Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moscona On Matt Wyatt?s Show

vCash

Matt Moscona On Matt Wyatt?s Show

Matt Moscona, the Baton Rouge sports talk/LSU fanboy, came on Wyatt?s show today and stated on LSU?s opt outs in regards to the MSU game.

?Matt... it just doesn?t matter. LSU is a 20 point favorite and will win that game by 3 TDs?

Unreal disrespect to say it doesn?t matter. Just absolutely looking at helmets.

The LSU media is the worst. These are the same people that ignore a pay for play scheme through a children?s hospital
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-02-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We could easily lose by 3 TD's but saying "it just doesn't matter" is incredibly disingenuous. The opt outs could matter A LOT.

vCash
    Like I said. They have crazy fans and I suspect by the end of this season they will be calling for Coach O head and demanding they hire Brady as HC.

vCash
    They're going to win. I don't think they win by 3 TDs but make no mistake they are still a VERY talented team. Acting like they went from an 8-9 win team to a 3-4 win team without Chase is stupid. They still have loads of talent at the WR position and are still miles better at it than we are. It's like I heard Detillier say, "They're not as good as they were a month ago, but they're still pretty darn good." Now getting back to your original point, it absolutely does matter that they're without Chase so that guy is just as idiotic as some people saying that we're now going to walk in there and curbstomp them. Chase was the best receiver in CFB. He's a definite hole that they're not going to be able to fill. I think they beat us by 10, maybe a late TD to make the score look better for them. But as it stands now their ceiling is probably in that 6-7 win range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We could easily lose by 3 TD's but saying "it just doesn't matter" is incredibly disingenuous. The opt outs could matter A LOT.
    Agree. Saying it doesn’t matter was an absurd response because for every team it matters at some point and to discard it as not mattering at all means you think the helmet wins games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They're going to win. I don't think they win by 3 TDs but make no mistake they are still a VERY talented team. Acting like they went from an 8-9 win team to a 3-4 win team without Chase is stupid. They still have loads of talent at the WR position and are still miles better at it than we are. It's like I heard Detillier say, "They're not as good as they were a month ago, but they're still pretty darn good." Now getting back to your original point, it absolutely does matter that they're without Chase so that guy is just as idiotic as some people saying that we're now going to walk in there and curbstomp them. Chase was the best receiver in CFB. He's a definite hole that they're not going to be able to fill. I think they beat us by 10, maybe a late TD to make the score look better for them. But as it stands now their ceiling is probably in that 6-7 win range.
    Why would they be any better than they were in 2018?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    They'll be about the same. Which will be good enough to beat us by 10-17 pts.....which is exactly what I said. It's not downing our team or hyping them up. Talent is going to win out in the first 2-3 games and they have more talent than us. Plain and simple. If we caught them later on in the year I might feel better about our chances because our offense would've had a few games to figure out what works and see how much they'll have to score to win games. But with it being the first game I don't think it's realistic to think we'll be able to outscheme them with new staff.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 09-02-2020 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    After last year, they assume they'll just steamroll everyone.

They won't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    After last year, they assume they'll just steamroll everyone.

They won't.
    The bitching will be heard in Natchez

We’ve been there. After 2014, it was hard to see how we could lose to some teams, but there’s a fine line and culture matters. The gaps between these teams isn’t as big as many believe.

vCash
    They're as arrogant as any fan base that comes off a natty.

Anyone acting like it's nothing losing probably the most talented WR in the program's history and a lock Top 5 pick in the NFL draft, a starting NT, a contributor at OLB (Brooks would have played for them), along with everything they lost to the draft is just ignorant. Acting like it won't have any impact at all is just dumb as hell. They'll still most likely beat us but I hope they keep that same arrogant mindset. We're gonna play them a hell of a lot closer than they think we will. I'm not calling an upset but I won't be surprised if it winds up anywhere from a FG to 10 points. They've lost a HISTORICAL amount of players from last season to this season. The Corn Dogs ain't winning more than 6-7.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I believe that LSU is still going to beat us, but losing your best offensive player is a blow. That?s on top of losing so much to the draft, graduation, and coaches moving on.

