Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 153

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

  1. #81
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    12,147
    vCash
    50600
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    BB gets it.
    The in-game meltdown is still one of life's inevitables.

  2. #82
    Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,095
    vCash
    15104
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If we've truly found a great DC then we should be at least an average defense with the personnel we have. An average DC can put a really good defense on the field when stocked at every position. When JLD got here he made a big difference taking over for Bill Clay. And Grantham was a huge difference when taking over for Peter Sirmon. If Arnett knows what he is doing then I think we have enough talent to be a middling SEC defense.
    Grantham took over for manny part 2
    #BringBackC34

  3. #83
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    600
    I appreciate any and all practice reports. I was skeptical we would even play football this season, so I?m just happy that the dawgs will be taking the field. Wins are icing on the cake!

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,931
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Grantham took over for manny part 2
    Sirmon was here in '16, grantham '17, Shoop '18 and '19

  5. #85
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    14,650
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    The in-game meltdown is still one of life's inevitables.
    I know and it's generally fun to read em!

  6. #86
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    12,147
    vCash
    50600
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Sirmon was here in '16, grantham '17, Shoop '18 and '19
    Yes. One would think the MSU-Louisville-Trade-Rape of 2017 would be a more memorable moment, lol.

  7. #87
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,158
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Tell us what you have heard about Schrader this fall. Always appreciate your info.
    He's had a solid camp. He's really tightened up his throwing motion & is doing better. People are mistaking the fact that Will May be slightly ahead of him that he's done at MSU at QB. I think that's way premature & it's going to be a great battle next Spring. I think the biggest thing is that guys just gravitate to Will. He has a magnetic personality.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    14,650
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He's had a solid camp. He's really tightened up his throwing motion & is doing better. People are mistaking the fact that Will May be slightly ahead of him that he's done at MSU at QB. I think that's way premature & it's going to be a great battle next Spring. I think the biggest thing is that guys just gravitate to Will. He has a magnetic personality.
    Thank you, that confirms what I've been hearing. Appreciate it.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,374
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Who are the 8 guys you think will get the most PT at WR?

    And who have you heard good things about not named Mitchell or Payton?
    Might need to roll with just 6 guys at WR this year.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23,790
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Just to be clear, you?re saying Lovett is better than Pickering and Crumedy both?.....
    I said “arguably”. Crumedy and Pickering have chances to be pretty good players. But neither is dominant and after having a 10 year run of dominant guys on the DL- that hurts us.
    Just out here kicking rocks

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,120
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We have a walkon & Korey Charles battling for a 2 deep spot at CB, we'd definitely be better with Jarrian here.
    So why were they moving Jarrian to safety? Or would it be different now that Williams quit? In my opinion Jarrian has hips like a safety not a corner, though he doesn't seem eager to tackle like you would want with a safety. I suppose he could still be below average at both of those spots AND be one of our better options this year.

    I think I would rather just take lumps with Forbes and Richardson who want to be here... But ask me again on 9/26 at about 3:00.

  12. #92
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    2475
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I appreciate any and all practice reports. I was skeptical we would even play football this season, so I?m just happy that the dawgs will be taking the field. Wins are icing on the cake!
    Yeah, me too. I want us to look in shape and conditioned. I think our offense may surprise some folks but the defense will be hit and miss. If we win 4 or 5 games I'll be tickled pink.

  13. #93
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    12,147
    vCash
    50600
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I said “arguably”. Crumedy and Pickering have chances to be pretty good players. But neither is dominant and after having a 10 year run of dominant guys on the DL- that hurts us.

    You mentioned what you've heard about the D. Got anything on the offense? How are QB/WR doing? O-line? scheme? etc...

  14. #94
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,532
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Heath Mitchell Williams Payton Tulu Shavers Spivey Cumbest & Jones.

    Heath Tulu & Austin have all been consistent playmakers.
    I play college fantasy and REALLY want to grab at least one of our WRs given the offense we are going to run. But I can't decide who to take. Mitchell seems to be the obvious choice from past performance but who do you see being our most productive WR this year based on practice reports?

  15. #95
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,158
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    So why were they moving Jarrian to safety? Or would it be different now that Williams quit? In my opinion Jarrian has hips like a safety not a corner, though he doesn't seem eager to tackle like you would want with a safety. I suppose he could still be below average at both of those spots AND be one of our better options this year.

    I think I would rather just take lumps with Forbes and Richardson who want to be here... But ask me again on 9/26 at about 3:00.
    Well at the time you had 2 solid CB's in Emerson & Williams. Also they were trying to get the 5 best DB's on the field & that was Emerson Williams Peters Murphy & Jarrian.

  16. #96
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,158
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I play college fantasy and REALLY want to grab at least one of our WRs given the offense we are going to run. But I can't decide who to take. Mitchell seems to be the obvious choice from past performance but who do you see being our most productive WR this year based on practice reports?
    I think Osirus is the obvious pick.

  17. #97
    Senior Member bulldawg28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,946
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not going to argue w you it would be a waste of time. But I'll leave this, . our second best cb isn't 160 lbs. and he's gaine more than 10 since he got here. We have zero depth at any position. But let Arnett have it when I'm right. I tried telling everyone last year our d was not going to be good. I was told but rivers, Cole and so and so were Nfl players ( they never were close) we lost them, gay, Autry, Lovett, dantzler and Jones off of a bad defense. But ok we will be fine.
    Fred Smoot weighed 165 lbs and was an All American.

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,633
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Fred Smoot weighed 165 lbs and was an All American.
    Feed smoot was golaith compared to Forbes. And no he didn't weigh 165. But he could get in your jock and hang on too.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,653
    vCash
    53427
    For those bringing insight to this thread, thank you. I'm sincerely thankful for your takes, whether others agree or not. I'm also thankful our players are headed in the right direction as a cohesive unit and that we are even getting to have these discussions.

  20. #100
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23,790
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Fred Smoot weighed 165 lbs and was an All American.
    lol- Fred Smoot didnt weigh 165 when he was at Miss State
    Just out here kicking rocks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.