Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just saw where Ole Miss starting center just opted out of the season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No problem with anyone opting out but the fear death spiral is really dumb. Don't know the long term effects? I got news for you - long term ain't none of us are gonna make it out alive. Prepare for eternity and live life with all you got now. Covid ain't Ebola, basically like the flu with variations depending on health risks. For young people it is 5-10 times less severe than flu. That is from the CDC so take that science and make better life decisions.

For those that want to live in fear go ahead but don't drag the rest of us and take our life in the meantime.
    Agreed. I don't have a problem with anyone opting out just like no one should have a problem with anyone that wants to play or just live their life.

vCash
    Say what you want.....Mississippi has more coming back than the DOGS and all big games are at home. Have no idea what Kiffin will do but they do have some built in pluses than Brother Pirate. Personally I think this is a Wonderful rain gauge of the coaching ability to both.....
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 08-17-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No problem with anyone opting out but the fear death spiral is really dumb. Don't know the long term effects? I got news for you - long term ain't none of us are gonna make it out alive. Prepare for eternity and live life with all you got now. Covid ain't Ebola, basically like the flu with variations depending on health risks. For young people it is 5-10 times less severe than flu. That is from the CDC so take that science and make better life decisions.

For those that want to live in fear go ahead but don't drag the rest of us and take our life in the meantime.
    I mean when there's serious heart and lung damage, it's kind of a big deal. In your 20s hearing that it might cause you to only have 10-15 yrs of life left vs your 40s and 50s is totally different animals. No worse than the flu but we have 170k+ deaths and counting. And we haven't even hit winter. You're dead wrong period.

I don't know of anyone who had heart problems from the flu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I mean when there's serious heart and lung damage, it's kind of a big deal. In your 20s hearing that it might cause you to only have 10-15 yrs of life left vs your 40s and 50s is totally different animals. No worse than the flu but we have 170k+ deaths and counting. And we haven't even hit winter. You're dead wrong period.

It's actually known to occur with the flu.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3533457/

And as far as myocarditis often times it can be treated.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20352544

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's actually known to occur with the flu.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3533457/

And as far as myocarditis often times it can be treated.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20352544
    This. Yeah the flu can absolutely cause heart problems.

Banned
    vCash
    I seem to have fallen victim to "I don't see it, so it doesn't exist."

But that makes sense because I'm always shocked to see how many people actually die from the flu and that seems to be a major factor in that count from reading those articles.

Is there accurate data on the rate of heart complications between the two? Again, it's seems like rona killing way way more. 3-4 weeks from now I'm really concerned about how colleges gonna shake out with cases.

Unpopular opinion, but I think having remote classes is worse for stopping the spread. People wouldn't go to in-person clas if they sick. But with remote classes... college age will be more inclined to party more and do activities more likely to spread than classes where actual social distancing measures are trying to be enacted.

I think to make it through this season we either need to hit the point where we let guys who are positive but asymptomatic play or just have teams not care when their opponent has double digit cases and have no fear of playing against them. I don't see either happening but I'm just someone who's been predicting negatively on all this from the get go.

vCash

But that makes sense because I'm always shocked to see how many people actually die from the flu and that seems to be a major factor in that count from reading those articles.

Is there accurate data on the rate of heart complications between the two? Again, it's seems like rona killing way way more. 3-4 weeks from now I'm really concerned about how colleges gonna shake out with cases.

Unpopular opinion, but I think having remote classes is worse for stopping the spread. People wouldn't go to in-person clas if they sick. But with remote classes... college age will be more inclined to party more and do activities more likely to spread than classes where actual social distancing measures are trying to be enacted.

I think to make it through this season we either need to hit the point where we let guys who are positive but asymptomatic play or just have teams not care when their opponent has double digit cases and have no fear of playing against them. I don't see either happening but I'm just someone who's been predicting negatively on all this from the get go.
    Most respiratory viruses etc. can cause forms of heart issues and lung issues. It just depends on the severity of the virus in the individual from what I have seen. Saw a great documentary on viruses a while back(will see if I can find it again and post the name) It was an older doc before the COVID so there really isn't any bias one way or the other. Had a bunch of good info on viruses in general.

