Thread: OM related : ELI JOHNSON transferring now???

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash

OM related : ELI JOHNSON transferring now???

What is going on with this?
    He announced he was sitting out due to the virus, and a week later is announcing his intentions to transfer and has hit the portal.
    Was he told he wouldn't have a spot next season? Hmmmm
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    What is going on with this?
    He announced he was sitting out due to the virus, and a week later is announcing his intentions to transfer and has hit the portal.
    Was he told he wouldn't have a spot next season? Hmmmm
    He was a big time recruit IIRC. With his dad running the olemiss scout/247 and being a big time rebel they knew he was theirs. Maybe he wasn't "gettin his" like the other guys that are definitely "gettin theirs".

vCash
    I don't think OM would be stupid enough to tell a starter "if you want to be a ***** and sit out, good luck getting playing time next year". At least not when they don't have a 5* they expect to replace him.

I also can't imagine Marcus Johnson (his Ol coach) pissing any OL off, dude is super nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I don't think OM would be stupid enough to tell a starter "if you want to be a ***** and sit out, good luck getting playing time next year". At least not when they don't have a 5* they expect to replace him.

I also can't imagine Marcus Johnson (his Ol coach) pissing any OL off, dude is super nice
    Johnson is at Mizz not OM. He played at OM but he was hired at MIZZ

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It never made sense for someone to opt out for covid reasons and then say he wanted to stay around the team. It sounds as if he got passed on the depth chart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Johnson is at Mizz not OM. He played at OM but he was hired at MIZZ
    ah my bad, I thought kiffin brought him back

vCash
    Maybe he was never very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    He was one of the higher rated Cs in the conference last year... and it's not like OM's OL recruiting is so good they'd want a veteran to leave

vCash
    Where is he transferring to? Reading between the lines it sounds like he wants a grad degree and that Ole Miss is about to start a youth movement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    He has had a lot of injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Where is he transferring to? Reading between the lines it sounds like he wants a grad degree and that Ole Miss is about to start a youth movement.
    He can get a grad degree at OM- he's a RSr this year, BUT this year doesn't count so that's 2 years to get a grad degree. Are his grades so bad he can't get into OM's grad programs?

Moreover, "youth movement" or not, no team wants to lose a guy who started 12 games last year and allowed just 1 sack. Who is it that's overtaking him? Bryce Ramsey? I just don't see it.

maybe that's all it is, but something smells to me

vCash
    Eli is a Honor student.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    This is very strange no matter how 24/7 spins it...

vCash
    This dude grew up wanting to do nothing but play for Ole Miss. Strange indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    He can get a grad degree at OM- he's a RSr this year, BUT this year doesn't count so that's 2 years to get a grad degree. Are his grades so bad he can't get into OM's grad programs?

Moreover, "youth movement" or not, no team wants to lose a guy who started 12 games last year and allowed just 1 sack. Who is it that's overtaking him? Bryce Ramsey? I just don't see it.

maybe that's all it is, but something smells to me
    I'm curious to see where he ends up. Especially if it's Liberty.