Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan support

vCash

Fan support

Our players deserve to be cheered on by their peers. I?d love to be in the stadium but I believe it?s imperative we take care of the students that live for this also. They are our future givers and the passion they show should be represented by someone. Damn the 2500. They deserve more seats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Our players deserve to be cheered on by their peers. I?d love to be in the stadium but I believe it?s imperative we take care of the students that live for this also. They are our future givers and the passion they show should be represented by someone. Damn the 2500. They deserve more seats
    What sucks is down on the coast we have no radio coverage. So guess I'll be glued to the intraweb tomorrow. Hopefully WFCA still has their feed working.

vCash
    How many tickets do the students normally get?

I probably agree that they should definitely have an opportunity to go but I just want more information and context. I do wish that more of them would stay the entire game and based on what I have seen the past few seasons the number of diehard student fans is definitely around 2500 or less.

vCash
    Time to represent with students in the stands at first home game

vCash
    I'm just ready to see us play. I'm excited about the direction of our football program for the first time in a while. Its frustrating to know we had a high talent level play down these last few years. That trend is going to reverse. I trust our leadership and standard with the current staff.

I think we are very taonted in spots offensively. A potential first round QB, elite sec running back, and a 2 deep o line with NFL candidates. If the receivers step up then man...we can put up stats. Defensively I want to see effort and swarming to the ball. Got some guys that have to grow up quicker than they should in the secondary. There will be bumps in the road during the 2020 season but should be good learning tools for 2021 when things hopefully have normalized.

And who knows, let's hope these next 6 weeks go as smooth as they can. High school crowds are attending games. College games are occurring regionally. If the consequences are limited, then perhaps ticket allotment will be increased. We wont see full stadiums, but we may see circumstances that allow for more of us to attend. I'm optimistic for some reason.
    Last edited by hp22; 09-05-2020 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    I'm just ready to see us play. I'm excited about the direction of our football program for the first time in a while. Its frustrating to know we had a high talent level play down these last few years. That trend is going to reverse. I trust our leadership and standard with the current staff. I'm ready to see it and think the product will be exciting in time. I also think people are undervaluing our talent level in spots. I just worry about our ability to stop other offenses as a result of depth and secondary attrition. This is a good year to have to grow up quick though and it will make us that much better in 21. I just want to see growth in 2020.

And who knows, let's hope these next 6 weeks go as smooth as they can. High school crowds are attending games. College games are occurring regionally. If the consequences are limited, then perhaps ticket allotment will be increased. We wont see full stadiums, but we may see circumstances that allow for more of us to attend. I'm optimistic for some reason.
    Our first game is in October and I think it's very possible that they may allow more fans in as the season progresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    How many tickets do the students normally get?

I probably agree that they should definitely have an opportunity to go but I just want more information and context. I do wish that more of them would stay the entire game and based on what I have seen the past few seasons the number of diehard student fans is definitely around 2500 or less.
    I?m thinking 10,000. But relegated to 2500 which includes band. Only less than 12% of the student body has an opportunity to go to a game.
    So how do we increase our future growth when we alienate so many future givers?
    I understand it?s tough for many but these students are being penalized way too much at the expense of other older donors. The capacity this year is set at 15,334 which puts students at taking up only 16.3% of total capacity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our first game is in October and I think it's very possible that they may allow more fans in as the season progresses.
    That's what I am hoping. There have been some decent crowds at some of these high school games. And each college game with fractional attendance that occurs without major consequence increases the probability for more tickets down the road. Trial and error and figuring out what works.
    I hope MLB makes a push at having limited fans by postseason.

I've been diligent about covid protocols and will continue to be. I think we can co-exist. I would not want go to a crowded bar on a weekend. But I'd go to a MSU football game in a stadium that seats 60,000 if only 25,000 tickets were sold. It wouldn't shock me if we see us approach that number as the year progresses (so long as there isnt a major setback which is possible.)

vCash
    I hope for that also but our current students deserve the opportunity to be the first line of support. Our future giving is based on the future moneymakers but yet we limit the possibilities for them in their positive years about our school

vCash
    I hope for that also but our current students deserve the opportunity to be the first line of support. Our future giving is based on the future moneymakers but yet we limit the possibilities for them in their positive years about our school
    I agree with this.