Apparently once your system becomes really depressed and breathing gets difficult your organs have to work harder and that in turn causes the scarring and issues that you see. (Again, not a doctor, just watched a doc so feel free to correct me, The doc seemed to be legit and took a balanced approach)

And that is the problem I have with the current media coverage. They are acting as though all of these side effects are new when in reality a bunch of respiratory viruses that we deal with can cause the same issues.

Bronchitis/pneumonia are really bad about causing scarring etc.

I also had a family friend's daughter that died from the Flu a couple of years ago. She had horrible damage to her heart and lungs from the flu but it was also one of those rare cases where things just got out of hand.

As for accurate current data on comparisons of heart/lung damage from COVID and the Flu, I looked and couldn't find anything. I think it is still a little early to really know. But I don't think those that are Asymptomatic or have mild symptoms will have any long lasting damage to organs.
    Last edited by BB30; 08-18-2020 at 10:57 AM.

vCash

Please post your best solution to the whole of the matter of Covid19.

What would you do, for the whole nation, if you had absolute charge.

vCash

No sir, you are dead wrong period. No one knows anything about all this serious long term damage stuff, it just came out. You are borrowing a problem that isn't known yet - fear spiral at work again.

170K deaths is not accurate. They are counting deaths that are not from Covid; I know this first hand - fact. When there is gov free money to hand out you can't trust the numbers. Not to mention an election year where it is used as main stump speech.

How many flu death stories you seen this year? None, yet flu had killed more in most states than Covid - fact but not one story. It doesn't fit the narrative.

Dan, you can't believe all the mainstream media is feeding you, back up and see what is going on. Yes Covid is real and people have died but this ain't the Plague or Ebola. Oh and there is a treatment that has gone political too.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Please post your best solution to the whole of the matter of Covid19.

What would you do, for the whole nation, if you had absolute charge.
    There's 260+ pages worth of thread on that. All we can do now is wear a mask and vote for change.

R2Dawg, stop trying to boogeyman that I watch some mainstream garbage. I haven't had CNN/Fox News/etc. on since they stopped covering the protests (that are still going). Read BB30 and Todd's posts on how to actually talk to someone else instead of whatever diatribe you just spewed.

Edit:

Honestly I'll list out what I'd do... Mandate masks mandatory. 4 week total lockdown of country. Enact stimulus bill to help those displaced survive. We have bigger issues than our debt being called if we are ever called on our debt. Create state by state task-force to locate and isolate active Covid cases. Only allow essential personnel outside. Essential means Power / Utilities / Delivery. Make nationwide push to help USPS be delivery of essential goods to survive the 4 weeks. Once we are on the other side of those 4 weeks we should see minimal cases that are all mandatory isolated.

There more details and holes but my plan would be enacted with the goal of having all sports back rolling in October in full swing. With the advent of the cheaper test it would even be more effective and I am hoping that can be the driving force to get us back to normalcy.

It's crazy that we were promised this kind of testing back 2 weeks into march lockdown.
    Last edited by dantheman4248; 08-18-2020 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    After nearly losing his father to COVID, I do not blame him one bit.

vCash

Edit:

Honestly I'll list out what I'd do... Mandate masks mandatory. 4 week total lockdown of country. Enact stimulus bill to help those displaced survive. We have bigger issues than our debt being called if we are ever called on our debt. Create state by state task-force to locate and isolate active Covid cases. Only allow essential personnel outside. Essential means Power / Utilities / Delivery. Make nationwide push to help USPS be delivery of essential goods to survive the 4 weeks. Once we are on the other side of those 4 weeks we should see minimal cases that are all mandatory isolated.

There more details and holes but my plan would be enacted with the goal of having all sports back rolling in October in full swing. With the advent of the cheaper test it would even be more effective and I am hoping that can be the driving force to get us back to normalcy.

