Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the insiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    not to mention that he was being arrested for raping a 13 year old and had threatened his wife. I am amazed that this is who players are supporting, amazed!
    That's not true. It wasn't a teen. It was his wife or gf. He sexually assaulted her and beat her up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't care if they protest. I started to protest over JoMo last year myself.
    I thought we did protest him last year, lol!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    You all might as well jump off the wagon now because we are never going to have football players here that agree with you on these issues
    If that happened there would be no wagon for athletes to ride on and they completely lose their “voice” because a large portion of people that pay for their “voice” would disappear along with their money. There is a happy medium where people will accept athletes having a different opinion than they have without it being crammed down their throat. They are rapidly approaching “I’m gonna spend my time And money elsewhere” territory with their current strategy. I feel bad for the players on our team that were forced to go along with this charade for fear of being ostracized by their teammates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjoedawg View Post
    Here's the real point.....no one is saying we all have to agree...players, coaches, fans will always disagree on many things.... What the players are doing is not the best way they can make their points about racial issues. I certainly hope they are able to sort through all of the killings that are going on all over the country and realize that there is a much larger issue than just police vs minorities.

I keep reminding myself at age 80, these are young adults...highly emotional...with little experience in living, or making mature judgments regarding the most effective way to make needed changes.
    What is the best way to do it? I really am curious as to what you would suggest. Certainly shutting up and playing does nothing more than keep business going as usual. It keeps the majority of the fans, who have never had to worry about the matter at hand, in their comfort zone. If this kind of protest pushes you further away, you're never going to meet eye to eye anyway.

Edit: I realize the Blake case will be used to discount today's protest in particular, but this whole movement is clearly bigger than just this one instance at this point.
    Last edited by chef dixon; 08-27-2020 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    Where to begin? New coaches, third group in just over three Years, completely missed 'spring', totally new systems.. both offense and defense. Media and coaches pick them next to last just ahead of hogs. Behind from the start ... and then you boycott!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Players are using their leverage to do these type of things. Until fans stop paying to watch them play or watching them on TV it won?t do anything but get worse. I will be calling in the morning to opt out of my tickets that I originally opted in for. I don?t know if I will be allowed to do that or not. It?s already going to be a subpar game day experience and I can use that money elsewhere. If things continue down this road I will eventually completely stop watching sports. I?ve already stopped watching the nba and MLB. It?s tougher with football because it?s my favorite sport but I won?t continue to cheer for people who embarrass me. I don?t imagine anyone will really care but it doesn?t mean I have to continue to put up with it.
    Bye

vCash
    That's not true. It wasn't a teen. It was his wife or gf. He sexually assaulted her and beat her up.
    well that makes it ok then, it was only rape of an adult. He's a fine fellow

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    What is the best way to do it? I really am curious as to what you would suggest. Certainly shutting up and playing does nothing more than keep business going as usual. It keeps the majority of the fans, who have never had to worry about the matter at hand, in their comfort zone. If this kind of protest pushes you further away, you're never going to meet eye to eye anyway.

Edit: I realize the Blake case will be used to discount today's protest in particular, but this whole movement is clearly bigger than just this one instance at this point.

The best way to go about doing it? Well that depends on what the end goal is. If it is to completely ruin the sport and “way out” for future generations, forcing this down people’s throats and calling everyone who Disagrees with it a racist is a way to go. We were just off for 6 months and had nothing but BLM and corona shoved down our throat and now with a condensed fall camp after no spring ball we are skipping practice days to protest a rapist arrest resisting criminal who was reaching in a car full of kids for something cops Could not see. This is really happening with a football team in the SEC. If you can’t see how this is outlandish to a large portion of the fanbase then I just can’t help you.

The violence in cities post protest are exponentially worse now than they were prior. It forces police to not be able to do their job correctly, which is exactly what criminals want. So if more violence is what the end goal is, I guess this is also the way to go about it. I can’t tell you what the correct answer is because I don’t know what is most important to these kids. If they don’t want their sport to turn into a club sport that no one watches, they had better change something though. This path is 100% non sustainable for a large portion of their audience.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-27-2020 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    This is why I no longer watch pro sports. They do not apply their outrage evenly across the spectrum. It is only applies to blacks that are killed and not whites or any other color. It is all a bad thing, people being killed by police, but some people do put themselves in harms way by resisting arrest or pulling a weapon on the police. These athletes do not seem to care about that, it is a sound bite world and they are playing to its fullest.

I will not watch pro-sports until this crap is over! If college level start this, I will not watch them either - sad to say!
    Unfortunately, the movement going on is just going to make things worse, not better. Seems to me you've got a BLM movement basically sending the message to a lot of young Blacks to have disdain for police and to have no respect for their authority which leads to things like resisting arrest or pulling a weapon on a policeman. Then you have police officers that are feeling isolated and jumpy out of fear that a black assailant may be ready to try to do him in at any confrontation or encounter. All that does is lead to an itchy trigger finger if there is even the slightest hint that a perp is doing something or THOUGHT to be doing something threatening. Its just a powder keg situation that looks to only get worse. The only Blacks that seem to have real problems with police that I see are ones out breaking the law. And not making excuses for police brutality, but if you don't want them to act with force then just comply with what they ask you to do.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 08-27-2020 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    I?m to the point I feel like half of these athletes , pro and amateur, hate me for the color of my skin and want to see my personal down fall in some way for not agreeing with them. I can?t and won?t get behind that. Let the chips fall where they may. Too many of my forefathers fought for the American ideal. Lawlessness based on lies is the devils work , that?s how I was raised. F em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    well that makes it ok then, it was only rape of an adult. He's a fine fellow
    Never said that. Just pointing out an inaccuracy that I also used before reading more.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's the thing ALL athletes need to remember. No matter what sport or what team. If they choose not to play these sports leagues will find people that will play because they are out there and will be very happy for the opportunity. And yes, fans will cheer those players because we cheer for the name on the front not the back.

