Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Sankey standing tall

vCash

Greg Sankey standing tall

Says Big Ten want dictate what the Sec does to football. His approach seems reasonable, let's wait and see with fall practice starting Aug 17th and first Sec game Sept 26.

One can only imagine IF the Sec plays football this fall.

Like many have stated, thinking young men and women will stay locked up, ain't happening, just saying.

vCash
    Well IF Sankey, the presidents and ADs allow us to play football I will give them credit for having some massive stones. Here's hoping they do!

ETA At some point someone has to standup and say let's go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well IF Sankey, the presidents and ADs allow us to play football I will give them credit for having some massive stones. Here's hoping they do!

ETA At some point someone has to standup and say let's go!
    Yes, fact is the world can't just stop spinning, if so there will be no life anyway. Seems more and more are beginning to see the light. I see the last two days Mississippi numbers have dropped a lot with positive testing.

The way I see it, it players don't want to play, I'm ok with it, same for fans attending. Maybe we should playing inside Wal-Mart, doesn't seem to be a problem with Wally World***

Btw I just got back from working Hurricane Hannah in south Texas, we had 3 staging sites with numbers being 500, 850 and 450 at those sites. Safety was vey much in place, not one single case of Covid-19 occurred while I was there 11 days, we had crews from all over the south and Rio Grande Valley is a hot bed for the virus.

Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Yes, fact is the world can't just stop spinning, if so there will be no life anyway. Seems more and more are beginning to see the light. I see the last two days Mississippi numbers have dropped a lot with positive testing.

The way I see it, it players don't want to play, I'm ok with it, same for fans attending. Maybe we should playing inside Wal-Mart, doesn't seem to be a problem with Wally World***

Btw I just got back from working Hurricane Hannah in south Texas, we had 3 staging sites with numbers being 500, 850 and 450 at those sites. Safety was vey much in place, not one single case of Covid-19 occurred while I was there 11 days, we had crews from all over the south and Rio Grande Valley is a hot bed for the virus.

Just saying.
    Right there with you!

vCash
    If Big 10 and PAC 12 shut it down on basis of health and medical concerns, no way SEC will press on....can't afford to. It would be stupid to do so.

vCash
    screw it ... can't post a gif here
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 08-10-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    If Big 10 and PAC 12 shut it down on basis of health and medical concerns, no way SEC will press on....can't afford to. It would be stupid to do so.
    It would certainly put them in the position of looking like idiots if they did decide to go forward with the season and then it all fell apart. On the other hand, it could be a boon for the conference if they had a successful season when most of the others backed out. But large institutions don't normally take that kind of risk.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Outstanding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Awesome!

vCash
    Everyone knows why the Big 10 ad PAC 12 are shutting it down and it isn't "health and medical concerns" lol. These guys aren't idiots. It would be a monumental move for the SEC and ACC to play ball. There is not a big enough rake to rake in the money they would be making. Literally, the only game in town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Everyone knows why the Big 10 ad PAC 12 are shutting it down and it isn't "health and medical concerns" lol. These guys aren't idiots. It would be a monumental move for the SEC and ACC to play ball. There is not a big enough rake to rake in the money they would be making. Literally, the only game in town.

I believe the real reason is can be summed up in three words.

Orange Man Bad!

vCash

vCash
    We may finish the season ranked in the top 10!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I believe the real reason is can be summed up in three words.

Orange Man Bad!
    Or that they spent collectively as a conference 1.8 billion last year and made around 1.33 billion (so they were basically 500 million in the red). They are losing money with athletics. Closing it down for a season will actually save them some money.

As opposed to the SEC who cleared $651 million in revenue last year. We literally made 1 billion more than the BIG10.
    Last edited by Dawgology; 08-10-2020 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    If they keep the players playing they will receive far superior monitoring and medical care than they could anywhere else. If you are referring to liability you have to take the causation issue into account. Did the player get Covid playing football or in Kroger or kissing a girl in the District?
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    It would be stupid not to. A wave of transfers after a self imposed death penalty. Plus the NFL bound players going away. We would end up with a P3 and a G7 situation. Program suicide is some play and some don't for those that don't.

vCash
    It is not for those reasons...if you cant tell this is at least at some form politics then you are just willfully ignorant. Look at the regions who are wanting to pull the plug then look at the way they vote. PAC 12 is all blue, Big 10 country and Florida decide the election year after year. This is a political move and it would never be a thought in any other year but an election year.

The SEC will play 100 percent. Others will follow after them. If the SEC does not play I wont post again till the next football season yall can bookmark this and call me out

vCash
    That doesn't seem right. Journalist are notorious for weak math skills. If you use the revenue percentages (26%, 20%,16% &10%) with the revenues shown the total revenue comes to about $1.8 billion which is breakeven.