Thread: Mitch Moreland

vCash

Mitch Moreland

Traded to Padres. They're the hot team right now. Since the Cardinals won't win it all because the GM has his head up his ass I hope the Padres win it.

vCash
    Speaking of the cards...yadi got a little karma for his antics during LDS last yr.

vCash
    Gonna miss Mitch in Boston. He was fantastic here. Really hard to understate what he did for that team. Came in on a one-year, zero-expectations contract and turned it into four really productive years. He's got plenty of baseball left in him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Speaking of the cards...yadi got a little karma for his antics during LDS last yr.
    My guy celebrates. The Braves guy celebrates. I have no problem with it either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My guy celebrates. The Braves guy celebrates. I have no problem with it either way.
    You’re guy throat slashes and throws his bat in the vicinity of, or at least at the position, of an opponent. If it had been any other player it would have been a big story. But yadi got a pass...it is what it is.

And if you’d have asked me last September which mlb players did I respect most he would have been close to the top...now he’s near the bottom. But that seems to be par for the course with pro athletes these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    You’re guy throat slashes and throws his bat in the vicinity of, or at least at the position, of an opponent. If it had been any other player it would have been a big story. But yadi got a pass...it is what it is.

And if you’d have asked me last September which mlb players did I respect most he would have been close to the top...now he’s near the bottom. But that seems to be par for the course with pro athletes these days.
    If you don't like it, get him out. And like I said I never had a problem with Acuna celebrating either. But part of celebrating is your going to have to take it when the other team does something good too. It goes both ways. They've been playing that way in the Caribbean for years.

That's how baseball is going these days- look at MacNamee. And I don't have a problem with that either. Emotion is becoming part of the game- or at least an accepted part of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If you don't like it, get him out. And like I said I never had a problem with Acuna celebrating either. But part of celebrating is your going to have to take it when the other team does something good too. It goes both ways. They've been playing that way in the Caribbean for years.

That's how baseball is going these days- look at MacNamee. And I don't have a problem with that either. Emotion is becoming part of the game- or at least an accepted part of it.
    I don’t like the over the top celebrations...but I’m an old school guy. Acuna makes me cringe sometimes with what he does. That being said, again a throat slash and throwing your bat at a player are completely different than celebrating. And something tells me your take would be a little different if it were another player ok another team.

Because of that I did get a good kick out of him looking like a dumbass while he cost his team an opportunity to tie the game the other nite.

vCash
    throat slash.... just pisses me off enough to focus and beat you next time if I am a player. I would be determined in a way that I had never been before but I guess that's why MJ was the best. He kept that chip on his shoulder all the time.

Remember the dog pissing thing on our goal post? I got mad as hell, until the flag got thrown and I went yeah!!! What an idiot. I don't hate him now because it cost them.

To me, it just adds resentment and a hate for the other team which can be good for sport. It gives us a villain to hate. Gotta have those, just ask the WWF.

vCash
    I will add, that if I am his coach... I am not sure I like it. I don't want that target on my back from all the other teams.

But.... some guys thrive on it. Larry Bird was the best shit talker that ever lived. He was always in your face talking shit and trying to get in your head. Worked pretty well for him