Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Something to watch in the tropics - TD 19 off FL

vCash
    Morning update...Sally only strengthened 5 mph over night, and is not looking much better this morning yet. That likely means Cat 3 is off the table and cat 2 is max.
    Pressure was 994mb's but a pass in the last few moments observed 991... very possibly will be a hurricane at next update.
    Some minor flooding has already started on the gulf coast.

vCash
    One thing to note that will need to addressed in this next update... the eye location has shifted over the past 2 hours. the strong convective bursts that formed last night won overall instead of being pulled down to the current eye. This COULD POSSIBLY shift the track further east, but will wait to see.

vCash
    I'll be heading down that direction late this evening or overnight. Right now I'm looking at Gulfport if track stays as currently forecast.

vCash
    The HMON has been forecasting a Pascagoula/Bayou la Batre land fall since yesterday. The NHC tract has shifted east to reflect this. Landfall around the entrance to Biloxi Back Bay. Keep going east .

vCash
    Oh yeah 3 foot high tide this morning. in the yard and over the pier in Big Lake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Oh yeah 3 foot high tide this morning. in the yard and over the pier in Big Lake.
    Damn. My buddy in OS just called and said there was the most water in all the small bayous he’s ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Damn. My buddy in OS just called and said there was the most water in all the small bayous he’s ever seen.
    Well the tide was going to be higher than normal anyway today. Hope it keeps going east though.

vCash
    Well the tide was going to be higher than normal anyway today. Hope it keeps going east though.
    He just sent me some pics from Fort Bayou around Mikey’s and it pretty damn high. Over the dock at Mikey’s all parking lots totally flooded. Hopedale Marina, south of Nola in St Bernard, has 3 update videos on their Instagram. Wild seeing how they all move the trailers and boats to the highway. Whole thing lined with nothing but trailers.

vCash
    Mikey’s

St Bernard parish

vCash
    So, are we thinking Hancock Co may not be getting much of it anymore since there is hardly anything on the west side of the storm?

vCash
    Man I miss those $5 oysters @ Mikeys
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    We live on a small bayou in ocean springs and our pier already has water on it, not completely under yet. I?m about to head over towards mikeys and check it out.

vCash
    Well that changed quick... now a hurricane and 85mph. Pressure down to 985.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    So, are we thinking Hancock Co may not be getting much of it anymore since there is hardly anything on the west side of the storm?
    If it follows the current centerline from NHC, that is correct. Still get some surge, but shouldn't be bad with the rain. Still a chance all of MS could miss the weather, especially if it pulls a Marco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Well that changed quick... now a hurricane and 85mph. Pressure down to 985.

Now the GFS and the HMRF have it going south of Goula than Heading due north up the Pascagoula river. The official track has it hitting Breton than Beelining to the Bix Ocean Spring Bridge. Need the GFS and HRWF to be accurate.

vCash
    I'm certainly not an expert but watching the future radar looks like it's heading up through Pascagoula/mobile area. Any of the real experts on here have thoughts on that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm certainly not an expert but watching the future radar looks like it's heading up through Pascagoula/mobile area. Any of the real experts on here have thoughts on that?
    I surely wouldn?t have any problem with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    I surely wouldn?t have any problem with that.
    Me either. While I don't live on the coast, i don't want to be on the east side of this thing where all the tornadoes and heavy stuff are. Don't need any trees crashing through my house. That happened during Camille and Katrina so I've seen enough of that lol!

vCash
    Is it time for normal "spring tides" or flood tides? When Irma hit here, it was during our flood tide period and flooding was significantly more than during Michael the year before.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Update 11am was actually up to 90...