Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I?m Getting Good Vibes About Our Program and Leach

vCash

I?m Getting Good Vibes About Our Program and Leach

Hey... who knows what?ll happen when we get blown out at least once this year, but in reading through the player?s quotes and tweets tonight, here are a few observations.

1. The sense of entitlement appears to be gone. We?ve got a new culture. Real generals with real standards tend to fix those things quickly

2. The players respect Leach. You can tell they know what he does works and they appreciate him being their coach.

3. Things are much more fast paced at practice. Many more reps

4. They are having fun. Players like to be coached hard and being successful. There is a mountain of video that shows the success of Leach when things are executed and the players realize that.

Anybody else feeling the same or have anything to add?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I’m optimistic. Leach is the right kind of unique to make it work in Starkville. I think it will take a couple seasons to get rolling but if he can do what he wants to do AND we maintain quality defensive talent then we have a chance to take the next step.

vCash
    I think Leach is Jackie 2.0 but will likely have more overall success due to the current status of our program and the P5 than Jackie did.

We may very well have more WTF losses under Leach than we did under Dan- like Jackie. But I also think we will end up having better success against better teams than we did under Dan as well.

Also- reading about Joe Judge with the Giants. I think we may have dodged a bullet. He sounds like he is handling things like Croom did here. Then again he may just fit in better in college. Time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’m optimistic. Leach is the right kind of unique to make it work in Starkville. I think it will take a couple seasons to get rolling but if he can do what he wants to do AND we maintain quality defensive talent then we have a chance to take the next step.
    He has won everywhere he has been.

vCash
    I agree.... It's easy to get wooly knowing we have a proven HC instead of an experiment with a coordinator .... the trick will be for us to temper our expectations in his first year or two and give him some room to orchestrate
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I agree.... It's easy to get wooly knowing we have a proven HC instead of an experiment with a coordinator .... the trick will be for us to temper our expectations in his first year or two and give him some room to orchestrate
    And he brought most of his staff with him - so they know each other, know the routine, and understand the expectations. That is a big deal too. Helps the overall learning curve.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And he brought most of his staff with him - so they know each other, know the routine, and understand the expectations. That is a big deal too. Helps the overall learning curve.
    Yep. Beats the hell outta your new coaches telling you your offense isn't gonna work in the SEC after you've explained it to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep. Beats the hell outta your new coaches telling you your offense isn't gonna work in the SEC after you've explained it to them.
    Did that really happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Did that really happen?
    Wasn't Hudspeth in Moorhead's first coaching staff? I wonder if he said something to Joe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Leach is Jackie 2.0 but will likely have more overall success due to the current status of our program and the P5 than Jackie did.

We may very well have more WTF losses under Leach than we did under Dan- like Jackie. But I also think we will end up having better success against better teams than we did under Dan as well.

Also- reading about Joe Judge with the Giants. I think we may have dodged a bullet. He sounds like he is handling things like Croom did here. Then again he may just fit in better in college. Time will tell.
    It is still mind blowing to me that after hiring Moorhead, Cohen was going to hire somebody with no coordinator experience and essentially no college experience to be head coach. Judge may end up being great, but Cohen had no business making that call. We just couldn't afford that risky of a hire after two years of Moorhead.

vCash
    Did that really happen?
    Rumors. Take it with a grain of salt. But those coaches jumping ship after the first year should have been a red flag on fire. Also heard Joey Jones told Joe to his face his offense was "horse shit". Again, take it with a grain of salt.

vCash
    We will see what his W/L record looks like the next couple of years, but I knew from the get-go that his structure and approach to things would fit like a glove with our fanbase. And our players want to win and they realize that Leach knows how to help them do that. These guys want to be pushed if it helps them succeed. A lot of them either signed with or played for Mullen so a disciplined, intense style of system is what they signed up for to begin with.

Take this season with a grain of salt because we could go 4-6 and still be a good team. And it may take a year or two for Leach to really get the culture of the program how it needs to be. But this guy has been around a long time and won in multiple major conferences. No reason to think he can't have success here too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Wasn't Hudspeth in Moorhead's first coaching staff? I wonder if he said something to Joe.
    The big rumor that really has legs is Hud and Johnson came up with the game plan for Auburn. They were trying to show Joe he had to adapt his offense. This was the infamous "I remembered to take my coaching pills" game. With Hud and Johnson adapting Joe's offense that season we would've won 10 games easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Rumors. Take it with a grain of salt. But those coaches jumping ship after the first year should have been a red flag on fire. Also heard Joey Jones told Joe to his face his offense was "horse shit". Again, take it with a grain of salt.
    Joey Jones was horse shit too. Special teams was awful last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The entire offensive staff was horseshit

vCash
    The entire offensive staff was horseshit
    Yep. That was the problem. From top down.

vCash
    Joey and Joe didn't get along from what I've heard. Joey just didn't give a shit b/c neither did Joe. We were paying Joe to be the players' best friend and not a coach.

vCash
    My biggest fear with leach is him saying something some deem controversial and getting in trouble over it.

He's also aloof. To the point that he didn't know if Tyler Williams was a practice Monday and appeared to not know who cj Morgan was when rosebowl asked a question about cj's health. Maybe he just doesn't pay attention to defensive guys.

Those are my fears and me being negative.

vCash
    um again, that's on Head Joe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    My biggest fear with leach is him saying something some deem controversial and getting in trouble over it.

He's also aloof. To the point that he didn't know if Tyler Williams was a practice Monday and appeared to not know who cj Morgan was when rosebowl asked a question about cj's health. Maybe he just doesn't pay attention to defensive guys.

Those are my fears and me being negative.
    I bet he has spent zero time with most of the defensive guys. First, he's focusing on installing the offense. Second, he's basically only had Zoom contact with them prior to what, 10 days ago?
    Hell, didn't Jackie only know players by number? All those press conferences where I heard "Number 7 has a knee, Number 69 has a hammy", etc. etc. lol
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18