Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking on Pawl. B10...done for all fall sports. P10 will follow suit

vCash

Breaking on Pawl. B10...done for all fall sports. P10 will follow suit

"too much uncertainty"

But they will welcome 1000's of teenagers back to campus that will act responsible

Edit: Pac 12 will follow suit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    "too much uncertainty"

But they will welcome 1000's of teenagers back to campus that will act responsible

Edit: Pac 12 will follow suit
    Yeah...doesn't make much sense.

vCash
    Awesome. All the Ag schools around the country better adopt us as their new favorite!

vCash
    Unless we can get three of the P5 in, its over. Got to have three of the five.

vCash
    All the talking heads are saying the other 3 will fold a like a cheap suit bc of lawsuits and liability.

Counsel has stepped in and put a bug in the ear of weak-kneed college pres.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    All the talking heads are saying the other 3 will fold a like a cheap suit bc of lawsuits and liability.

Counsel has stepped in and put a bug in the ear of weak-kneed college pres.
    ACC has openly said they're playing. SEC has said they want to play, but will be patient. The Big 12 is the wild card.

vCash
    and in the meantime they are playing High School football this Friday in Miss.

vCash
    This all hinges on what the Big 12 wants to do. Usually I'd be pretty confident about that, but Lincoln Riley's comments at the start of the pandemic about not wanting kids back on campus still have me worried.

vCash
    What is crazy is they will now really be sued by players for not being let to play.

vCash
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This all hinges on what the Big 12 wants to do. Usually I'd be pretty confident about that, but Lincoln Riley's comments at the start of the pandemic about not wanting kids back on campus still have me worried.
    Texas will decide what happens with that conference. It's always been that way and always will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    and in the meantime they are playing High School football this Friday in Miss.
    Didn't the Mississippi JUCO's break rank and decide to play too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Didn't the Mississippi JUCO's break rank and decide to play too?
    I don't know about JUCO but MAIS have games Thursday and Friday. If they are allowing fans I might attend one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Texas will decide what happens with that conference. It's always been that way and always will.
    Then I would think they'll vote to play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Unless we can get three of the P5 in, its over. Got to have three of the five.
    Why, though? What's the metric?

vCash
    Has anyone actually cited concern over lawsuits as a reason or is that speculation?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Yeah...doesn't make much sense.
    Well it is damn hard to justify full tuition cost when learning remotely is about as useful as watching youtube videos on a subject.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Why, though? What's the metric?
    ACC and SEC are working on the Big 12. ACC basically says they're out if we don't have three of the P5. Big 12 is riding the fence, but leaning to delay. I suspect we'll see it all delayed to spring, then eventually canceled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well it is damn hard to justify full tuition cost when learning remotely is about as useful as watching youtube videos on a subject.
    But then again it's also damn hard to justify tuition costs when the exact same product cost half of what it does now just 20 years ago.

If they can' "justify" the insane rate of tuition increases, why not "justify" full tuition for online only? Not that I disagree with your take on the uselessness of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    ACC and SEC are working on the Big 12. ACC basically says they're out if we don't have three of the P5. Big 12 is riding the fence, but leaning to delay. I suspect we'll see it all delayed to spring, then eventually canceled.
    When that happens, wonder how fast the pac 12 revolt will last.....these players gonna figure out something is better than nothing.... if there is something to return to....