Quote Originally Posted by SandlotDawg View Post
Unfortunately I’m sure a lot of people will base their views off of the fruit of men like this.
Sadly that's more on the individual person themselves. A lose of people lose sight of the fact that it's Jesus that they need to follow and realize that all of these people are sinners themselves and are going to fail. Shoot even the 12 disciples Judas sold Jesus out and Peter denied Jesus. Paul killed Christians and Moses committed murder himself. King David committed adultery and murder. Only Jesus was perfect.

Not excusing anyone's actions at all- adultery is clearly a sin. But ministers are not Jesus. And they will be judged for their sins just like I will be one day.

I do wonder why so many ministers commit adultery? Two very prominent people that were a one time interim minister in my church and the other being a worship leader were caught committing adultery and then you have stuff like this that happens.

Personally my biggest issue with Freeze was how he clearly took the Bible out of context and basically turned it into "I'm a better Christian than you and that's why we landed this recruit and won the football game." Even worse was he said it while being openly involved in the recruiting scandals going on up there which was very well known at the time even before he got caught with the hooker. You can certainly be a Christian and be a football coach but if you're going to do that you better follow the Mark Richt/Dabo Swinney model.