Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Will Rogers have IT?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Listened to Rosebowl on Bo Bounds this morning, & it just seems like Rogers is light years ahead mentally.

Not saying that Shrader can’t catch up, but when talking about Rogers it’s pertinent to remember that this kid grew up with an air raid coach as a father. The amount of film, intuition, & instincts he likely possesses in this offense isn’t something that can be learned in a year.

We signed a QB that has been preparing to run Leach’s offense since he was about 3 years old.

Not comparing his talent level to the Mannings, but think about how advanced Eli & Peyton’s football knowledge & instincts were compared to every other college QB when they were at TN & OM. In many ways, that’s what he have here as far as football IQ. That type of football IQ is formed through years & years

While Costello is more physically talented, due to theses reasons, it wouldn’t shock me at all if Rogers actually knows & potentially runs the offense more efficiently right now.
    Rogers is a football junkie, GS not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Rogers is a football junkie, GS not so much.
    Should GS switch to WR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Should GS switch to WR?
    Wtf? If Shrader finds himself 3rd string- he needs to fight for the job in the Spring- if he loses the battle- he needs to transfer somewhere that needs a dual threat guy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Should GS switch to WR?
    If Leach tells him to switch to tight end in this offense the writing is on the wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    People are forgetting that Garrett Schrader is still here. We saw a little bit of what a mobile QB could do in this offense with Minshew, and Garrett is stronger and faster than Gardner. If he works hard in the offseason and really takes this season to learn the nuances of the offense we could be hell on wheels next year with him at the helm.
    I agree with what you are saying about Shrader and I do think that he has the potential to succeed in an Air Raid system. And he may very well compete and win the job. But it seems like to me that Rogers has a lot of intangibles that Leach values and if the team responds to Rogers better then I think it's a no brainer that you have to move forward with Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wtf? If Shrader finds himself 3rd string- he needs to fight for the job in the Spring- if he loses the battle- he needs to transfer somewhere that needs a dual threat guy
    Personally I think he ends up back with Joe at Oregon in a couple of years. If I'm not mistaken Joe's offense was what Shrader ran in high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've read a lot about how the veterans are impressed about his leadership abilities.
    Maybe but it is way too early to know. Certainly a good early sign though.

We heard stuff on Dak but we really didn't know until we saw "IT" on display in 2013 egg bowl. It will be another year or two before we can say he has "IT" I think IT is used way too much these days but you may be right on Will.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He's going to be very good and prove many wrong.
    Who said he wasn't good?
    No Signature