Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Doering on SXM SEC Radio this am: SEC is playing no matter what

vCash

Chris Doering on SXM SEC Radio this am: SEC is playing no matter what

CD said his sources are adamant that the SEC is playing football even if they are the only college conference doing it. But, it looks like B12 and ACC will hold firm and play as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    CD said his sources are adamant that the SEC is playing football even if they are the only college conference doing it. But, it looks like B12 and ACC will hold firm and play as well.
    So you're saying that his sources are better than Homedawgs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm just saying that's what the man said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm just saying that's what the man said.
    I know I'm joking around man

vCash
    I know I'm joking around man
    I thought so but people are little on edge around here.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    That is fantastic. Come up with the best protection we can give the student athletes and coaches, giving the players every opportunity to not play if they are not comfortable with it, and lets get out there and get going.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    They intend to play and may start, but no way we get 10 games in this fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    They intend to play and may start, but no way we get 10 games in this fall.
    That's why they are playing conference only so they can suspend games for a week or two. It gives them flexibility. They know football players are going to contract covid and it will not be on the football field.

vCash
    I hope he's right....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I hope he's right....
    Me too man. I would bet my house against it though unless we see the student athletes really make a case for themselves.

vCash
    Where?s the bravado you?ve been spewing lately Homedawg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsondawg22 View Post
    Where?s the bravado you?ve been spewing lately Homedawg?
    If I say what I think again, Mobile will tell me to stfu and I'm negative. So I'll just cross my fingers we play...

vCash
    I know Homedawg wants football and everything else to proceed he just believes that the fear will eventually win out. He's very rarely wrong with his info but let's hope this is one of the rare times he is(and I know he hopes that as well).

vCash
    My opinion is the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play and the Big 10 and PAC 12 don't which I tweeted about a week ago. Hopefully I end up being right.

The Big 10 is trying to bully the SEC and the rest of the power five around.

The nixed the third paid assistant in college baseball. They jumped the gun on everyone with the conference only schedule and that pissed the SEC off. And now they tried to pull this stunt literally two days after the SEC announced their conference only schedule.

I just don't understand what the Big 10's real motive is here though. I don't think it's lawsuits because if it really was they wouldn't be allowing practice to go on. Unless they really believe the only place you can catch COVID is during a football game against another opponent. And I don't know if it's to try to keep the players from unionizing because if it was that backfired because this decision only brought the players closer to doing that than ever when it was otherwise relatively quiet on that front.

I hope the SEC has had enough and just goes ahead and does their thing- the RIGHT thing- and shows them that they aren't going to be able to run the P5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My opinion is the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play and the Big 10 and PAC 12 don't which I tweeted about a week ago. Hopefully I end up being right.

The nixed the third paid assistant in college baseball. They jumped the gun on everyone with the conference only schedule and that pissed the SEC off. And now they tried to pull this stunt literally two days after the SEC announced their conference only schedule.

I just don't understand what the Big 10's real motive is here though. I don't think it's lawsuits because if it really was they wouldn't be allowing practice to go on. Unless they really believe the only place you can catch COVID is during a football game against another opponent. And I don't know if it's to try to keep the players from unionizing because if it was that backfired because this decision only brought the players closer to doing that than ever when it was otherwise relatively quiet on that front.

I hope the SEC has had enough and just goes ahead and does their thing- the RIGHT thing- and shows them that they aren't going to be able to run the P5.
    I hate the big10. They're arrogant elitists who think everyone else is beneath them and believe we should all fall in line behind them. Screw the big10 and the pac12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I hate the big10. They're arrogant elitists who think everyone else is beneath them and believe we should all fall in line behind them. Screw the big10 and the pac12.
    They're out of touch. I hope half their league leaves over this and joins the Big 12 and leaves them with Rutgers and Northwestern.

vCash
    They're out of touch. I hope half their league leaves over this and joins the Big 12 and leaves them with Rutgers and Northwestern.
    You think the SEC could give Missouri to the Big 12 and the SEC take Nebraska?

vCash
    That would be hilarious!

Bet Nebraska wishes they would've joined the big12 like Oklahoma and the others did now.

vCash

Again. The BIG10 apparently went well I to the red last year on their budget. I think that has a lot to do with it

vCash
    If we play 10 games, I will be shocked. My oldest moved into the Phi Mu house Saturday. She tested positive this morning, and I drove to campus and picked her up. Which means she was probably infected before she left for school. They have already had 2 test positive and it has not been a week into it. I just cannot see college campuses doing well in this environment.