Just typical athlete arrogance. I watch to see the CARDINALS or the BULLDOGS play. I don't watch sports to watch this specific player. Now I certainly have players I like to watch but when Albert Pujols left the Cardinals I didn't become an Angels fan. I still pull for the Cardinals.

Hell, I'm glad Dexter Fowler sat out last night because the guy that replaced him got the key hit to tie the game and debatably should be playing over him anyway.

And another thing- if they REALLY thought that protesting was going to eliminate all of the world's problems- they need to get a dose of reality. Because right or wrong there are good and bad people out there and people do the wrong things sometimes. And no amount of looting is going to EVER stop that. All you can do is control yourself and do as much right as you can.

\rant over
    True, no one player or group of players are bigger than the team, program or University. Next man up. I'm a Bulldog for life but my support for some of the things happening in sports has and will continue to cause my support to dwindle. Anyone can sit for whatever reason they want but the next one up that has the grit to step up and play, I'll cheer him on.

vCash
    ?I?m to the point I feel like half of these athletes , pro and amateur, hate me for the color of my skin and want to see my personal down fall in some way for not agreeing with them. I can?t and won?t get behind that. Let the chips fall where they may. Too many of my forefathers fought for the American ideal. Lawlessness based on lies is the devils work , that?s how I was raised. F em?

More people are waking up to that point. 2020 has only accelerated it.

vCash
    I'm all for our guys standing up for social justice and for what's right. I fully support that.

However, what happened in Wisconsin a few days ago doesn't fit that bill. The guy (with a warrant for his arrest) resisted arrest, resisted the taser, resisted multiple opportunities to comply with the officers, and then reached his arm for a knife in his car. When you scream "systemic racism" for every situation involving African Americans and police officers, it starts to lose its effectiveness and takes away from situations that actually warrant it (ie. George Floyd). Again, I fully support our team for standing together. But if they're standing for this guy in Wisconsin, then they're completely misunderstanding the point.

Also, just bc our football team stands for something, doesn't make you a bad person for disagreeing with it. A lot of fans just go with whatever they say just because they're football players for MSU.

vCash
    Never said that. Just pointing out an inaccuracy that I also used before reading more.
    I was being sarcastic, sorry that I forgot to include the sarcasterics.
    For the life of me, in looking at the recent police incidents I haven't found one yet that is an exemplary citizen worthy of praise and emulation. All have been involved in significant crimes and or resisting arrest.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    I?m to the point I feel like half of these athletes , pro and amateur, hate me for the color of my skin and want to see my personal down fall in some way for not agreeing with them. I can?t and won?t get bhind that. Let the chips fall where they may. Too many of my forefathers fought for the American ideal. Lawlessness based on lies is the devils work , that?s how I was raised. F em
    True. Look the kneeling is not about social justice. Kneeling is about hating what they think America stands for. Kap said so himself. Yes some kneel for real reasons but they never think about really why, why during anthem? American has and stands for the greatest ideals of any country in world history. Is America perfect, no and it never will be.

Kneeling has not and will not do one thing to solve any wrongs in this world. Everyone has injustices done to them and the facts of the data don't say what they say it says. I guess we can all protest each other to death. So folks will protest the protest and what good does it do?

Folks everywhere need to focus on their own shortomings, look at the log in your own eye not the spec in others. Anyone ever ask why the police are in some of these areas? Not because the want to be, they get called. Why? The evil hearts of men of every creed. Lawlessness gets met with the law and bad things happen. Want to end this, stop the lawlessness. It is that easy.

The only two times they have come near my home was when crime and lawlessness occured against me and my family. When I was encountered by police in a tense situation, I obeyed the law and nothing happened.

vCash
    It's abundantly clear that MSU has a ton of closed-minded fans. It is what it is. The world is changing, and it will leave you in the dust. So will MSU. Don't be left behind.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    It's abundantly clear that MSU has a ton of closed-minded fans. It is what it is. The world is changing, and it will leave you in the dust. So will MSU. Don't be left behind.
    The world is changing. Ratings for people And companies who are close minded and don’t look at statistics and logic like yourself are facing extremely challenging times. You are the problem to the majority of the country, not me.....the numbers of the “go woke go broke” crowd are loud and clear. You don’t speak for the majority.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I got news for you, we are all going to be dust and on that day I want to stand on the right side of life issues not the wrong side. There is a right and wrong. The Bible does say the way to destruction is wide and many find it. I take that as a compliment is you say I am in the minority. You better give it some thought. Forever is a long, long time if you are wrong.

vCash
    Things aren?t changing. What?s going on now has been happening for thousands of years. It repeats itself over and over with the same result