Thread: KT doesn't come out as the winner of QB comp at UVA

vCash

KT doesn't come out as the winner of QB comp at UVA

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Wow. Not what I expected at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Same.

vCash
    Most are against this, but KT should've changed positions

Banned
    vCash
    Just because a player enters the portal and transfers doesn?t automatically make them a good player. KT played 2 adequate games that both happened to result in wins and folks made him out to be much better than his stats actually showed.

vCash
    I'm not surprised at all. I'm sure KT is a good kid, and he did win a big game for us a Freshman. But, nothing in the limited amount of passing we've seen from him said to me that he was as good as a lot of posters have wanted him to be.
    Yes, he won in HS and had flashy numbers - but so do most QB's coming to P5 programs. Most of them do not pan out.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I never thought he'd win that job. KT that is.

vCash
    KT just isn't a very good QB. Just like Nick Fitzgerald wasn't a very good QB, and Chris Relf wasn't a very good QB, and Tim Tebow wasn't a very good QB. Dan Mullen has the ability to mask his QBs weaknesses better than almost any coach in the country. Hell even Dak in 2013 and 14 wasn't a very good QB. The difference is that he took his game to a level no one thought he could in 2015.

IMO, KT should've stayed and tried to play WR. He's a great athlete, but his future was never at the QB position under anyone other than Dan Mullen.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 08-27-2020 at 10:56 AM.

vCash
    anything can change during the season ... I'm pulling hard for the guy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I never thought he'd win that job. KT that is.
    He transferred to one of the least talented QB rooms in P5. I'm curious, who did you think was going to win the job?

vCash
    But but but.... he should have been the starter here over Fitzgerald.....

Some people just don’t know football

vCash
    Unless you are running the triple option a QB must be able to complete passes. Even then you have to be able to take advantage of passing opportunities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    He transferred to one of the least talented QB rooms in P5. I'm curious, who did you think was going to win the job?
    Kt isn't a power 5 starting qb. Period. So whoever else is there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    KT just isn't a very good QB. Just like Nick Fitzgerald wasn't a very good QB, and Chris Relf wasn't a very good QB, and Tim Tebow wasn't a very good QB. Dan Mullen has the ability to mask his QBs weaknesses better than almost any coach in the country. Hell even Dak in 2013 and 14 wasn't a very good QB. The difference is that he took his game to a level no one thought he could in 2015.

IMO, KT should've stayed and tried to play WR. He's a great athlete, but his future was never at the QB position under anyone other than Dan Mullen.
    I think this is the correct take.

Dan has an unbelievable ability to take guys who never sniff an NFL practice squad and turn them into serviceable college starters. Not every college can do that. It takes a lot of patience, but it takes even more scheme.

vCash
    I think he would’ve been really good with Mullen. But, this goes to show that he wasn’t as good as many thought. Including myself.

vCash
    Guy had the strangest religious following here I've ever seen. Liek yeah, had Mullen stayed KT probably would have turned out better than Fitz did. Fitz was mentally slow and couldnt' hit the broad side of a barn either. KT had a higher ceiling.

But guess what? Mullen left. KT never showed the slightest sign of improvement, or the ability to mentally understand the Moorhead O. Yet people here kept citing his HS W-L record as proof the guy is a "winner", kept saying he has that "it" factor. Then he goes to UVA and a 2nd coaching staff says he sucks. Maybe he just sucks....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Guy had the strangest religious following here I've ever seen. Liek yeah, had Mullen stayed KT probably would have turned out better than Fitz did. Fitz was mentally slow and couldnt' hit the broad side of a barn either. KT had a higher ceiling.

But guess what? Mullen left. KT never showed the slightest sign of improvement, or the ability to mentally understand the Moorhead O. Yet people here kept citing his HS W-L record as proof the guy is a "winner", kept saying he has that "it" factor. Then he goes to UVA and a 2nd coaching staff says he sucks. Maybe he just sucks....
    Maybe not necessarily here, but some of the GPers think he walks on water. I've never really gotten it. If you go back and watch that Gator Bowl our defense won that game and the SFA game he was bad. 13-31 against an FCS team isn't a stat line to brag about but some thought that meant he was a Heisman candidate. The moment I knew KT wasn't going to be able to get it done was the A&M game in 18. He gets in for 3 plays and looked like a deer in the headlights every play. His best contribution was a targeting call that got us a new set of downs and Fitz hit Guidry on the drag a few plays later.

Again, I don't think KT is a bad player because he's a hell of an athlete. I just think without a coach that knows how to mask weaknesses he's not a very good QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

Technically in a way after Moorhead left Leach could have chosen to keep him as well and we all know that didn't happen. So that's another respected football mind right there.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Maybe not necessarily here, but some of the GPers think he walks on water. I've never really gotten it. If you go back and watch that Gator Bowl our defense won that game and the SFA game he was bad. 13-31 against an FCS team isn't a stat line to brag about but some thought that meant he was a Heisman candidate. The moment I knew KT wasn't going to be able to get it done was the A&M game in 18. He gets in for 3 plays and looked like a deer in the headlights every play. His best contribution was a targeting call that got us a new set of downs and Fitz hit Guidry on the drag a few plays later.

Again, I don't think KT is a bad player because he's a hell of an athlete. I just think without a coach that knows how to mask weaknesses he's not a very good QB.
    I agree. I knew it was a completely lost cause when I posted videos comparing Stevens to KT and honestly it's not even close- Stevens was WAY better. Even when he was hurt.

They have this made up BS narrative that they refuse to give up even after Paul Jones, Robbie, and Rosebowl all corrected them about Stevens just being "given" the job over KT.

I was surprised when KT went to Virginia just because of the QB situation there. He really fits in somewhere like Tulane to be honest with you- no idea why he didn't go there where he probably would have won the job and gotten a degree at least the equivalent of Virginia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Technically in a way after Moorhead left Leach could have chosen to keep him as well and we all know that didn't happen. So that's another respected football mind right there.

I agree. I knew it was a completely lost cause when I posted videos comparing Stevens to KT and honestly it's not even close- Stevens was WAY better. Even when he was hurt.

They have this made up BS narrative that they refuse to give up even after Paul Jones, Robbie, and Rosebowl all corrected them about Stevens just being "given" the job over KT.

I was surprised when KT went to Virginia just because of the QB situation there. He really fits in somewhere like Tulane to be honest with you- no idea why he didn't go there where he probably would have won the job and gotten a degree at least the equivalent of Virginia.
    WELL...we tried KT at WR in the Outback Bowl and he dropped a very catchable pass. So, that was that..

vCash
    Mullen leaving really hurt KT. He would?ve made him an in between Prescott and Fitz. Moorhead had no idea what to do with KT. Then again, Moorhead only knows what to do with rare talents like Barkley and that?s just stay hands off and hope for a non playoff bowl game that gets to 9 or 10 wins.