Thread: Does anyone else find it odd the NCAA is so quiet?

vCash

Does anyone else find it odd the NCAA is so quiet?

I mean we haven?t heard a peep out of them during all this. There hasn?t been any uniform decisions or procedures. It has to be near the end of the line for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I mean we haven?t heard a peep out of them during all this. There hasn?t been any uniform decisions or procedures. It has to be near the end of the line for them
    I think they are scared to say anything honestly. If they say any of the power 5 can't or shouldn't play and the SEC/ACC balk and say well we are going to anyway it could be the end of the NCAA.

They are going to play it safe I would imagine and stay out of it simply to stay afloat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I think they are scared to say anything honestly. If they say any of the power 5 can't or shouldn't play and the SEC/ACC balk and say well we are going to anyway it could be the end of the NCAA.

They are going to play it safe I would imagine and stay out of it simply to stay afloat.
    yep .... they aren't going to risk their cush jobs on something nobody can figure out anyway ..... when in doubt just punt
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    What would you really want them to say?

No one knows anything. Even the people the that pretend like they do.

vCash
    Silence is golden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Silence is golden.
    yep ... if they did speak then we probably wouldn't like it
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    The NCAA is realizing that they have no power. Actually, they've known this, but everybody else is starting to realize it too.

vCash
    Who is the NCAA? Oh yeah, that's the organization where their compliance investigators had enough evidence where they could have buried the OM football program, but sometime either prior too or during the COI hearing some type of negotiation(s) appears to have been worked out where the charges were watered down.

vCash
    This could be an opportunity for the Remaining 3 to opt out of the NCAA and start a new organization.

vCash
    As others have said- they don't matter. The P5 run things. It's sort of like the mafia. Right now it's basically the SEC vs. the Big 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As others have said- they don't matter. The P5 run things. It's sort of like the mafia. Right now it's basically the SEC vs. the Big 10.
    Sankey might go Michael Corleone on their asses. And the Big 10 will be Moe Green.

vCash
    They are scared shitless of losing the SEC and ACC. That is their gravy train and they know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    NCAA has no spine they are scared to death. They just might as well fold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post

Well they just spoke ... The only National Championship for Fall sports is going to be football ... so it looks like the Championship with only 3 conferences or possibly less will be sanctioned

vCash
    They have no authority over play/don't play. They can only govern those who elect to play ncaa football. If they say "don't play," technically, they lose their power hold over the universities.

I fully expect the P5 to come out the other side of this governing themselves. I think this is the official beginning of the end for the NCAA. I said nearly a decade ago that their lifetime is limited. It's coming to a close soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    They have no authority over play/don't play. They can only govern those who elect to play ncaa football. If they say "don't play," technically, they lose their power hold over the universities.

I fully expect the P5 to come out the other side of this governing themselves. I think this is the official beginning of the end for the NCAA. I said nearly a decade ago that their lifetime is limited. It's coming to a close soon.
    Yep, they were on their last leg and COVID is probably going to be one of the final death nails in their coffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    NCAA has no spine they are scared to death. They just might as well fold.
    I've never understood the lust and desire for "ending" the NCAA.

The NCAA is made up of the school's presidents, it's not like some outside entity that is coming up with rules that the schools themselves don't want to abide by.

If the NCAA "ended," then another governing body exactly like it would form to take it's place and work the exact same way... meaning that the school's presidents would form an organization to oversee and govern athletics for it's members.

There will always be a governing body, so there will always be an NCAA. That might mean that the Power 5 forms it's own NCAA, but when you go that route, you lose the NCAA Basketball & baseball tournament (or the way that we know them now), P5's having the opportunity to play games against G5 and below schools, etc...

The NCAA isn't messing with the P5 as it is now as this situation has made more than obvious... if anything to me, I think the NCAA should be more involved in getting everyone on the same page, because having everyone deciding on their own as to whether or not to play, when to start, etc... has led to a gigantic mess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    I've never understood the lust and desire for "ending" the NCAA.

The NCAA is made up of the school's presidents, it's not like some outside entity that is coming up with rules that the schools themselves don't want to abide by.

If the NCAA "ended," then another governing body exactly like it would form to take it's place and work the exact same way... meaning that the school's presidents would form an organization to oversee and govern athletics for it's members.

There will always be a governing body, so there will always be an NCAA. That might mean that the Power 5 forms it's own NCAA, but when you go that route, you lose the NCAA Basketball & baseball tournament (or the way that we know them now), P5's having the opportunity to play games against G5 and below schools, etc...

The NCAA isn't messing with the P5 as it is now as this situation has made more than obvious... if anything to me, I think the NCAA should be more involved in getting everyone on the same page, because having everyone deciding on their own as to whether or not to play, when to start, etc... has led to a gigantic mess
    True that! Some governing body is needed to ride heard on rogue schools.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!