Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Heath Mitchell Williams Payton Tulu Shavers Spivey Cumbest & Jones.

Heath Tulu & Austin have all been consistent playmakers.
    I've heard this during the preseason the past two years. Then almost nothing from Williams during the season.

Not hating on him or anything. I hope it carries over into the actual season. I would love to see him play a major role for us. We need someone like him to step up and blow up this year.

I'm also not attacking your info. I believe he is a playmaker in practice. Just yet to see it in a game.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I see some impatience and higher expectations ... Don't forget that after the first year under JoMo we ALL KNEW we were in for several mediocre years until a competent HC would come along ... and that HC was going to need a few more years as well. I enjoy optimism but it's not like we weren't all expecting this
    THIS ALL DAY!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I've heard this during the preseason the past two years. Then almost nothing from Williams during the season.

Not hating on him or anything. I hope it carries over into the actual season. I would love to see him play a major role for us. We need someone like him to step up and blow up this year.

I'm also not attacking your info. I believe he is a playmaker in practice. Just yet to see it in a game.
    He's not athletic enough to get open consistently against SEC defenses. Or at least, not in Moorhead's offense. Leach's offense should be the exact opposite and make it easier for him, so maybe it'll be a different story this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I play college fantasy and REALLY want to grab at least one of our WRs given the offense we are going to run. But I can't decide who to take. Mitchell seems to be the obvious choice from past performance but who do you see being our most productive WR this year based on practice reports?
    What site do you use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He's not athletic enough to get open consistently against SEC defenses. Or at least, not in Moorhead's offense. Leach's offense should be the exact opposite and make it easier for him, so maybe it'll be a different story this year.
    Apparently no one was athletic enough to get open in Moorhead's offense. And if by chance they did get open the ball wasn't thrown to them. And if the stars aligned and they were open and the ball was thrown to them they were often so surprised that they usually weren't ready to catch it. All things that will be different this year based on scheme, practice, QB play and just the general philosophy of the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Apparently no one was athletic enough to get open in Moorhead's offense. And if by chance they did get open the ball wasn't thrown to them. And if the stars aligned and they were open and the ball was thrown to them they were often so surprised that they usually weren't ready to catch it. All things that will be different this year based on scheme, practice, QB play and just the general philosophy of the offense.
    This and they had to be doing advanced physics to figure out their route while they were running said route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yeah after I posted that I started wondering how much of a crutch Moorhead's offense was for everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I remember what happened to Joe Lee after Smoot and Bean graduated too
    OUR OFFENSE SUXED AND MADE THE DEFENSE STAY ON THE FIELD TOO LONG. MOST OF THE TIME DEFENDING A SHORT FIELD. A GOOD OFFENSE WILL HELP A GAMBLING DEFENSE. A BEND BUT DON'T BREAK D--NOT GOOD FOR A ML TEAM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    OUR OFFENSE SUXED AND MADE THE DEFENSE STAY ON THE FIELD TOO LONG. MOST OF THE TIME DEFENDING A SHORT FIELD. A GOOD OFFENSE WILL HELP A GAMBLING DEFENSE. A BEND BUT DON'T BREAK D--NOT GOOD FOR A ML TEAM.
    It also really didn't help when the OCs figured out Joe Lee's secret: He left the TE uncovered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    It also really didn't help when the OCs figured out Joe Lee's secret: He left the TE uncovered.
    Ah yes, how could I forget? Seems like 2-3 time a game someone near me would drunkenly yell "Why is the GD Tight End always open!!?!?!?!"

ETA: My sources are now telling me that that was me drunkenly yelling, not random fans around me.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Ah yes, how could I forget? Seems like 2-3 time a game someone near me would drunkenly yell "Why is the GD Tight End always open!!?!?!?!"

ETA: My sources are now telling me that that was me drunkenly yelling, not random fans around me.
    Funny because I have told several to shut up when they continue to use that language. Everyone slips up but to do it continuing is uncalled for. It is a family event.

vCash

I forget which team it was (Florida, IIRC) but in 2001 we made their TE look like an All American that day. It was sickening. Spurrier made Joe Lee cover that TE. Then Rex Grossman went to town on our ass through the air.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Funny because I have told several to shut up when they continue to use that language. Everyone slips up but to do it continuing is uncalled for. It is a family event.
    This has always been interesting to me because I have slipped up and done it before, but usually I'll apologize if I'm not around people I know, especially if there's young children around. However, I've seen people who will be repeatedly told to tone it down and it's like it's a trigger for them to turn it up another notch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Or when LSU figured out that he would keep playing LB's 8yds off the ball when they went to a power I and erased a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter without throwing a pass.

vCash
    From what I've heard so far, I'd like to think there's a lot more structure and nuance to Arnett's scheme than Joe Lee's. Or, some semblance of structure and nuance at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It's amazing how your perspective changes as a fan when you go from drunken student, to drunken young alum, to sober Dad with his kids in the stands.....
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    It's amazing how your perspective changes as a fan when you go from drunken student, to drunken young alum, to sober Dad with his kids in the stands.....
    No joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This has always been interesting to me because I have slipped up and done it before, but usually I'll apologize if I'm not around people I know, especially if there's young children around. However, I've seen people who will be repeatedly told to tone it down and it's like it's a trigger for them to turn it up another notch.
    I am really a nice guy to everyone, I make friends easy. However I am a big guy and have a very mean look on my face. They usually shut up when I ask.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Acting a complete drunken ass at football games are some of the more embarrassing memories I wish I could take back from my 20s. Now I just stick to being an ass on the internet.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-08-2020 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Acting a complete ass at football games are some of the more embarrassing memories I wish I could take back from my 20s.
    I wasn't bad at football. Basketball was another story, I was an awful basketball fan. Former Brave Bruce Benedict was a particular target of my vitriol. He was a terrible high school ref back in the late 80's/early 90's before he became a terrible college ref. We once threw baseball cards at him when he made a particularly bad call. He was not amused.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18