My post should have very generally said "It would not shock me to see a 50 percent tickets sold announcement by mid october.

And yes, I hope students are able to attend games in high number and would support them getting preference. At that level, it's such a numbers game of retention rates. They are your future bulldog club members and retention rates will take a hit if their game day experience on campus suffers. Interest within the student population is vital long term.
    Last edited by hp22; 09-05-2020 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    I just want us graduates to remember that these students deserve every opportunity to represent and support this school even if it inconveniences me as a season ticket holder. Students deserve the opportunity to experience the college life like we did.

vCash
    I just want us graduates to remember that these students deserve every opportunity to represent and support this school even if it inconveniences me as a season ticket holder. Students deserve the opportunity to experience the college life like we did.
    Yep

There's little better in the world than being a 22 year old student on campus during a fun football year. Fun time in life. It crushes me to think about the interruption covid19 has on the college experience. I'm all for anything that increases student participation. And if we increase game attendance periodically throughout the year, I'd support focusing on student involvement.
    Last edited by hp22; 09-05-2020 at 01:37 AM.

vCash
    https://www.change.org/p/mississippi...24513332-en-US

Signing this petition will help a ton

vCash
    I?m not a petition guy but I believe our students that support football deserve our support. What?s to lose??

vCash
    Signed. Good luck buddy.

The students deserve to be there. If they can be in on campus and in class with athletes and each other, they can be in the stands. There will be plenty of room for them to spread out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    What sucks is down on the coast we have no radio coverage. So guess I'll be glued to the intraweb tomorrow. Hopefully WFCA still has their feed working.
    That is so piss poor on the school's part.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I agree. The MSU students are hurting right now. More needs to be done to help their college experience. What they are having to do is over the top. The education is already compromised and some professors not doing anything to make it any better for their students. School should at least let most of the students go to home games. They need a break from Covid scamdemic.

I have a student attending before some start attacking my position. I know some of which I speak.

vCash
    So to recap, these students are such snowflakes that if they miss one season, they're going to stop liking football? They're going to never give back to they're alma mater again? If they're that soft, they aren't going to last as state fans anyway... If they had good parents, this would be a great life lesson, give more, get more. We don't compete in the sec because of participation ribbons. You can't join a country club or have a boat just because someone down the street does. If you want it, earn it. Its limited this year, life happens, suck it up and learn from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4suredog View Post
    So to recap, these students are such snowflakes that if they miss one season, they're going to stop liking football? They're going to never give back to they're alma mater again? If they're that soft, they aren't going to last as state fans anyway... If they had good parents, this would be a great life lesson, give more, get more. We don't compete in the sec because of participation ribbons. You can't join a country club or have a boat just because someone down the street does. If you want it, earn it. Its limited this year, life happens, suck it up and learn from it.
    Got nothing to do with life lessons, snowflakes, country club or being a bad parent. The college experience is for the young people. Were you ever young once? Did you go to college? They only get 4 or so years to have this unique time in their life. You got the rest of your life to go to games as an adult and you'll get all the life lessons you want. The best life lessons are living life and finding out. That is what they do in college. So they sit in a room all day alone staring at at PC screen with no other activities and you want to preach life lessons?

Glad to see the world doesn't revolve around you. It ain't about us in this situation. Grow up.

vCash
    Your exactly right, I'm mistaken. Who can I call to get chairbacks at the dude. I really want them and others have them, I should too! Also, I'd like a condo in destin twice a year. Others have that, why not me? And I'd also like to get state a national championship in football, there's lots of people who want that... oh yeah, I forgot all those things take money. Lots of it, I'm going to go pout and stare at a PC all day because I can't afford it and its everybody else's fault! From now on, I'm going to hate football and mississippi state too! Shame on the world for having things I don't get to do....