Thread: Crazy but predictable

vCash

Crazy but predictable

It is kind of mind blowing to see the power and influence football has. After everything that has been stripped away from people little by little, for good reasons and bad (more political reasons than medical ones IMO but I am no doctor and I wont shame anyone who opts out of anything during pandemic), it took the threat of no football for people to finally stand up to a mob. We are going to play. The mob thought they could bully their way to another W but it looks like they have lost this one. B10 and P12 may regret this for eternity.

vCash
    I believe that any conference that does not play when other conferences play is self imposing a complete death penalty and will take as long or longer than SMU to get back up again, on every school.

vCash
    I wonder if we will see Nebraska and Ohio State lobby to leave their respective conferences over this?
    Last edited by Dawgology; 08-10-2020 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I believe that any conference that does not play when other conferences play is self imposing a complete death penalty and will take as long or longer than SMU to get back up again, on every school.
    Agree which is why if someone else will join SEC, the show may still go on. Funny how the approach initiallly was just slow the virus (logical because you can't stop any virus) but now it is we can't have any cases. The media has scared everyone out of common sense. covid for young people is 5-10 less severe than flu per CDC so why the panic attack?

vCash
    I disagree only because the vast majority of schools are canceling; recruits and coaches HAVE to go somewhere, they can't all avoid the 70ish% of P5 schools that cancel. SMU was a one off- the BIG-10, PAC-12, Big-12, and ACC are not one offs.

Now, hopefully we see recruits start viewing the SEC as the "cool" conference even more than they already do. We can get branded as the place that truly takes FB seriously, and "gets it", as well as being the best. Maybe we can get more 4* recruits from out of state because of that SEC logo we wear, and bump our average class up a few spots

vCash
    If OSU wants to play football the Big 10 will play football and OSU wants to play football. There was an earthquake today and one thing I learned is the Midwest loves college football as much as the South and South West. They are going to play football. It will be delayed until end of September or first of October but they are playing. The AD's want it, the players want , the coaches want it, the fans want it. The so call snowball the media was all giddy about did happen but it turned out to be a avalanche that took out thier ski lodge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I wonder if we will see Nebraska and Ohio State lobby to leave their respective conferences over this?
    According to reports ... To many legal matters to hurddle ... even if they wanted to (TV contract with Big 10 to start). Article went on and on .. but that's what I took away as the biggest deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If OSU wants to play football the Big 10 will play football and OSU wants to play football. There was an earthquake today and one thing I learned is the Midwest loves college football as much as the South and South West. They are going to play football. It will be delayed until end of September or first of October but they are playing. The AD's want it, the players want , the coaches want it, the fans want it. The so call snowball the media was all giddy about did happen but it turned out to be a avalanche that took out thier ski lodge.
    The Big 10 definitely has their Ohio State's, Michigan's, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and etc. that are as serious as we are about football. They also have Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers, and Indiana that aren't as serious as well though. Moreso than the SEC.

If I was the Big 10 I would be VERY worried about Ohio State, Iowa, and Nebraska joining the Big 12 which would gladly take them- and if Ohio State goes there is a good chance Michigan follows along with them. Losing those four would be a massive blow to the Big 10. At least I would be more worried about that than the players unionizing. We're talking about a massive domino effect for that conference potentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The Big 10 definitely has their Ohio State's, Michigan's, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and etc. that are as serious as we are about football. They also have Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers, and Indiana that aren't as serious as well though. Moreso than the SEC.

If I was the Big 10 I would be VERY worried about Ohio State, Iowa, and Nebraska joining the Big 12 which would gladly take them- and if Ohio State goes there is a good chance Michigan follows along with them. Losing those four would be a massive blow to the Big 10. At least I would be more worried about that than the players unionizing. We're talking about a massive domino effect for that conference potentially.
    They would have to cut a deal or change the Longhorn's network broadcasting rights for that to happen ... that's the reason aTm and Nebraska and Colorado split to begin with
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Luginbill was on OOB and stated Big10 presidents had no intention to play football, period. They didn't even participate in the P5 confab that came up with the protocols and the Sept 26th start. They had NO intention to play football this season. They forgot to inform their coaches and ADs though. It's now a total shit show in the Big10. Ohio State says they are playing football either as a member of the Big10 or another conference that lets them in for the season (cough... SEC... cough).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Luginbill was on OOB and stated Big10 presidents had no intention to play football, period. They didn't even participate in the P5 confab that came up with the protocols and the Sept 26th start. They had NO intention to play football this season. They forgot to inform their coaches and ADs though. It's now a total shit show in the Big10. Ohio State says they are playing football either as a member of the Big10 or another conference that lets them in for the season (cough... SEC... cough).
    Again, BIG10 lost hella money last year. They see this as an excuse to get back in the black. It's really that simple. The second baseball/basketball was canceled their mind was made up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree which is why if someone else will join SEC, the show may still go on. Funny how the approach initiallly was just slow the virus (logical because you can't stop any virus) but now it is we can't have any cases. The media has scared everyone out of common sense. covid for young people is 5-10 less severe than flu per CDC so why the panic attack?

Because orange man bad. They look at the economic damage this has caused and believe that it will help Joe Biden win the election.

vCash
    Because orange man bad. They look at the economic damage this has caused and believe that it will help Joe Biden win the election.
    Some are going to call you crazy for that comment but there is some merit there. Otherwise I don't see any reason as to why they wouldn't care what their member team's coaches/ads/ and players want to do. But it certainly seems as though they really don't care what the athletic departments' thoughts on the matter are.