Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts

vCash

Quick Thoughts

Just some quick thoughts on a Monday morning so I didn?t have to make 5 different posts....

- The funniest thing to me about the Big 10?s decision is that for years we thought they were just biased but didn?t really believe their own BS. For years we?ve had to hear how good Michigan, Penn State, etc were, but when we watched them on TV, we realized they kind of sucked. Again, we just thought they were purposefully biased in an effort to promote their brand. However, their cancelation and expectation that others would follow showed us is that they really lacked awareness about where they stood in college football. This entire time they weren?t just biased, they were narcissistic level arrogant & delusional. This not so little wake up call couldn?t have happened to a better group.

- As I?ve said in another thread, I expect our game vs LSU to be a good one. We aren?t facing the defending national champs. We?re facing the helmet that the defending national champs wore. When comparing the two teams MSU is better at QB, OL, & more experienced while still talented at RB. Our defense may get absolutely lit up by LSU, but that would be assuming that Brennan is pretty good & all of LSU?s new players are efficiently running whatever version of the Brady, Linehan, Emsminger scheme they are running. You win in today?s college football by scoring points & putting the other team in predictable play calling due to your ability to score points. If we lose 42-35, I?ll be excited about the direction we?re headed.

- Can we just start every SEC football season on Sep 26th? I?m kind of liking this. Seems like a better season time span from late September to mid December.

- Bo Bounds is saying that Ole Miss is about to be entirely in on Deion Smith. WTF does that mean? I haven?t even heard them really connected with him. Furthermore, if Deion doesn?t go to LSU, I think he?ll sign with the team that throws the ball 50+ times a game.

- To add another quick thought:

During all this SJW stuff, I’ve recognized how acceptable the “F” word has become on twitter by sports personalities & athletes.

While I admit that I slip up sometimes, how casual they use the word in tweets IMO lets me know who’s opinions come from a heart that has God in it vs ones that don’t. The major difference to me between what we are seeing in society currently and the Civil Rights movement is that the Civil Rights movement was headed by Reverends while this movement is headed by people that casually use the F word in tweets like it’s the word THE. IDK, it just really disturbs me.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-31-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    In regulars to Smith and OM
    He is enrolled and playing football at JA and it’s being taking care of by a LSU booster.
    So best of luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    In regulars to Smith and OM
    He is enrolled and playing football at JA and it’s being taking care of by a LSU booster.
    So best of luck
    Can we turn in the LSU booster?

Can we cheat in Louisiana and get away with it?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree o the Sept 26 start. It gives the teams more practice time. It may keep everyone from having a 105 degree week 1-3 games. Also, it extends further into December, which will bring some pretty cold games, which I am in favor of.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I agree o the Sept 26 start. It gives the teams more practice time. It may keep everyone from having a 105 degree week 1-3 games. Also, it extends further into December, which will bring some pretty cold games, which I am in favor of.
    I'd prefer a longer season and more bye weeks. The hot games "suck", but not in comparison to no football. And I don't think you can extend the season much later without interfering with finals, which while some of the athletes are just athletes and not student athletes, there are still plenty of student athletes and I think you have to give them at least a half week before finals start with no football, which may mean you can't even play one week past thanksgiving depending on how the calendar, not sure.

They do need to adjust the tv schedule for the SEC early in the year though. Have just one 11am time slot and a 2 pm time slot. Just accept that you're only going to have one game during those time slots for the first few weeks, so you won't be able to fill up all your espn networks at 11 and 2 during those time slots. Then have the rest of your games spread out across the networks at say the 5, 6, and 7 time slots (or 5, 6:30, and 8:00?). I know TV money is the most important thing, but I think the pandemic has shown that fans matter for tv broadcasts, so the networks don't want the schools to alienate season ticket holders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Can we turn in the LSU booster?

Can we cheat in Louisiana and get away with it?
    Based on everything else happening at LSU the last year or two they could literally murder an entire football team and the NCAA wouldn't do anything about it.

vCash
    I laughed out loud at the thought of them getting in trouble for anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Based on everything else happening at LSU the last year or two they could literally murder an entire football team and the NCAA wouldn't do anything about it.
    This is true.

What’s odd to me though is that we’d turn Ole Miss in for jaywalking while letting Auburn, Bama, A&M, and LSU rob banks in front of our face and never say a word.

