Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

vCash

Saturday Scrimmage

Does anyone know if we still plan to scrimmage today? If so, what time?

vCash
    Heard there is no scrimmage today. I’m not sure it was ever officially scheduled.

vCash
    I could have sworn Rosie said they were gonna scrimmage today on OOB.

vCash
    Not sure if the players have decided what they are going to do today. Our $5 Million dollar HC needs to make sure the 19-20 year olds are OK with his plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Not sure if the players have decided what they are going to do today. Our $5 Million dollar HC needs to make sure the 19-20 year olds are OK with his plan.
    That is one way to look at it. Kind of dumb though.

Another way to look at it is that this opportunity to develop a bond and show solidarity is a real gift to a coach who usually takes a transition period of 2-3 years to get his culture and system rolling, possibly because he is a quirky guy that takes a little bit to connect with players and sometimes has to wait to recruit his kind of guys.

That day off of practice may save us months or years of culture shaping because it gave he coaches and players a chance to bond over a shared meaningful experience.

That is all good.

I wonder if he is ahead of the typical schedule here. It took until year 4 to elevate above the level he inherited at TT and Wazoo. But there were a lot more transfers and drama in the previous changes, I think. Year 1 or 2 sounds a lot better than year 4 to me.

vCash
    I think originally they weren’t supposed to practice Friday, but because of the demonstration Thursday, they practiced Friday. So I don’t think they really missed a practice. Sounded like a win/win to me.

vCash
    LOL.....and I think you are serious

vCash
    Maybe, but also a decent chance the players know they can do anything they want now just like the SloMo era where there was zero accountability and we sucked.

vCash
    Maybe, but also a decent chance the players know they can do anything they want now just like the SloMo era where there was zero accountability and we sucked.
    I don’t think this is the case.

vCash
    ZedFedder is on point here. I was pissed at first, too. Then I learned what actually happened and the above board way it was handled, with players asking to move the practice to a day where no practice had been scheduled. You don't have to agree with what the players are doing. But we need to get the facts before condemning or condoning (maybe you have?). To do otherwise is little different than many of the rioters/looters/killers: acting on emotions rather than facts.

Leach is a proven leader. Let him lead until that ability is proven otherwise on the field. Thus far, this ended up a win/win.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Leach just had a press conference after today’s practice and he spoke as highly of the offense as possible. Some notes:
    -Receivers and Backs are better than he expected
    -Installation is over and now we are just repping to fine tune the offense
    -KJ is ahead in the qb race and Will/Shrader are battling for qb2
    -defense is work in progress
    -Fred Peters and Martin Emerson are good
    -OL is very athletic and they are working to get the best cohesive unit out there and to have the smallest dropoff Possible with the 2’s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think originally they weren’t supposed to practice Friday, but because of the demonstration Thursday, they practiced Friday. So I don’t think they really missed a practice. Sounded like a win/win to me.
    You are correct.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Leach just had a press conference after today’s practice and he spoke as highly of the offense as possible. Some notes:
    -OL is very athletic and they are working to get the best cohesive unit out there and to have the smallest dropoff Possible with the 2’s.
    Good to hear about Peters. He really came on and played well the last three games of the year. We need Kyle Cass to be good. That's a lot to ask of him I'm afraid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Are we allowed to have wool on a politics board?**

vCash
    Jarius, I really like your notes.

Auburn canceled another practice bc of covid. Really need to hope they get it under control.

vCash
    I like that Leach ended the media session with "Drink more Coke".

This is going to be hilarious if nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    LOL.....and I think you are serious
    Dead serious. Give me a a disciplinarian coach with a track record of massively outperforming his talent and pair him with a bunch of underdogs with a chip on their shoulder and then add common cause and a common enemy, and I will roll the dice on that 10 times out of 10.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    That is one way to look at it. Kind of dumb though.

Another way to look at it is that this opportunity to develop a bond and show solidarity is a real gift to a coach who usually takes a transition period of 2-3 years to get his culture and system rolling, possibly because he is a quirky guy that takes a little bit to connect with players and sometimes has to wait to recruit his kind of guys.

That day off of practice may save us months or years of culture shaping because it gave he coaches and players a chance to bond over a shared meaningful experience.

That is all good.

I wonder if he is ahead of the typical schedule here. It took until year 4 to elevate above the level he inherited at TT and Wazoo. But there were a lot more transfers and drama in the previous changes, I think. Year 1 or 2 sounds a lot better than year 4 to me.
    Not to mention, this was the first opportunity to earn back some cred after the covid tweet.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Are we allowed to have wool on a politics board?**
    Still the best my man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Dead serious. Give me a a disciplinarian coach with a track record of massively outperforming his talent and pair him with a bunch of underdogs with a chip on their shoulder and then add common cause and a common enemy, and I will roll the dice on that 10 times out of 10.
    Jackie Sherrill had the same reputation. We saw how that turned out.

Now we get to see it with the modern MSU football team.