Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I wasn't bad at football. Basketball was another story, I was an awful basketball fan. Former Brave Bruce Benedict was a particular target of my vitriol. He was a terrible high school ref back in the late 80's/early 90's before he became a terrible college ref. We once threw baseball cards at him when he made a particularly bad call. He was not amused.

You were surrounded with bad company, it was not your fault. I blame those other degenerates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Acting a complete drunken ass at football games are some of the more embarrassing memories I wish I could take back from my 20s. Now I just stick to being an ass on the internet.
    As far as I remember, I never cursed loudly or was disruptive. Of course I was more or less blackout drunk through the Croom years, so maybe I just don't remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    You were surrounded with bad company, it was not your fault. I blame those other degenerates.
    Those guys were nuts!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Once it was revealed that Lovett was the one that had a problem with the workouts and wanted to talk to a coach about it I was done with him. We can't win big at MSU with guys like that. We already have too many hurdles to overcome to have to worry about a guy's heart.
    Well, the workout angle was just an excuse. It was never factual. He couldn't quiet the noise coming from pops and others. Decided he wanted out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am really a nice guy to everyone, I make friends easy. However I am a big guy and have a very mean look on my face. They usually shut up when I ask.
    You must look like , well err, Jack Lambert!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    As far as I remember, I never cursed loudly or was disruptive. Of course I was more or less blackout drunk through the Croom years, so maybe I just don't remember.
    Any bad acts of fandom during the Croom Error are automatically stricken from your permanent record. No one could live through that stench and maintain decorum.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Any bad acts of fandom during the Croom Error are automatically stricken from your permanent record. No one could live through that stench and maintain decorum.
    This is correct. Although, I don't think there was enough alcohol in the state of Mississippi to make you forget how bad those years were.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The 2008 game against Auburn I acted a fool. Hopefully I have been forgiven for the circumstances of the outburst. By the end of that game I had a pile of whiskey bottles stacked up by my feet.

vCash
    Those guys were nuts!
    I think a couple almost got arrested and had to see the dean. Jackasses.

vCash
    Hear, hear, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No here's the problem, you dipshits want info. I bring what I know and hear. Y'all don't like it some I'm wrong or don't know crap. Fine. Start 8000 threads and beg for info from someone else. It's not like I want to be right it's just what I'm hearing from really really good source. But don't worry I won't worry about it. Figure it out for yourselves. Checking out. Enjoy.
    I appreciate the info and can live in the real world and still remain optimistic. I'm sure a lot of others appreciate it too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    The defense is not going to be as bad as ya'll think it's going to be. We have some athletes and a scheme that's going to use that athleticism. Most of ya'll are too young to remember what Joe Lee Dunn did with the blitz. Bookmark this post and make me eat my words. HAIL STATE!
    Aside from being 3-3-5 in name, this defensive scheme is apples and oranges to JLD's. JLD ran 2 'dog' safeties and more single high stuff. Arnett's is more of a quarters coverage concept with 1 'dog' safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Aside from being 3-3-5 in name, this defensive scheme is apples and oranges to JLD's. JLD ran 2 'dog' safeties and more single high stuff. Arnett's is more of a quarters coverage concept with 1 'dog' safety.
    This is a good point that a lot of people forget. The 99 team basically ran a 5-1-5, with 2 of those back 5 being DOG safeties near the LOS. We routinely had 8 guys in the box, but the offenses in those days were so different than they are now that it worked. I just don't think this defense is going to look anything like those JLD defenses other than hopefully a heavy dose of blitzing as I think we'll need it to create pressure.