Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Falwell Jr...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SandlotDawg View Post
    Unfortunately I’m sure a lot of people will base their views off of the fruit of men like this.
    Sadly that's more on the individual person themselves. A lose of people lose sight of the fact that it's Jesus that they need to follow and realize that all of these people are sinners themselves and are going to fail. Shoot even the 12 disciples Judas sold Jesus out and Peter denied Jesus. Paul killed Christians and Moses committed murder himself. King David committed adultery and murder. Only Jesus was perfect.

Not excusing anyone's actions at all- adultery is clearly a sin. But ministers are not Jesus. And they will be judged for their sins just like I will be one day.

I do wonder why so many ministers commit adultery? Two very prominent people that were a one time interim minister in my church and the other being a worship leader were caught committing adultery and then you have stuff like this that happens.

Personally my biggest issue with Freeze was how he clearly took the Bible out of context and basically turned it into "I'm a better Christian than you and that's why we landed this recruit and won the football game." Even worse was he said it while being openly involved in the recruiting scandals going on up there which was very well known at the time even before he got caught with the hooker. You can certainly be a Christian and be a football coach but if you're going to do that you better follow the Mark Richt/Dabo Swinney model.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Sadly that's more on the individual person themselves. A lose of people lose sight of the fact that it's Jesus that they need to follow and realize that all of these people are sinners themselves and are going to fail. Shoot even the 12 disciples Judas sold Jesus out and Peter denied Jesus. Paul killed Christians and Moses committed murder himself. King David committed adultery and murder. Only Jesus was perfect.

Not excusing anyone's actions at all- adultery is clearly a sin. But ministers are not Jesus. And they will be judged for their sins just like I will be one day.

I do wonder why so many ministers commit adultery? Two very prominent people that were a one time interim minister in my church and the other being a worship leader were caught committing adultery and then you have stuff like this that happens.

Personally my biggest issue with Freeze was how he clearly took the Bible out of context and basically turned it into "I'm a better Christian than you and that's why we landed this recruit and won the football game." Even worse was he said it while being openly involved in the recruiting scandals going on up there which was very well known at the time even before he got caught with the hooker. You can certainly be a Christian and be a football coach but if you're going to do that you better follow the Mark Richt/Dabo Swinney model.
    Probably because the opportunity is there. I'm sure they counsel women regularly over marital issues, they're empathetic by nature, and they can get caught up in things before they know it. They're only human.

vCash
    So many of y'all are acting surprised over this. Meanwhile I live in the state of Robert Bently Basically an above average MILF hooking up with Mr Burns from the Simpsons is expected here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    So many of y'all are acting surprised over this.
    Not I, sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Probably because the opportunity is there. I'm sure they counsel women regularly over marital issues, they're empathetic by nature, and they can get caught up in things before they know it. They're only human.
    Good response. I think it's maybe opportunity and maybe the fact that they think that they can get away with it sometimes.

vCash
    The plot thickens.

Apparently Jr. tendered his resignation, then hours later withdrew it, vexing the Liberty admin. Let us also not forget that this is the same guy who threw his wife under the bus last week for her "affair"....

Holy hell, what a shit show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...ty-university/

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SandlotDawg View Post
    Unfortunately I?m sure a lot of people will base their views off of the fruit of men like this.
    Well men usually let you down once a bunch hold them up as something important.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The P is still undefeated.
    Downvotes_Hype

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Wow. I’m shocked by some of the responses in this thread. All there is to say is I’m so thankful for Grace! We are all a part of fallen humanity. Because God loved us, he made a way for us to spend an eternity with him inspite of our flaws and our failures. I’m thankful today that’s it’s not about me, but it’s all about HIM!!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The P is still undefeated.
    Yeah. But usually you're not watching some other guy with your wife.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Dang lol...........50% of all preachers are hypocrites and the other 50% are even worse.
    That's not true, 99.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Wow. I’m shocked by some of the responses in this thread. All there is to say is I’m so thankful for Grace! We are all a part of fallen humanity. Because God loved us, he made a way for us to spend an eternity with him inspite of our flaws and our failures. I’m thankful today that’s it’s not about me, but it’s all about HIM!!
    Amen.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    May be your best response, exact and to the point.

vCash
    It?s about un-checked hypocrisy and people (not you, preacher matt) who continue to use the term grace as a vehicle to enable and excuse the hypocrisy. We saw it with Hugh Freeze and now we are witnessing the exact dynamic with Falwell. Falwell does not hesitate to judge the gay and lesbian community, but when it is learned that he enjoys watching some dude bang his wife, we are not supposed to judge him?
    The preacher looked so baffled when I asked him why he dressed with twenty pounds of headlines stapled to his chest. Then he cursed me when I proved to him see not even you can hide. Hey, you are just like me I hope you?re satisfied.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 08-25-2020 at 08:08 AM.

vCash
    I bet if this thread was about Louis Farrakhan it would have been locked.

vCash
    If it was learned that Louis Farrakhan was watching some dude bang his wife, and liking it, I bet not.

vCash
    Wow. I?m shocked by some of the responses in this thread. All there is to say is I?m so thankful for Grace! We are all a part of fallen humanity. Because God loved us, he made a way for us to spend an eternity with him inspite of our flaws and our failures. I?m thankful today that?s it?s not about me, but it?s all about HIM!!
    Amen brother! Glad to see you commenting on here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    If it was learned that Louis Farrakhan was watching some dude bang his wife, and liking it, I bet not.
    I don't have any problem believing Falwell is a horrible person, but I'm not sure I'm ready to just believe he's got a cuckold fetish based on the allegations of somebody who is himself accused of blackmail. If you notice, the Reuters article just repeats Granda's characterization of the texts and emails, so the texts and emails must at least be ambiguous as to whether they indicate Falwell was in on it or not.

If I had to bet, I'd probably bet on it being true because it would be weird for them to go into business with him rather than just pay him hush money; on the other hand, it's a lot less complicated tax wise to give him some sweat equity than it is to just cut checks. I wouldn't have a lot of confidence either way at this point. Only thing that seems clear is that his wife sucks and is a ho, either with or without his consent.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    This is pretty common around Madison **. But for real, as humiliating as it is for someone's sex preferences to get out, I don't understand the shaming and calling him a sex devil. Different strokes for different folks. If he likes to watch his wife get plowed, that's his business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I bet if this thread was about Louis Farrakhan it would have been locked.
    Or the Reverend Al Sharpton. I guess the excuse for this thread sitting up is it has an extremely loose, stretched thin, application to a prior TSUN coach.