Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Auburn's Gonna Win the Football Game"

vCash

"Auburn's Gonna Win the Football Game"

SECN crown the 'kick six' as the greatest play in college football history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    SECN crown the 'kick six' as the greatest play in college football history.
    I'll still place Lindsay Scott's TD against UF or even Cal vs. Stanford higher.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I’d have to agree.

What’s crazy is that Auburn may most of the top plays in CFB history. For some reason, they’ve been blessed with some really improbable wins.

The kick 6 & the “The Prayer at Jordan Hair” vs UGA could be 1 and 2 alone.

MSU has virtually none that I can think of. Maybe the Kick, pick, kick vs Eli in the Egg Bowl. Other than that, we’ve had very little luck. Not sure why
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I’d have to agree.

What’s crazy is that Auburn may most of the top plays in CFB history. For some reason, they’ve been blessed with some really improbable wins.

MSU has virtually none that I can think of. Maybe the Kick, pick, kick vs Eli in the Egg Bowl. Other than that, we’ve had very little luck. Not sure why
    1998 vs ark was pretty improbable... with freshman madkin, we had what 2 3rd and 18s and a 4th and long?

vCash
    Indian Burial Grounds

vCash
    I would add Doug Flutie's hail mary against Miami in 84 and Kordell Stewart's hail mary against Michigan. If memory serves those were both done on the road.

vCash
    I’d have to agree.

The thing about the Kick 6 to me is that it really was Bama being unprepared that caused it. I prefer plays that seemed to be divine intervention (The Prayer at Jordan Hare, the Kick/Pick/Kick), raw athleticism that created something special (Lindsay Scott), or something truly bizarre (the band being on the field). But, yes, Auburn does have that lucky horseshoe.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    1998 vs ark was pretty improbable... with freshman madkin, we had what 2 3rd and 18s and a 4th and long?
    For sure, but I’m talking about miracle, game ending plays. Auburn has a virtual monopoly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I would add Doug Flutie's hail mary against Miami in 84 and Kordell Stewart's hail mary against Michigan. If memory serves those were both done on the road.

To me those are just Hail Mary’s and Hail Mary’s are fairly common. They media has pumped those two plays, but to me there are many others that are more improbable and bigger miracles. Both of Auburn’s are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The thing about the Kick 6 to me is that it really was Bama being unprepared that caused it. I prefer plays that seemed to be divine intervention (The Prayer at Jordan Hare, the Kick/Pick/Kick), raw athleticism that created something special (Lindsay Scott), or something truly bizarre (the band being on the field). But, yes, Auburn does have that lucky horseshoe.
    The Kick 6 was absolutely divine intervention

vCash
    When does MSU get this type of moment? I’d soil myself

vCash
    Deleted

vCash
    The Kick 6 was absolutely divine intervention
    Don't get me wrong, it was a solid kick return. But, it is was much more about 1 coach recognizing that he could potentially use a little used quark in the rules vs. a team that wasn't paying enough attention to what was going on. I don't find anything divine about that. The Prayer, the kick/pick, or that dang lateral by the Hawgs against OM is divine intervention.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

Don?t forget ?punt Bama, punt?

vCash
    I’d have to agree.

The kick, pick, kick was not Eli, that was Romaro Miller. Eli was on the sidelines redshirting as a true freshman that season.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'll still place Lindsay Scott's TD against UF or even Cal vs. Stanford higher.
    Didn?t Lindsay Scott?s TD cost us a trip to the Sugar Bowl?

vCash
    I?d have to agree.

What?s crazy is that Auburn may most of the top plays in CFB history. For some reason, they?ve been blessed with some really improbable wins.

The kick 6 & the ?The Prayer at Jordan Hair? vs UGA could be 1 and 2 alone.

MSU has virtually none that I can think of. Maybe the Kick, pick, kick vs Eli in the Egg Bowl. Other than that, we?ve had very little luck. Not sure why
    The Piss and Miss was pretty great. One man?s opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    The Piss and Miss was pretty great. One man?s opinion.
    I'll second that!!

vCash
    I would agree. That was a out of nowhere, wow, game winning TDs in a rivalry game.

Stanford/Cal..... Cal dude was down about the 2nd pitch. That gets called back now a days.

Sec games of note, not mentioned yet.... LSU v UK a few years back. UK had already gave the coach a gatoraid bath. The ball was batted and LSU ran under it for a game winning/ending TD.

State.... Auburn game in 99 was a unreal ending.
    Bama game 1980. Everyone watching thought Bama was punching it in for the win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    The kick, pick, kick was not Eli, that was Romaro Miller. Eli was on the sidelines redshirting as a true freshman that season.
    Eli throwing that INT would have literally been the only way that the pass, tip, pick, and kick could have been better.