I guess I just don’t understand recruiting enough to understand this double standard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'd prefer a longer season and more bye weeks. The hot games "suck", but not in comparison to no football. And I don't think you can extend the season much later without interfering with finals, which while some of the athletes are just athletes and not student athletes, there are still plenty of student athletes and I think you have to give them at least a half week before finals start with no football, which may mean you can't even play one week past thanksgiving depending on how the calendar, not sure.

They do need to adjust the tv schedule for the SEC early in the year though. Have just one 11am time slot and a 2 pm time slot. Just accept that you're only going to have one game during those time slots for the first few weeks, so you won't be able to fill up all your espn networks at 11 and 2 during those time slots. Then have the rest of your games spread out across the networks at say the 5, 6, and 7 time slots (or 5, 6:30, and 8:00?). I know TV money is the most important thing, but I think the pandemic has shown that fans matter for tv broadcasts, so the networks don't want the schools to alienate season ticket holders.
    All good ideas

vCash
    This is true.

What?s odd to me though is that we?d turn Ole Miss in for jaywalking while letting Auburn, Bama, A&M, and LSU rob banks in front of our face and never say a word.

I guess I just don?t understand recruiting enough to understand this double standard
    There were a lot of WE?s involved when it came to all the crap going in under Freeze and company at OM..
    They just want to spin it that it was all MSU...
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 08-31-2020 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    We didn’t turn OM in for all the Freeze stuff.. we just added our info..
    Gotcha. But OM got in trouble for cheating across state lines, but we don’t seem to have an issue with out of state schools cheating in MS. Is that right?

vCash
    Gotcha. But OM got in trouble for cheating across state lines, but we don’t seem to have an issue with out of state schools cheating in MS. Is that right?
    If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying and it’s only cheating if you get caught..

vCash
    If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying and it’s only cheating if you get caught..
    Enough said I guess

vCash
    This is true.

What’s odd to me though is that we’d turn Ole Miss in for jaywalking while letting Auburn, Bama, A&M, and LSU rob banks in front of our face and never say a word.

I guess I just don’t understand recruiting enough to understand this double standard
    It's not hard to understand. "We" turned in Auburn for cheating and the SEC basically responded by putting pressure on the NCAA to clear Auburn and then chastised us. That was for Auburn, who is not LSU, Bama, or Florida and may not even be Georgia.

I don't think we'd have even turned Ole Miss in except they were so freaking sloppy and involved our players. And Ole Miss wouldn't have even gotten in trouble had they not been buying players they had no business getting. They still didn't really get in trouble other than the process they had to go through hurt their recruiting.

vCash
    To add another quick thought:

During all this SJW stuff, I’ve recognized how acceptable the “F” word has become on twitter by sports personalities & athletes.

While I admit that I slip up sometimes, how casual they use the word in tweets IMO lets me know who’s opinions come from a heart that has God in it vs ones that don’t

vCash
    To add another quick thought:

During all this SJW stuff, I?ve recognized how acceptable the ?F? word has become on twitter by sports personalities & athletes.

While I admit that I slip up sometimes, how casual they use the word in tweets IMO lets me know who?s opinions come from a heart that has God in it vs ones that don?t
    Well said, Gun!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well said, Gun!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.
    The F word is a hateful word. I’m all for equality, protests, etc so long as those things come from a Godly heart & spill out love. That’s my biggest problem right now with what I see going on.

Love will always win in this world. ALWAYS and those that don’t use love to advance their agenda will be relegated to losing every time

vCash
    The F word is a hateful word. I’m all for equality, protests, etc so long as those things come from a Godly heart & spill out love. That’s my biggest problem right now with what I see going on.

Love will always win in this world. ALWAYS and those that don’t use love to advance their agenda will be relegated to losing every time
    I'm right there with ya! Agree with everything you just said. The hate and anger I see in this country right now(from extremists on both sides)hurts. I travel in 9 states and interact everyday with scores of people of every race, creed, orientation,etc. and those interactions are 99.9% great, even though we may not agree on everthing. The 2 words that immediately turn me off are the F word and GD. You're not gonna convice me of anything when you start throwing that around and I'm not gonna listen to you anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The 2 words that immediately turn me off are the F word and GD. You're not gonna convice me of anything when you start throwing that around and I'm not gonna listen to you anymore.
    Same here bud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

Back in the old days the men's freshman dorms (Boomarang Smith, Critz, Hightower and can't recall last one name. Sessums, Moore and a couple more)
    were not air conditioned and Scott Field did not have lights so all home game started at 1:00 PM. How did we all survive?