Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
So none of Korey Charles, Esias Furdge or Jaylon Reed are SEC quality CBs? Also, anyone know what the deal is with Tyler Williams?
At least two of those guys will have to play out of necessity but I'm not sure if any of them are SEC quality guys. Furdge is probably the most likely to contribute of those three if I had to guess. He's only a sophomore so I'm not ready to write him off yet. Reed had a really weird recruitment in that he committed to us, we dropped him, and then we gave him a scholarship again at the last minute before signing day, so I was always iffy on if he would ever contribute. But he's still a young guy so who knows. Charles is a fifth year senior and he's not even really being discussed as a starting option at corner, I don't mean to pick on the guy but that should probably tell you what you need to know there.

The problem with all of those guys is we've recruited better players after them who have surpassed them. Emerson, Forbes, and arguably even Richardson are younger guys who are ahead of them on the depth chart in all likelihood. So I'm not sure how much of an opportunity any of them will ever really get unless we are just decimated with injuries.