Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I keep getting rave reviews about Arnett. But Jinny's and joes are an issue. Not having Lovett is big.

If Arnett is really good, then our defense will be competitive this year. We’ve got an awful lot of 4 stars over there. The Jimmy’s and Joes aren’t that bad
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not having Lovett?s talent does hurt, but Lovett himself may have been a cancer that brought everyone down.

Just observing Lovett, I?m not sure he would?ve made it under this staff. Not sure their style is his style.

Perhaps he?ll mature
    Maybe... but most kids, and I say most, thrive the more they are pushed. He wasn't a cancer last year. He just got led the wrong way by someone. Maybe he wouldn't have made it. But had he stayed, I doubt he would have quit and would have instead flourished. But that Ship has sailed

vCash
    If Arnett is really good, then our defense will be competitive this year. We’ve got an awful lot of 4 stars over there. The Jimmy’s and Joes aren’t that bad
    I'm not going to argue w you it would be a waste of time. But I'll leave this, . our second best cb isn't 160 lbs. and he's gaine more than 10 since he got here. We have zero depth at any position. But let Arnett have it when I'm right. I tried telling everyone last year our d was not going to be good. I was told but rivers, Cole and so and so were Nfl players ( they never were close) we lost them, gay, Autry, Lovett, dantzler and Jones off of a bad defense. But ok we will be fine.

vCash
    I keep getting rave reviews about Arnett. But Jinny's and joes are an issue. Not having Lovett is big.
    He should have seen that. He wanted to be big somewhere else.

I still believe you are better off with ones that want to be here.

vCash
    I'm not going to argue w you it would be a waste of time. But I'll leave this, . our second best cb isn't 160 lbs. and he's gaine more than 10 since he got here. We have zero depth at any position. But let Arnett have it when I'm right. I tried telling everyone last year our d was not going to be good. I was told but rivers, Cole and so and so were Nfl players ( they never were close) we lost them, gay, Autry, Lovett, dantzler and Jones off of a bad defense. But ok we will be fine.
    Calm down dude
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Calm down dude
    The "we gonna be bad on defense" crew is very similar to Coronabros

They don't want to hear other opinions, they don't want to hope, and care more about being right than trying to be optimistic.

It's a disease of arrogance and I'm not saying they're wrong. I just prefer to hope and be optimistic.

vCash
    I just want to clarify my post about schrader. I was not saying he would be the starter or even the 2 just that he was progressing very well under leach and doing well. He's incredibly athletic and does have a very good arm so like I said good problem to have.

vCash

They don't want to hear other opinions, they don't want to hope, and care more about being right than trying to be optimistic.

It's a disease of arrogance and I'm not saying they're wrong. I just prefer to hope and be optimistic.
    Here's the thing though Homedawg is right quite often when it comes to MSU athletics and he's always honest whether it be good or bad. I to am
    an optimist but there's nothing wrong with someone bringing their knowledge Of things whether they be good or bad.

vCash

Don't you want honest opinions?

We are not SEC ready at 1 CB spot and 1 safety spot. We are light on depth across the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here's the thing though Homedawg is right quite often when it comes to MSU athletics and he's always honest whether it be good or bad. I to am
    an optimist but there's nothing wrong with someone bringing their knowledge Of things whether they be good or bad.
    I didn't say he was wrong. Just saying that that group doesn't want an alternative opinions or optimism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Don't you want honest opinions?

We are not SEC ready at 1 CB spot and 1 safety spot. We are light on depth across the board.
    I do want honest opinions but you seemed angry that someone would hope.

vCash
    I didn't say he was wrong. Just saying that that group doesn't want an alternative opinions or optimism
    Naw Its to prepare everyone not to freak out when we give up some points and yards this year. Also, there's a consensus that we have found a great DC and given enough time to develop depth and get a little more talent on certain spots we'll be back to having a nasty defense.

Heck man I'm just glad we're arguing football again and not all that other stuff!

It's good to have it back!

vCash
    My thought is that it can’t be much worse than last year when we didn’t have the suspension players playing but the truth is we don’t have a legit SEC starter everywhere and the depth chart is really thin some places.

Hopefully the scheme itself can cause enough confusion to help some bit. Expectations are just going to have to be realistic though for the squad. Given the tempo of our offense and roster issues, holding anyone to under 25 will be impressive and anything under 30 will be dang good

vCash
    I'm just looking for toughness and effort from the D. We are going to swarm to the ball, that's what you do with defenses with a disadvantage. Timely stops and turnovers will be the biggest stats in our winnable games.

vCash
    The effort definitely seemed to be there. We play hard all year like that, and I will be happy.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    This
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Calm down dude
    What do I need to calm down about??

vCash

No here's the problem, you dipshits want info. I bring what I know and hear. Y'all don't like it some I'm wrong or don't know crap. Fine. Start 8000 threads and beg for info from someone else. It's not like I want to be right it's just what I'm hearing from really really good source. But don't worry I won't worry about it. Figure it out for yourselves. Checking out. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-05-2020 at 09:33 PM.

vCash

You?re quite possibly the single dumbest m?17er posting on any State message board. You type a lot, but you know nothing.

vCash
    Not having Lovett?s talent does hurt, but Lovett himself may have been a cancer that brought everyone down.

Just observing Lovett, I?m not sure he would?ve made it under this staff. Not sure their style is his style.

Perhaps he?ll mature
    Lovett just couldn't shut out the noise. He wasn't a cancer. He's doing well at FSU