Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Sankey standing tall

vCash
    If the SEC were to be the only game in town this fall, the TV numbers would be huge...

vCash

A portion of me hopes the SEC is the only conference that plays

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Says Big Ten want dictate what the Sec does to football. His approach seems reasonable, let's wait and see with fall practice starting Aug 17th and first Sec game Sept 26.

One can only imagine IF the Sec plays football this fall.

Like many have stated, thinking young men and women will stay locked up, ain't happening, just saying.
    Imagine the viewership and new fans State would pick up if we?re the only game in town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well IF Sankey, the presidents and ADs allow us to play football I will give them credit for having some massive stones. Here's hoping they do!

ETA At some point someone has to standup and say let's go!
    Sankey ain't got no backbone; he'll fold like a cheap suit when it comes to it. He is playing politics just like he did with the MS flag thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Everyone knows why the Big 10 ad PAC 12 are shutting it down and it isn't "health and medical concerns" lol. These guys aren't idiots. It would be a monumental move for the SEC and ACC to play ball. There is not a big enough rake to rake in the money they would be making. Literally, the only game in town.
    It's called Trial Lawyers got to make up their losses. BTW this will probably be the death knell of conferences. We are going to see a massive re-alignment of major teams that didn't cancel into new super conferences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Sankey ain't got no backbone; he'll fold like a cheap suit when it comes to it. He is playing politics just like he did with the MS flag thing.
    That's why I put the IF in there. I don't trust Sankey for nothing but this may not be his call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    It's called Trial Lawyers got to make up their losses. BTW this will probably be the death knell of conferences. We are going to see a massive re-alignment of major teams that didn't cancel into new super conferences.
    I think the Big 10 knows that though. They're running the risk of pissing off some of their major programs. Nebraska has already switched conferences once the past few years. I doubt they would have much of a problem doing it again. Even if there are too many legal hurdles to jump through costing teams like Ohio State, Iowa, Nebraska and etc. a full season would be a major blow to those programs and I'm sure that's something that wouldn't be lost on those programs and they might leave when the opportunity comes.

vCash
    Guess I'm in the dark then. If not medical and health reasons what other reason would there be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Guess I'm in the dark then. If not medical and health reasons what other reason would there be?
    P O L I T I C S.

It’s obvious. Politics have been involved since the beginning. It’s an election year. No college football for an entire fall on top of what has gone on and happened since March = a tanked economy. And it’d be just in time for the election in November. Hmmmmm.... and it’s just so happens that the B10 and PAC12 schools have been the ones wanting to cancel fall sports for months now. Now let’s see....those conferences’ teams reside in states that are mainly of what political affiliation.....
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    P O L I T I C S.

It’s obvious. Politics have been involved since the beginning. It’s an election year. No college football for an entire fall on top of what has gone on and happened since March = a tanked economy. And it’d be just in time for the election in November. Hmmmmm.... and it’s just so happens that the B10 and PAC12 schools have been the ones wanting to cancel fall sports for months now. Now let’s see....those conferences’ teams reside in states that are mainly of what political affiliation.....
    After this and the football tweet from Trump, college football is now full tilt open game for politics to poison it too. It really sucks to see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    After this and the football tweet from Trump, college football is now full tilt open game for politics to poison it too. It really sucks to see it
    Bingo. I’m not going to get into a political back and forth or even reveal what politics I agree with. But Trump tweeting about it just proved that it was already political and it got even more political once he tweeted about it. It’s a slippery slope that I really hope CFB doesn’t fall down going forward. Politics need to be kept out of college athletics as much as possible. It won’t completely be free of it but it could full on ruin it like some pro sports. That’s as deep into politics talk as I’ll get on a sports message board.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    BIG10 made little to no money last season. Best accounts are they broke even...the numbers indicate that they lost 500 million as a whole. This gives them a reason to cancel for a year and get back in the black. Same reason the MAC in canceling/canceled.

