a big issue? Do black people still face injustices? I don't claim to know. All I'm saying is that movements for progress are often "booed" and disliked by many.

Whether BLM is good or bad isn't my point: My point is that that you can't judge a movements' merits by popular opinion

vCash
    I am proud to say I am part of the 13% viewership decrease from last years first game. Won't waste my time with them or the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Look I have a ton of issues with BLM and I'm by no means a leftist. This comment has nothing to do with whether BLM activism is good or bad, it has to do with the logic you're using:

Yes, people booed the BLM stuff. Unpopularity of an issue doesn't mean it's wrong- most football fans in the 60s would have booed MLK, does that make his movement wrong?

And further, is BLM really "dividing the nation", or was the divide always there you just didn't have it shoved in your face? Again to go back to the late 50s and early 60's social justice movements, you could argue that MLK and other black leaders were "dividing the country" by making whites face what was happening. But I think most of us can agree the horrible racism and injustice black people were facing existed long before it was brought to the forefront and America had to deal with it.

Is racism among police a big issue? Is policing in general a big issue? Do black people still face injustices? I don't claim to know. All I'm saying is that movements for progress are often "booed" and disliked by many.

Whether BLM is good or bad isn't my point: My point is that that you can't judge a movements' merits by popular opinion
    I appreciate you looking at it objectively. I find it amazing that pretty much all players across most sports and 99.9% of black people speak up about their perceived racial injustices, just to have a bunch of white armchair quarterbacks tell them "nah that's not what you've experienced so shut up and get this off my tv." Now its clear you can get bogged down in some of the politics of it, for instance focusing on BLM the organization, but most of these players and people don't give 2 shits about the actual organization. You don't have to like it or watch it, but the fact it bothers so many people to a degree shows that a problem exists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I appreciate you looking at it objectively. I find it amazing that pretty much all players across most sports and 99.9% of black people speak up about their perceived racial injustices, just to have a bunch of white armchair quarterbacks tell them "nah that's not what you've experienced so shut up and get this off my tv." Now its clear you can get bogged down in some of the politics of it, for instance focusing on BLM the organization, but most of these players and people don't give 2 shits about the actual organization. You don't have to like it or watch it, but the fact it bothers so many people to a degree shows that a problem exists.
    I don't want to see the BLM organization ride the coattails of a legitimate movement and gain popularity/strength. People need to give 2 💩 and pay attention and educate themselves so an organization that is anti American (IMO) is not blindly followed without knowing what's most important to THAT organization.

I want any and all racial injustices eradicated.!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Actually a large group of Texans came out of the tunnel at that moment. It was really bad timing.
    The video says it was while both teams did their little protest. Interesting that you want to believe otherwise.

vCash
    Maybe the people that showed up wanted to see a football game and not a protest?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The fans are disappointed that they have to see virtue signaling and protesting about things they disagree with constantly in sports that they pay to be entertained with. Free speech goes both ways. It was the lowest rated Opening day NFL Game in 10 years. People are tired of people like JJ Watt thinking anyone gives a shit what their world view happens to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The fans are disappointed that they have to see virtue signaling and protesting about things they disagree with constantly in sports that they pay to be entertained with. Free speech goes both ways. It was the lowest rated Opening day NFL Game in 10 years. People are tired of people like JJ Watt thinking anyone gives a shit what their world view happens to be.
    What's amazing to me is in a country of 320 million people there are people that are surprised that some disagree with them.

My advice to those people is to be as good a person as you can be and expect people to screw up.

vCash
    Swimming pools kill ten times as many unarmed black people than cops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The video says it was while both teams did their little protest. Interesting that you want to believe otherwise.
    The booing starts immediately after the PA guy asks for "moment of silence" for social injustice (or whatever). Then while still booing...announcer thanks the "crowd". haha

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Nevermind. God bless.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-11-2020 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

So you are on the fence about a group supporting Marxism?

Interesting......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post

Interesting......
    Always trying to make it about something that it's not. Where would you stand if there was no BLM, just everyday people asking, requesting and demanding equality for ALL? Yep just what I figured, you find a different political angle to try and derail the real cause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandprairiedog View Post
    Always trying to make it about something that it's not. Where would you stand if there was no BLM, just everyday people asking, requesting and demanding equality for ALL? Yep just what I figured, you find a different political angle to try and derail the real cause.
    do you want equality for all in terms of opportunity or outcome? There's a huge difference in the 2.

vCash
    RIP Keffer McGee.

No lower, middle, upper class person gives two sh!ts what an over paid athlete cares about. If you want social justice then go into the black neighborhoods of these inner cities, ie Jackson, MS, lock arms and walk the streets. At night!!!!

Or even better. Everyone one of the protesting players take a ride with a cop on their shift in those neighborhoods.
    Last edited by coastratdog; 09-12-2020 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Adding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandprairiedog View Post
    Hey Einstein there is a BLM....a very marxist, police hating organization.

Yep, right all this BS isn't political.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post

Interesting......
    Thats one of the things i take issue with, yes. Also we have no idea whats happening to the money they receive as theyre several years behind on disclosing info for their tax exempt status. They have to do that soon or they'll loose it, and I'm very interested to see where the money goes. I also take issue with them focusing on cops killing blacks, as thats statistically not a huge issue (Harvard study showed that black cops were actually just as likely to shoot blacks as white cops, and that unarmed blacks arent shot all that often). Rather, I wish BLM focused on the higher rates of stereotyping they receive, cops being more likely to use force on them than whites, sentencing being harsher on blacks, poor black areas having less funded police forces which allows crime to flourish, poor black areas having less funded schools which makes it very hard for a generation to rise above what their parents lived in, and the million issues with policing in general:

Civil Forfeiture is somehow a thing, cops have very little training, police unions are way too powerful, police are the ones investigating their own for wrongdoing so they almost always sweep that under the rug, local DAs that have to work with said local police are the ones who have to prosecute them which makes DAs afraid to do so, and according to the FBI white nationalism has infiltrated police.

But sure, BLM was founded by a marxist, therefor everything they stand for and talk about is to be vehemently opposed. Theres no reason at all to ask "why do such a high percentage of law abiding blacks have issues with police compared to law abiding whites, and why do they still feel persecuted?". Nope. Theres a tie to marxism so lets shut off our brains and oppose them on everything....