Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

vCash

Saturday Scrimmage

Any thoughts or insights?

Tyler Horkheimer tweeted:
    ?Mike Leach says K.J. Costello was impressive today during the scrimmage, and he said Will Rogers did an "admirable job."
    "I thought those two had a good scrimmage."

vCash
    [tweet2]1302343116716994561[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    WR most improved unit. DL is ok need some guys to step up.... D is legit but we need some guys to turn it on...DBs were solid but not great. WR were improved.. OL is the best they have had... QB is solid. No concern.... LB... fast physical. Need to play under control. D intense but need to play more in control.. WR improved... DBs. Better. Need some guys to step up. Better than expected. Did I mention WR impressed....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    WR most improved unit. DL is ok need some guys to step up.... D is legit but we need some guys to turn it on...DBs were solid but not great. WR were improved.. OL is the best they have had... QB is solid. No concern.... LB... fast physical. Need to play under control. D intense but need to play more in control.. WR improved... DBs. Better. Need some guys to step up. Better than expected. Did I mention WR impressed....
    Might be an interesting season after all - assuming the early games by other schools don't cause severe Covid outbreaks. The fans certainly aren't separating for the most part (but the band for Texas State is, and they're staying that way - not bunching up).

vCash
    Anything more specific than this?

vCash
    The defense hasn't been that good. Still learning and short on players. WRs are still inconsistent but will be better than last few years. Watching this SMU/Texas State game, these damn WRs are making some crazy good catches!

vCash
    Leach said KJ suffers from "big arm disease" and the objective is for the WRs to have a chance to run with the ball once they catch it.

Implying KJ needs to put some touch on the ball occasionally so they receivers are not bobbling a hot potato and can get up-field.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-05-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Take this for what it worth but I've heard from a few defensive players that Schrader has looked really good this fall. Arm strength is excellent and has recovered from surgery. Rumor that JoMo S&C program did absolutely nothing to help him rehab his shoulder. Once again take it for what it's worth but it's coming from guys on defense that would know. I think it's gonna be fun interesting season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Take this for what it worth but I've heard from a few defensive players that Schrader has looked really good this fall. Arm strength is excellent and has recovered from surgery. Rumor that JoMo S&C program did absolutely nothing to help him rehab his shoulder. Once again take it for what it's worth but it's coming from guys on defense that would know. I think it's gonna be fun interesting season.
    I wouldn’t doubt this. I think Will is probably ahead mentally more than anything but Schrader has a year to catch up to Will in that regard

vCash
    More than once Ive heard Leach refer to the QB competition as "KJ, Will (long pause searching to recall names) and the other two."
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    More than once Ive heard Leach refer to the QB competition as "KJ, Will (long pause searching to recall names) and the other two."
    Yep

And he did it again today in his press conference. He did not shut the door on the QB competition but the separation gap widened between the top 2 and the others competeting.

vCash
    D is legit?? We getting two different reports. I'll leave it alone. I know I'm gonna get crucified.

vCash
    I'm just hoping that our scheme creates some confusion and turnovers to offset our lack of talent and experience. And that Leach can outscore some people if need be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    D is legit?? We getting two different reports. I'll leave it alone. I know I'm gonna get crucified.
    Yeah defense is a work in progress right now. DC appears to be excellent but we got work to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    We'll see what happens but I've got no problem having 3 really good qbs on the roster, which it appears we have. Good problem to have.

vCash
    Ducking is a man child here and Shavers does somethings

[Tweet2]1302401718538383361[/tweet2]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ducking is a man child here and Shavers does somethings

[Tweet2]1302401718538383361[/tweet2]
    Dang man we're playing harder in scrimmages than we did in games last year. Nice to see.

vCash
    Yeah defense is a work in progress right now. DC appears to be excellent but we got work to do.
    I keep getting rave reviews about Arnett. But Jinny's and joes are an issue. Not having Lovett is big.

vCash
    I keep getting rave reviews about Arnett. But Jinny's and joes are an issue. Not having Lovett is big.
    Yeah I've been hearing the same thing. Players love Arnett and he's sharp and intense. When we get him a little more depth and talent he could be awesome.

vCash
    Not having Lovett’s talent does hurt, but Lovett himself may have been a cancer that brought everyone down.

Just observing Lovett, I’m not sure he would’ve made it under this staff. Not sure their style is his style.

Perhaps he’ll mature