Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Projected 2-deep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    That's not true. 9 wins would be 5-3 in-conference plus all 4 OOC games. I wouldn't call going 5-5 in-conference equivalent to that. I'd say 6 wins is roughly equivalent to 9, 5 wins about equal to 7-8, and 4 wins the same as about 6-7.
    4 wins is like winning 4 SEC games and 3or4 OOC games depending on the opponents of course so yes 4 wins is like 7-8 wins normally. 3 wins would be like winning 6 or 7 and even a 2 win season this year could be equal to a bowl season if you played a bunch of cupcakes in your OOC games.

This year will be unlike any other we have ever known.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    4 wins is like winning 4 SEC games and 3or4 OOC games depending on the opponents of course so yes 4 wins is like 7-8 wins normally. 3 wins would be like winning 6 or 7 and even a 2 win season this year could be equal to a bowl season if you played a bunch of cupcakes in your OOC games.

Really just depends on the draw you get from the additional two teams. If you were good enough that you were likely to go 4-4 in the SEC, and then you got UGA and Vandy added, then 5-5 is about like an 8 win season. If you're Arkansas and you get UGA and FLorida added, then I would say 2-8 is about the equivalent of a 5 win season, maybe a six win season (most teams that go 2-6 in the SEC probably don't sweep OOC, especially with the P5 requirement), and going 4-6 is like an 8 win season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

You normally play 8 SEC games, so winning 4 would be going 4-4. Now we're playing 10, so going 4-6 is not the same. It's more like going 3-5 in-conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Based on comments from the guys at 247 I would not expect many if any at all senior starters to return even with the extra year of eligibility. I would assume they are talking to the players about that option and they don't plan on coming back.
    I would guess it's a little early for them to making that decision. I'm sure some will go and I'm sure some will stay.

I'm just glad to be watching football. Even if we just win 3 it's football and Leach gets a glorified preseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You normally play 8 SEC games, so winning 4 would be going 4-4. Now we're playing 10, so going 4-6 is not the same. It's more like going 3-5 in-conference.
    Wins are what's hard to come by not the number of games. State could play a 13 game SEC schedule and more than 4 or 5 wins would still be hard to do.

That's what I am saying, it's not just the number of games but ones you can win. That's why I say winning 4 would be a really good year. and definitely better than a 6-6 type year.

I still think they win 5 this year. I think Leach has a formula that works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Really just depends on the draw you get from the additional two teams. If you were good enough that you were likely to go 4-4 in the SEC, and then you got UGA and Vandy added, then 5-5 is about like an 8 win season. If you're Arkansas and you get UGA and FLorida added, then I would say 2-8 is about the equivalent of a 5 win season, maybe a six win season (most teams that go 2-6 in the SEC probably don't sweep OOC, especially with the P5 requirement), and going 4-6 is like an 8 win season.
    I agree with everything in this post. That's why I said a 2 win team could make a bowl with cupcakes. It's possible, just not likely.