It's crazy that we were promised this kind of testing back 2 weeks into march lockdown.
    With all due respect, if New Zealand can't control the virus with their geographical location and the strict measures they put into place - your plan won't work.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...one-can-relax/

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    With all due respect, if New Zealand can't control the virus with their geographical location and the strict measures they put into place - your plan won't work.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...one-can-relax/
    Not sure how you interpret 3 months w/o a case and vigorous testing to identify and contain a strain that popped up randomly with 65 cases as of that article, but contained nonetheless as their methods being a failure. It's not possible to completely eradicate the virus especially with the rest of the world floundering. The goal would be to get cases to where you could isolate and contact trace. That's where New Zealand is at.

"Once we are on the other side of those 4 weeks we should see minimal cases that are all mandatory isolated." Is that not what NZ is doing? I'm confused how in the world you can think that they haven't been controlling the virus.

vCash
    There's 260+ pages worth of thread on that. All we can do now is wear a mask and vote for change.

R2Dawg, stop trying to boogeyman that I watch some mainstream garbage. I haven't had CNN/Fox News/etc. on since they stopped covering the protests (that are still going). Read BB30 and Todd's posts on how to actually talk to someone else instead of whatever diatribe you just spewed.

Edit:

Why would you need a mask if you are locked down? And how do we plan on eating under your plan??? And if grocery store trips are still ok then your plan is a total waste of time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Why would you need a mask if you are locked down? And how do we plan on eating under your plan??? And if grocery store trips are still ok then your plan is a total waste of time.
    What does delivery of essential goods mean to you?

"Why do you need a seatbelt if you have an airbag?" is the equivalent of your anti-mask question. I'll let you figure out the critical thinking of if you need to wear a mask 24/7 in your own home. If you need help then you're just looking for a reason to be stupid and obtuse. I know Mississippi lacks in education but common sense isn't generally one of the things lacking there, so please have at least one brain cell. Thanks.

vCash
    What does delivery of essential goods mean to you?

"Why do you need a seatbelt if you have an airbag?" is the equivalent of your anti-mask question. I'll let you figure out the critical thinking of if you need to wear a mask 24/7 in your own home. If you need help then you're just looking for a reason to be stupid and obtuse. I know Mississippi lacks in education but common sense isn't generally one of the things lacking there, so please have at least one brain cell. Thanks.
    so we are all going to get our groceries delivered? damn you're a bigger idiot than i thought. That's impossible.

vCash
    so we are all going to get our groceries delivered? damn you're a bigger idiot than i thought. That's impossible.
    It is the communist manifesto! We are too dumb to make our own decisions, the government must do it for us or we will all die!

Banned
    vCash
    It's almost like it's a radical idea to see a need for jobs with high unemployment / see a need for a floundering governmental department to have an injection of income / utilize the infrastructure already there. People nowadays have so much delivered via Amazon and such. It's not crazy to think you could quickly set up a system to deliver goods from stores and the jobs that would be created along with it.

Somehow that has spawned the village idiot to come call this idea "communism."

vCash
    Extendedcab, you should join the military so you can REALLY do your part in fighting those Godless ?Commonists?. Six months at Fort Benning should do the trick. Infantry school followed by Airborne School will have you more than ready. Enlist; Americans are depending on you

vCash
    Not sure how you interpret 3 months w/o a case and vigorous testing to identify and contain a strain that popped up randomly with 65 cases as of that article, but contained nonetheless as their methods being a failure. It's not possible to completely eradicate the virus especially with the rest of the world floundering. The goal would be to get cases to where you could isolate and contact trace. That's where New Zealand is at.

"Once we are on the other side of those 4 weeks we should see minimal cases that are all mandatory isolated." Is that not what NZ is doing? I'm confused how in the world you can think that they haven't been controlling the virus.
    I didn't say they weren't controlling the virus, simply pointing out that even with their draconian measures and optimal geographical location (no land borders) - the virus still infiltrated their population after 100+ days of no reported cases. When they did find a new case, it quickly escalated to 60+ cases.

The US does not have those luxuries. Using the 65 cases/New Zealand total pop. (4.886 million) = 0.0000133. If you use that number and apply to US total pop. (328.2 million), you would be looking at the equivalent of 4,366 new cases.

We can't even get testing done correctly, so do you really feel like we could contact trace 4,000 cases?? The answer is "no", so don't be naive.