These divisions depend a lot on their OOC games also. They have one or two big name teams and the rest are shit that no one really cares about. In comparison to the SEC with Bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida...those will get viewership all over the US. Canceling the season for the SEC is a loss of about 700 million in revenue. Canceling the season for the BIG10 is actually saving them about 500 million (and that's not including the extra testing/medical costs).

vCash
    Bingo. I’m not going to get into a political back and forth or even reveal what politics I agree with. But Trump tweeting about it just proved that it was already political and it got even more political once he tweeted about it. It’s a slippery slope that I really hope CFB doesn’t fall down going forward. Politics need to be kept out of college athletics as much as possible. It won’t completely be free of it but it could full on ruin it like some pro sports. That’s as deep into politics talk as I’ll get on a sports message board.
    As long as Disney owns ESPN sports will be political.

vCash
    Bingo. I?m not going to get into a political back and forth or even reveal what politics I agree with. But Trump tweeting about it just proved that it was already political and it got even more political once he tweeted about it. It?s a slippery slope that I really hope CFB doesn?t fall down going forward. Politics need to be kept out of college athletics as much as possible. It won?t completely be free of it but it could full on ruin it like some pro sports. That?s as deep into politics talk as I?ll get on a sports message board.
    I would expect any president, whether Republican or Democrat to promote national morale for everyone ... when there are almost as many people thinking there should be no football as there are saying yes let's play then I don't see that as politics or campaigning.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    As long as Disney owns ESPN sports will be political.
    Yep. And I freakin hate it!!! Regardless of party affiliation, everyone should hate any politics in college sports. It’s sucks.

vCash
    BIG10 made little to no money last season. Best accounts are they broke even...the numbers indicate that they lost 500 million as a whole. This gives them a reason to cancel for a year and get back in the black. Same reason the MAC in canceling/canceled.

These divisions depend a lot on their OOC games also. They have one or two big name teams and the rest are shit that no one really cares about. In comparison to the SEC with Bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida...those will get viewership all over the US. Canceling the season for the SEC is a loss of about 700 million in revenue. Canceling the season for the BIG10 is actually saving them about 500 million (and that's not including the extra testing/medical costs).
    How in the hell did they manage to not make any money? That's got to be wrong. They're TV money wsa $54M per school last year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...18/3686089002/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail State View Post
    Imagine the viewership and new fans State would pick up if we?re the only game in town
    Imagine Vandy finishing the season ranked 14th in the nation. That's straight Twilight Zone shit!

vCash
    Oh...another political conspiracy theory against trump...got it

vCash
    Oh...another political conspiracy theory against trump...got it
    The funny thing is the number of people that believe their party is the white knight in all of this. I 100% believe thst the Dems are using a lot of this (and directing it in some instances) to pur pressure on the White House, alienate Trump from his supporters, and impact the election that they are desperate to win.

If the shoe was on the other foot then the GOP would be doing the exact same thing and I'm very sure that they have been directing some of the anti-mask propaganda and rioting/looting stuff.

It is what it is. To thin that politics doesn't play into all of this is to completely bury your head in the sand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I would expect any president, whether Republican or Democrat to promote national morale for everyone ... when there are almost as many people thinking there should be no football as there are saying yes let's play then I don't see that as politics or campaigning.
    At this point, no harm no foul. All it will take is anyone politician that opposes the idea of football being played as a platform and a method to pander for votes.

A day into things starting to heat up on this decision, it's yet to be seen whether lines will been drawn and the public is required to choose a side on the matter of play or don't play.

But it isn't crazy to think this is a very plausible possibility that the same people who want disorder and life all but paused to be "outraged" at the thought of football being played.

Everyone has known it would come to this in the final hour of "offseason". If you haven't you're blinded by where you fall and not seeing what has been happening this entire year (on both sides).

Don't even try and pretend like any politician is above doing any of this.

vCash

how do you think cancelling is going to get them in the black??? opposite, they are going to lose their asses.