Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can yall imagine going into this season, w/a Joe Moorhead offseason?

vCash
    I just threw up a little in my mouth from just thinking about it.

vCash
    After his Egg Bowl presser, I informed my tailgate crew that we were done. The fight, players skipping bowl practice and the bowl performance just reinforced that decision. I was going to keep my tickets and parking pass so as not to lose my position but the tickets and parking pass were going on Stub Hub as soon as I got them. I opted back in on January 3rd and January 9th reinforced that decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    After his Egg Bowl presser, I informed my tailgate crew that we were done. The fight, players skipping bowl practice and the bowl performance just reinforced that decision. I was going to keep my tickets and parking pass so as not to lose my position but the tickets and parking pass were going on Stub Hub as soon as I got them. I opted back in on January 3rd and January 9th reinforced that decision.
    That post EB presser still baffles/enrages me. His comment about how "there was a myth that I inherited the 85 Bears", lol....he literally did inherit the #1 defense in the nation, and all his offense had to do was not be putrid, and we would've gone to a NY6 bowl....but nah, we had to drag his yankee ass outta there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Absolute shit show.

At least our guys are gonna be tough and play hard....now
    I'd just like to go into a season where our fanbase wasnt such a shit show.

For God sake, let it go. Joe has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That post EB presser still baffles/enrages me. His comment about how "there was a myth that I inherited the 85 Bears", lol....he literally did inherit the #1 defense in the nation, and all his offense had to do was not be putrid, and we would've gone to a NY6 bowl....but nah, we had to drag his yankee ass outta there.
    Just running a basic read option with that bunch and we win 10 games b/c the defense would have done the rest. He really thought Mississippi State football started the day he was hired.

vCash
    If we win either KSU or Tenn game it would have been a reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post

vCash
    The shift in his tone from December 2017 to summer/fall 2019 is unreal, and it's a big reason why he is no longer here. He got off the airplane at Bryan Airfield talking about ring sizes and then praised Mullen in his opening press conference for leaving such a good situation for him. Then the next year all he can do is talk about how the program has actually never been any good and he's really and truly doing a good job and anybody that thinks otherwise doesn't matter.

I truly think people would've been more tolerant and understanding of his W/L record after two years had the off-field stuff not been such a mess. Let's be honest for a second, it's really hard to get fired at MSU if you never miss a bowl game and never lose to Ole Miss. But he somehow managed to do that in only two years.

vCash
    did you opt in or out on your tickets?

vCash
    did you opt in or out on your tickets?
    Yes. I kept my two. Five of those that tailgate with me opted out. I hope enough of those above me opted out so I can keep them. I haven't heard from the ticket office yet.

vCash
    As an old ?DOG? ..I can tell you watching Crooms? bowl win and Moorheads two years were the WORST DOG teams i??ve seen. I?ve seen mismatched talent, bad coaching, bad recruiting and Larry Templeton management.....but I have NEVER seen what I saw with M?s management with that incredibly talented team he inherited.......never.

vCash
    The Egg Bowl press conference was bizarre. He may have thought that he was gone and just went completely rogue.

Moorhead simply wasn't qualified for the MSU job. I blame Cohen for listening to small minded former MSU AD's whom he trusted cut from the LT cloth who came up with the poor MSU idea that we could only hire rising OC/DC unless Jackie Sherrill wants the job.

Look around the SEC

Ole Miss- Kiffin- former head coach at USC, FAU, Tennessee, and the Raiders.
    Alabama- Saban- former head coach at LSU, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan State
    Auburn- Mahlzahn- former head coach at Arkansas State
    LSU- Coach O- former head coach at USC and Ole Miss
    Arkansas- Sam Pittman- former OL coach and I don't think his resume is SEC caliber.
    Texas A&M- Jimbo Fisher- former head coach at Florida State
    Tennessee- Pruitt- former DC under Saban, at FSU, and Georgia.
    Vanderbilt- Mason- former Assistant head coach at Stanford. Not a SEC caliber resume but Vandy is a different animal in the league because of their academics. He's also one of the worst coaches in the league.
    Florida- Dan- former head coach at MSU.
    Georgia- Smart- former DC under Saban.
    Kentucky- Stoops- former DC at FSU. Borderline SEC caliber resume.
    South Carolina- Muschamp- former head coach at Florida
    Mizzou- Drinkwitz- former head coach at App State.

Compare that to Joe Moorhead former OC at Penn State and head coach at Fordham. Not to mention compare our search this time around to the last search we had. The names and resume's aren't even close. Nor are the results. And Moorhead sure as hell didn't elevate our status compared to two years ago which tells me we completely botched the coaching search. And that's the real tragedy to me. This was avoidable. Even the worst head coaching resume's in the SEC have some SEC or at least FSU experience and FSU is pretty similar to any SEC team program wise. Except for Mason at Vanderbilt and of course he is one of the worst in the league so it doesn't disprove the evidence. Most coaches were either under Saban and/or at least had Sun Belt head coaching experience. Also- Matt Luke was woefully underqualified and we all know why he was the head coach at Ole Miss and Chad Morris did have head coaching experience but he didn't really do well at SMU do it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise that he failed at Arkansas.

At least Cohen fixed our situation. Just have to get through the next 2-3 years to get back to where we have a chance to have a special season again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    As an old ?DOG? ..I can tell you watching Crooms? bowl win and Moorheads two years were the WORST DOG teams i??ve seen. I?ve seen mismatched talent, bad coaching, bad recruiting and Larry Templeton management.....but I have NEVER seen what I saw with M?s management with that incredibly talented team he inherited.......never.
    I would honestly take Croom over Moorhead. At least Croom won his bowl game and could get a play called in less than 40 seconds. Not to mention there were a lot fewer off the field incidents during the Croom era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Just running a basic read option with that bunch and we win 10 games b/c the defense would have done the rest. He really thought Mississippi State football started the day he was hired.
    That was backtracking to try to cover his ass. Which was ridiculous after all the loud talk that he had the season before.

Fortunately for us poor discipline and S&C isn't sustainable in the SEC.

vCash
    Yes. I kept my two. Five of those that tailgate with me opted out. I hope enough of those above me opted out so I can keep them. I haven't heard from the ticket office yet.
    I kept my two and have not heard anything either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would honestly take Croom over Moorhead. At least Croom won his bowl game and could get a play called in less than 40 seconds. Not to mention there were a lot fewer off the field incidents during the Croom era.
    Croom definitely ran a better program. Croom as HC and Joe as OC would’ve been a decent combo
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Slo mo was as bad of a head coach as he was nice as a person. Having him during this time would have ruined our program for a decade.