Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athletic Article On LSU?s Problems

vCash

Athletic Article On LSU?s Problems

Good stuff here

- locker room is split due to Orgeron?s support of a Trump
    - Players didn?t notify Orgeron of their protest

Article doesn’t offer a ton of details but IMO CFB coaches are in a real pickle right now. Do you stand up for what you believe, if your more right, or do you just give in to prevent from losing your team.

I couldn’t help but cringe the other day when I saw Saban leading the parade because I wasn’t sure if he was doing it for recruiting or because it’s what he truly believed.

[Tweet2]1301186894005370880[/tweet2]
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-02-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If a player is upset because of who their coach supports in a election they should be gone. To like or not like because of someones political beliefs is just plain stupid. Some of my best friends are liberal and I don't care how they think. Who ever choses friends based on that are just plain weak ass *****'s.

vCash
    There's a very good reason employers don't want politics and religion discussed in the work place.

vCash
    The far left/right doesn't believe people should have opinions other than theirs. Kids need to learn, it's not just black or white. Lots of gray area in this world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The far left/right doesn't believe people should have opinions other than theirs. Kids need to learn, it's not just black or white. Lots of gray area in this world.
    This!

vCash
    I'd be very surprised if O supported Trump, O supported the liberal JBE for La governor in the last election. O even had JBE sitting on the row with them at the Heisman ceremony last year.

vCash
    I wonder if there's also a player leadership void going on. We experienced that after Dak left and I wonder if it's happening to them with all the losses they had. Seems like strong leadership would have gone to Orgeron and told him face to face what what going on.

vCash
    Labels like liberal and conservative are outdated. Whether he's liberal or not, Louisiana has a damn good governor in Edwards. E.g., compare him with the clown that the state of Mississippi elected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    I'd be very surprised if O supported Trump, O supported the liberal JBE for La governor in the last election. O even had JBE sitting on the row with them at the Heisman ceremony last year.
    You know, people can actually support candidates from different parties.....

I bet the fast food buffet at the White House just ruined the whole team on Trump ***
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Trump was a Democrat most of his life.

vCash
    in.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    This country won't last long in its current form if we are raising up a generation of young people that can't live in a world where everyone doesn't agree politically. Places where you aren't allowed to have a differing opinion are not places that are desirable to live.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 09-02-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    1984 is looking more and more prophetic

vCash
    That's the problem with all professional sports league right now and it's going to transcend over into college. These kids think if you don't have the same political ideology they have, well then you're wrong and a racists. It's going to be a major problem beginning this season. It's coming. This is going to be one effed up season to begin with and it's going to get worse.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    That's the fear with all of this BLM and other political and social issues entering the sports world. People of varying political beliefs have never had issues teaming together when their political views were left at the locker room door. Now that these athletes are forcing these discussions into the locker room, it has a potential to be a real locker room divide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Trump was a Democrat most of his life.

Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    This country won't last long in its current form if we are raising up a generation of young people that can't live in a world where everyone doesn't agree politically. Places where you aren't allowed to have a differing opinion are not places that are desirable to live.
    Well that's exactly what we're getting. And they're also learning if they are upset about something they can riot and loot and burn buildings down with zero repercussions.

vCash
    Someone help me understand why so many people today have started to reject the foundational American principle of freedom of speech and freedom of conscience? What happened to the free marketplace of ideas, and the concept that the best ideas and truth would ultimately prevail?

If anything will ever ultimately cause the downfall of American democracy, it is this.

vCash
    For everyone saying who cares who your coach supports politically (I agree by the way), lets make sure we feel the same way when players make it known where they stand politically. I fully expect some players to wear messages on their jersey this year. I personally don't care bc I'm good with cheering for players regardless of their political views, but if you do care about players political stances being espoused just prepare yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For everyone saying who cares who your coach supports politically (I agree by the way), lets make sure we feel the same way when players make it known where they stand politically. I fully expect some players to wear messages on their jersey this year. I personally don't care bc I'm good with cheering for players regardless of their political views, but if you do care about players political stances being espoused just prepare yourself.
    The whole issue is not about what or who players or coaches support or don't support politically. Its bringing all of that into a college sponsored team. Players or coaches should not be wearing left wing political patches on their uniforms nor should conservative players or coaches be wearing right wing political patches on their uniforms. Everyone already knows that most of the sports teams they pull for (college or pro) are made up of mostly liberal people because football and basketball teams are majority African-American of which about 90% in this country lean left. That's just statistics. But when you go out on a college field or you practice to prepare to go on the field, you are supposedly representing a university's sports team, not a political movement of either type.