Thread: Wow Ja'Marr Chase opting out

vCash

Wow Ja'Marr Chase opting out

Great news

vCash
    Indeed if true!

vCash
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nfl-draft/amp/

Looks to be true. We now have a small chance in Baton Rouge.

vCash
    It’s true.

vCash
    Smart decision in a way. Would be a tough season, limits chance of getting hurt, and he shouldn't drop that much if he continues to train and does well at the combine. Definitely a gamble but using the situation to his advantage in my opinion. Similar to players opting out of bowl games. I could be completely wrong. We'll see. I just don't see him falling outside of the first round especially with some other conferences not playing (as of now)

vCash
    LSU bout to come back to earth like a pallet of bricks dropped outta plane. This is a huge loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    LSU bout to come back to earth like a pallet of bricks dropped outta plane. This is a huge loss
    It allows you to potentially match Emerson with Marshall and then double the other guys
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    LSU has two returning starters on offense. Marshall at wr and their RT.

Five returning starters on defense.

Lost joe Brady and aranda.

Yea I know they still have talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

They'll still be talented, but I'm skeptical that they'll know what they're doing on Sep 26th with no many new players & new coordinators.

vCash
    Doesn't matter. Tigers will ROLL our asses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I agree. They will get their butts handed to them vs the upper sec teams though.

vCash
    Honestly, it would be pretty embarrassing for them to hand our asses to us at this point.

We're facing the defending Natty helmet and that's it. The players we're facing were just riding coat tails.

Not saying we will or should win and I definitely would be fine with a competitive loss, but getting our asses handed to us by the roster they will be playing against us would be a HUGE indictment on our current talent level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

They had as more talent in the two recent MSU wins over them. Of course, we had Dak for one of those.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Honestly, it would be pretty embarrassing for them to hand our asses to us at this point.

We're facing the defending Natty helmet and that's it. The players we're facing were just riding coat tails.

Not saying we will or should win and I definitely would be fine with a competitive loss, but getting our asses handed to us by the roster they will be playing against us would be a HUGE indictment on our current talent level.
    We have a whole new staff. We are breaking in a whole new system. Their 2s are more talented than our ones. So no. Not embarrassing at all. My guess is 35-17
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We have a whole new staff. We are breaking in a whole new system. Their 2s are more talented than our ones. So no. Not embarrassing at all. My guess is 35-17
    ^^^This. People are mistaking me as a "whoa is MSU" guy. Mullen would beat them if he were still here. Leach could beat them if he was established, and it will be a little bit like a Chinese fire drill for us in the first few games.

vCash
    That’s simply not true.

We out talent them at QB, OL, and talented and more experienced at RB.

Agree on the new staff thing, but they kind of have a new staff as well, and while their guys may have more stars in recruiting, we’ve got a lot more experience and age.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think you’re blinded by how good they were at the end of last year and not seeing reality.

This is one of the more talented offenses we’ve ever had and we know the coach is good. What we don’t know is how well our talent fits the scheme or how quickly our talented players have picked up on the scheme.

All this being said, I just think there are real reasons to believe that we can absolutely compete in this game.

Their 2s being better than our ones is a complete shit statement. Maybe at one or two positions but I could counter that Shrader is better than Brennan or that Marks is better than their #2 RB or that Scott Lashley would start for them.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-30-2020 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    ^^^This. People are mistaking me as a "whoa is MSU" guy. Mullen would beat them if he were still here. Leach could beat them if he was established, and it will be a little bit like a Chinese fire drill for us in the first few games.
    I can understand this but there is hope. It’s not a forgone conclusion that we’ll be a Chinese fire drill. It also shouldn’t be a foregone conclusion that all their new players will be able to execute Bo Pelini’s new scheme, which is different than Aranda’s, or Scott Linehan’s

There’s a lot of LSU players that think they are really good because they contributed on special teams and mop up duty for a natty team, but in reality they didn’t have much to do with the natty.

I believe there is a false sense of confidence down there due to how easy it was last year and, if we punch them in the mouth early, they may not know how to respond or press
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-30-2020 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    Are you forgetting the shit ton of talent and coaching they lost? This is going to be closer game than you think. 2020 ain't over yet.

vCash
    I'll say it- that team was carried by Joe Burrow. Very obviously. Their defense wasn't that good last year. I can't really figure out the love fest for Aranda. Our 2018 defense was better than LSU's last year. They're 2010 Auburn with Cam Newton. They're not going to be a dynasty like Alabama has- but they'll be on par with the other SEC bluebloods.

And yes- they'll still kick our ass this year.

vCash
    I think the wild card be qb. Costello is a projected first rounder in some mock drafts. If he truly is that, we don't know what that looks like. Dak is the closest thing we have seen to that. Compare that to the possibility that Brennan is meh, and that could tighten things.

We'll see. In saying 35-27