Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be College Football this fall - Update

vCash

Will there be College Football this fall - Update

Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 08-11-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Their medical reasoning is that players could contract the virus on the field or at practice and potentially die. Something that the school could avoid by simply not playing football. This in no way diminishes the players ability to contract the virus going to class, the store, their mother's house, or banging some coed. Difference is, all of those actions are totally out of the control of the university and is a personal choice by each student/athlete.

Chances are, if every single football player in america contracted Covid, some would need to hospitalized. Some may even die.

Now, here is the biggest kicker in the entire discussion. If every single college guaranteed the players their scholarships regardless if they played or not. Allowed each player to decide whether they are going to play or not independently and they can change their mind at anytime. All medical expenses covered for as long as you show symptoms by the university. Sign on the dotted line acknowledging the risk of death due to covid. Then hell the players chose it. Let's kick off.

Edited to Add
    I am sympathetic to the players that really want to play. I am sympathetic to all the businesses that rely on football games. I am sympathetic to the universities need for football. But what happens if a guy on our team catches it and dies. I would rather not have it than for one of our players or any other player in Mississippi catch this thing and someone die. Chances are that is not going to happen, but I wouldn't take that risk.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 08-11-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    this shouldn't be funny but it is...

vCash
    Remember Rodney Stowers?
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Remember Rodney Stowers?
    Yes. Heart attack due to clot from broken leg right???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Their medical reasoning is that players could contract the virus on the field or at practice and potentially die. Something that the school could avoid by simply not playing football. This in no way diminishes the players ability to contract the virus going to class, the store, their mother's house, or banging some coed. Difference is, all of those actions are totally out of the control of the university and is a personal choice by each student/athlete.

Chances are, if every single football player in america contracted Covid, some would need to hospitalized. Some may even die.

Now, here is the biggest kicker in the entire discussion. If every single college guaranteed the players their scholarships regardless if they played or not. Allowed each player to decide whether they are going to play or not independently and they can change their mind at anytime. All medical expenses covered for as long as you show symptoms by the university. Sign on the dotted line acknowledging the risk of death due to covid. Then hell the players chose it. Let's kick off.

Edited to Add
    I am sympathetic to the players that really want to play. I am sympathetic to all the businesses that rely on football games. I am sympathetic to the universities need for football. But what happens if a guy on our team catches it and dies. I would rather not have it than for one of our players or any other player in Mississippi catch this thing and someone die. Chances are that is not going to happen, but I wouldn't take that risk.
    There's no protection for those millions of students and teachers on campuses across the country. So that argument is horse shit.
    Still haven't seen any athletes die in pro ball. High school ball starts this week. What about those kids? HS has been going for a week plus now. No problems really.

vCash
    Some folks will be wearing masks 10 years from now and will be working remotely forever.

Soccer has been playing and training for 2 months. German, English, Spanish and European Tournaments all started and some are now finished up.

Tomorrow the Champions League starts a new round. Paris SG vs Atalanta
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 08-11-2020 at 06:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Some folks will be wearing masks 10 years from now and will be working remotely forever.

Soccer has been playing and training for 2 months. German, English, Spanish and European Tournaments all started and some are now finished up.

There will be posters on this board who will be more upset if there is a season than posters if there isn't a season. As far as the SEC goes it comes down to how big and how long is the out break when the students get back on campus. I suspect most of those bar hopping, legg hunting horn dogs have already gotten it.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    With all of the sketchy stuff that goes on in college football, I can see a coach covering up one of his star players having Covid if they think it will cost them a win. I think that might be part of some of the thought process with these folks. If that happens, the liability from a university could be crippling.

vCash
    The way every team is doing tracing even w minimal positives it's impossible to play....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The way every team is doing tracing even w minimal positives it's impossible to play....

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    Dude if you don't like what I say don't read it. But I'm informing people how we trace. I don't like it. But it is what it is. Now either ignore me or crawl back on your hole. I don't care. I want to play. But it ain't happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    This is just flat out wrong. ANY player can opt out of playing football this season and still have his scholarship honored with no adverse consequences. Has a student that opts out of a class over COVID fears been guaranteed to pass the class or been guaranteed an online option of the class? Not that I'm aware of. Football players actually appear to have more choice options than regular students from what I can see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    This is just flat out wrong. ANY player can opt out of playing football this season and still have his scholarship honored with no adverse consequences. Has a student that opts out of a class over COVID fears been guaranteed to pass the class or been guaranteed an online option of the class? Not that I'm aware of. Football players actually appear to have more choice options than regular students from what I can see.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Different situation. It's a lot easier to do it with pros. Also, and this is the BIG one, they have their outbreaks under much better control than we do. They didn't start back till their numbers were way down. We have never even approached the way they did lockdown.

vCash
    Scooba has some other things going on. Wasn't there some doubt if they would play this year even prior to COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Ok

Big 10 - out. https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ootball-season
    Pac 10 - out https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ts-eyes-spring

Big 12 - on the clock. ad meeting at 5. presidents at 6. split as of now.
    [tweet2]1293280165603287047[/tweet2]

SEC is asking Big 10 and Pac10 for their medical reasoning's...

Scooba tech - OUT

[tweet2]1293305454882426887[/Tweet2]
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 08-12-2020 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You were responding to beerfarley, right??

If so, that's good that they're tracing the positives so that a scumbag coach can't try and hide a positive so he could play. That would be lowdown.

vCash
    I can see a path to playing, but there is too much bureaucracy for it to happen.

1. Opt in/Opt out for players. Opt out players remain on scholarships (this is already the case). Opt in players sign a waiver. (I don't want to argue whether or not it would hold up in court)

2. Only test players who are showing symptoms like they are doing in MS high schools. Quarantine positive Covid player only.

3. periodically screen for myocarditis as an extra layer of safety for the players.

4. Keep players in dorm, old school athletic dorm style. Each active player gets his own room.

5. Tough one here, Coaches must identify 60 man active roster. walk-ons and inactive players seperated from "active" roster and will serve as fill ins as active players test positive.

I think that could work, but I'm just a guy on a keyboard.

vCash
    A 7 year old healthy child in Savannah Georgia just died from COVID.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsa...-covid-19/amp/

But yea, all’s good. Play ball baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    A 7 year old healthy child in Savannah Georgia just died from COVID.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsa...-covid-19/amp/

But yea, all’s good. Play ball baby!
    Dude you are on it tonight. I can?t wait for you to update me every time there?s a death from the flu or pneumonia.

Play ball baby.