Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Something to watch in the tropics - TD 19 off FL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm certainly not an expert but watching the future radar looks like it's heading up through Pascagoula/mobile area. Any of the real experts on here have thoughts on that?
    Still unknown, but as it gets stronger that will pull it more north faster vs drifting west. The new hurricane models both have a landfall closer to the ms/al line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Me either. While I don't live on the coast, i don't want to be on the east side of this thing where all the tornadoes and heavy stuff are. Don't need any trees crashing through my house. That happened during Camille and Katrina so I've seen enough of that lol!
    Just saw it, Laura got to West Monroe as a Cat 1 and we were on the east. A couple of houses in the neighborhood has trees on them.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Still unknown, but as it gets stronger that will pull it more north faster vs drifting west. The new hurricane models both have a landfall closer to the ms/al line.
    Thanks always appreciate y'all's info!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Just saw it, Laura got to West Monroe as a Cat 1 and we were on the east. A couple of houses in the neighborhood has trees on them.
    Yeah it sucks! Hearing those trees snap and the crashing sound is something you never forget!

vCash

vCash
    Dam checkout the Track Guidance models on Trop Tidbits. every single one is Bama state line eastward. This is the 1600Z run so it's the latest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Dam checkout the Track Guidance models on Trop Tidbits. every single one is Bama state line eastward. This is the 1600Z run so it's the latest.
    Well prayers for the Bama guys but that’s pretty ideal for MS. The West side of this storm looks not too bad all things considered

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Well prayers for the Bama guys but that’s pretty ideal for MS. The West side of this storm looks not too bad all things considered
    Got Water still in my yard in Biloxi. I sent SVD a few videos hopefully he can post them if he gets a chance

vCash
    4pm update it's now cat 2 at 100mph

it's now ingesting some dry air.
    It's hard to known when Sally will make her big turn north then ne instead of just wnw. That will determine where the eye lands but more model consensus looks like it will be closer to the ms/al border instead of hancock county. This would also reduce how far inland flooding would occur in MS especially with a weaker west side of the storm.

But still keep a close eye. wherever it lands of course will have the highest surge on the right side of the storm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Here's how you find out. Take your pistol and a deck of cards.
    Throw the cards in the air, shot a single card. Whatever that card is...will represent the last number of the wind speed. Now look for the next card you seeing face up.. the very next one. that's the first digit of the speed.
    Then look for a Face card. Think Jack - Cat 1, and so on till Ace - Cat 4. If you get the joker card... well it is 2020 and you should just go back inside and know the world is ending.
    Ugh! I missed on my first shot. Will the follow up shot count