We all know we?re going to have growing pains this year, but I?m starting to get the feeing that LSU feels like they can just show up and sleep walk to a W. They?re going to have a bigger fight than many expect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heydawg View Post
    I?m starting to get the feeing that LSU feels like they can just show up and sleep walk to a W.
    Agree.

I guess scoring 7 TDs in the 1st half vs Oklahoma will make you feel that way. I wouldn’t know the feeling

vCash
    Moscona hates on MSU routinely and more so than most of LSU’s opponents. I do remember him arrogantly and emphatically predicting an LSU win, 2 days before Dak and team won in Tiger Stadium. His reasoning was, quote, “good teams beat bad teams.” That was a good night.

vCash
    That's basically what all LSU fans think about State. And I get it, for most them they've beaten us pretty much every year for most of their lives, especially in Baton Rouge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    That's basically what all LSU fans think about State. And I get it, for most them they've beaten us pretty much every year for most of their lives, especially in Baton Rouge.
    Thanks Jackie!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Are they better than they were in 2017? We beat them badly by 30 points.

Aren't they down to just ONE starter returning from 2019? Sure, every LSU team since 2001 has had talent, but because of the losses and opt outs, this may be the least talented LSU team in many years.

In the past 6 years, with LSU having better talent, we have beaten them twice in the past six years and lost two more by 3 and 2 points. Four out of the last six have been wins or close losses, and 2018 might have been at least a close loss if Moorhead had some sense.

We can beat these guys.

vCash
    I live in south Mississippi and work with a lot of people from Baton Rouge so I was rooting hard for Clemson in the championship game. LSU fans have always thought they were college football royalty but the numbers didn't really bear it out. Last year they caught lightening in a bottle and they can't admit it was just that. O is still not a good coach and they will struggle to always have good enough assistants to make up for his deficiencies. They'll probably beat us but I hope they struggle this year because the arrogance will quickly disappear from a lot of the local LSU "fans".

vCash
    They'll be about the same. Which will be good enough to beat us by 10-17 pts.....which is exactly what I said. It's not downing our team or hyping them up. Talent is going to win out in the first 2-3 games and they have more talent than us. Plain and simple. If we caught them later on in the year I might feel better about our chances because our offense would've had a few games to figure out what works and see how much they'll have to score to win games. But with it being the first game I don't think it's realistic to think we'll be able to outscheme them with new staff.
    I 100% disagree with you on "early in the uear talent wins out"

Its the opposite. Early in the year LSUs coordinators dont have film on us to see where the weaknesses are. Early in the year their talent doesnt have experience.

As the year goes on, each team approaches its potential. At the start of the year, some teams moght be 80% of what they will be at the end, some 50%, etc. Therefore, chaos is more likely to happen early than late

This is why everyone schedules cupcakes week 1 and 2- it gives the coaches a chance to see the obvious weaknesses and fix them before they play a team of comparable talent.

Literally the only reason i think we have any shot is because its game 1, and not game 7

vCash
    Everyone is pumped up preseason. But we aren't going to be a great team. Fact is, we're two years from being good. This year looks like a 4-6 wins at best. LSU ain't one of those.
    But, that game is set up for us. Get several breaks and some LSU mistakes to go with overconfidence and ...well....we can hope.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If Chase was the only person they lost no one would be talking about us having a chance to beat them. They have had 4 starters opt out in the past month and they lost 17 players to the draft last year. They aren’t going to be good. We aren’t really either so they should still win but our growing confidence isn’t because one guy opted out. They can whistle past the graveyard all they want but they are in deep shit this year and won’t win more than 6 games. They will probably be a 5-5 type team if the other 2 opt out.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-02-2020 at 07:15 PM.