Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shrader Playing Some WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I do wish that they would ask more X and O's related technical questions.
    Yeah, once they heard about Shrader they totally lost focus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Yeah, once they heard about Shrader they totally lost focus.
    One thing that Joe did last year that was actually good was have a session where he educated them on his offensive philosophy. Insert joke here.

But I think if Leach and Arnett did the same it would lead to better questions and insight for the fans and I think the media would be more comfortable asking them X and O's questions.

vCash
    I think they will ask more Xs & Os questions once we play. There's only so much you can ask right now
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    One thing that Joe did last year that was actually good was have a session where he educated them on his offensive philosophy. Insert joke here.

But I think if Leach and Arnett did the same it would lead to better questions and insight for the fans and I think the media would be more comfortable asking them X and O's questions.
    I agree. You would think the media would be just as curious as we are regarding the happenings of strategy, player development, and what to expect on Saturdays. Heck, even follow up with after watching the film what were the stats from practice. Anything that can provide a semblance of expectations. I'm not asking for a game plan but man reporters give us something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think it was more Leach saying you can hold a clipboard & signal in plays or you can try your hand at WR. This wasn't Shrader looking saying oh I want to be a WR now.
    Don't I remember it being said that Alabama offered him out of high school as a WR? Was that true?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Don't I remember it being said that Alabama offered him out of high school as a WR? Was that true?
    I've seen a few people say that but I don't know the validity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    No doubt his size will help but size doesn't necessarily get you open consistently against SEC DB's. It gives him the potential to box out some guys and win some 50/50 balls over shorter DB's but I just see him struggling getting separation from most SEC DB's he'd face because he won't be fluid or agile enough side to side to create any separation. I'd love to be surprised and see him on the field at WR this season making some impact plays. It certainly could make for some interesting packages and trick plays.
    Mike Leach's offense gets people open.