Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pete Thamel tweeted

vCash
    My hospital's ICU has a little over 50% Covid patients, and we stopped a lot of elective surgeries in July. So we would have definitely been overwhelmed if we hadn't shut down those elective surgeries that require an ICU bed like open heart surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    My hospital's ICU has a little over 50% Covid patients, and we stopped a lot of elective surgeries in July. So we would have definitely been overwhelmed if we hadn't shut down those elective surgeries that require an ICU bed like open heart surgery.
    Open heart surgery is elective?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Yep, and a buddy of mine lost his father in law recently b/c they kept pushing his surgery back.

vCash
    Yes, but often times highly recommended if needed. Technically it's up to the patient whether they want it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yes, but often times highly recommended if needed. Technically it's up to the patient whether they want it or not.
    Same as my cancer surgery. It was “elective”. Totally up to me. I elected it and decided to live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    So now playing football is a certain death sentence from a virus with a 98% survival rate.

I'm an essential worker. I've been working through this since day one. I know one person personally that has had COVID. It was a bad cold for few days and that was it. I see dozens of patients Monday through Friday. I've never had a symptom, a fever, or a pain. You'd think being in the medical field I'd be surrounded by people that had been infected or know more people that had been infected.
    It's more like a 99% or greater survival rate at this point. As long as we protect those over 70, everyone else should be back to living life as normal. The seasonal flu is more deadly than the Wuhan Virus. Unfortunately, it's become highly politicized in order to keep the economy from recovering before the election in November. Sweden never shut down, had a very low death rate and didn't destroy their economy needlessly. It should infuriate everyone that people are losing their businesses not because they had a poor business model, but because their government forced them out.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    People don't understand that "elective" surgeries aren't the same as optional surgeries. Elective is everything from bypasses, knee replacements, etc. Surgeries people actually need. Optional would be a nose job. Stopping elective surgeries is crazy.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    What about the coach at Lafayette High School that just passed away due to COVID and was working with players last week during conditioning?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreg.co...-covid-19/amp/

It isn't about being right or wrong, it's about making the best decision you can with the information you currently have.

I guess since he falls under #2 on your list, it is what it is right???
    He was morbidly obese and probably had diabetes. But again, one outlier shouldn't change the general trend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    You must not know much about education. I doubt there is a system in the country that is in court more than the education system.

People who work for someone don't typically sue them unless they are negligent. Especially in the case of COVID. Catching COVID at school leaves the door open for us to get screwed.

If one person catches COVID, a lawyer could potentially rip everything apart we did at the school level to determine if we did everything we could to provide a safe environment for students. And if they find anything that didn't, we can go down.

We should know by the end of September how dangerous COVID truly is. We are about to send kids to school for the first time since there's been widespread proliferation of the virus. Should be an interesting test to see how easily kids pass it, how dangerous it is to them, and if they do indeed bring it home and pass it along to family members easily.
    i believe i have insight on this that most don't. This shit is real I have handled the bodies personally...seen many families heartbroken....with that being said there is no other choice than to lay all the cards on the table. Start schools and see what happens is the mentality! As was stated Sept/Oct is the timeline. i am going to get all the fishing i can in before then because i think its going to explode and off to a new deployment. hope i am wrong. one thing about it we will know who is right and who is wrong by Dec.

vCash
    Basically anything is elective unless the result is immediate death if it doesn't happen. Get it now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    The seasonal flu is more deadly than the Wuhan Virus. Unfortunately, it's become highly politicized in order to keep the economy from recovering before the election in November.
    My God....I bet you would suck a dick in public if it meant you could be right on this.....unfortunately....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i believe i have insight on this that most don't. This shit is real I have handled the bodies personally...seen many families heartbroken....with that being said there is no other choice than to lay all the cards on the table. Start schools and see what happens is the mentality! As was stated Sept/Oct is the timeline. i am going to get all the fishing i can in before then because i think its going to explode and off to a new deployment. hope i am wrong. one thing about it we will know who is right and who is wrong by Dec.
    I REALLY hope we are both wrong but I expect to see 3000 new cases a day by late September in MS. The hospitals will be totally overwhelmed and the death rate will sky rocket. I think given what we are doing, or more importantly, NOT doing, it's going to be truly terrible. If I'm wrong by all means y'all point it out. Nobody will be happier than me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    MEDIA! MEDIA! MEDIA! Here's an actual picture of Todd4State...

I hear Brackey Brett is in control of all media in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    A full season with fans in the spring would be better for small college towns, right?

The current fall plan will bring in far less revenue than a typical season.
    This virus either runs it?s course, as most pandemics, or we learn to live with it. Considering the minuscule death rate, I?m willing to live with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I REALLY hope we are both wrong but I expect to see 3000 new cases a day by late September in MS. The hospitals will be totally overwhelmed and the death rate will sky rocket. I think given what we are doing, or more importantly, NOT doing, it's going to be truly terrible. If I'm wrong by all means y'all point it out. Nobody will be happier than me.
    No, the hospitals won?t. The death rate is very low. Very few hospitals have had a ?run? on beds. I know of more hospitals cutting workers than those ?overwhelmed?.

vCash
    I sure hope not. The overall hospital numbers for the state have stabilized, but the ICU numbers have gone up. That is reflected at my hospital. Two weeks ago, we had 35% of our ICU as covid and now a little over 50%. But we have less patients on the regular Covid floor. So our overall numbers are stable. I hoping this is our surge, and the numbers go back down in a month or so.

vCash
    Hospitals are nearing ICU capacity in a lot of places in MS. But they're not all full and some are still completing elective surgeries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And #1. How many coaches lived?

How many died that went to a protest?
    He was morbidly obese and probably had diabetes. But again, one outlier shouldn't change the general trend.
    These two posts are simply shameful. May God have mercy on your souls...

vCash
    People don't understand that "elective" surgeries aren't the same as optional surgeries. Elective is everything from bypasses, knee replacements, etc. Surgeries people actually need. Optional would be a nose job. Stopping elective surgeries is crazy.
    The problem with my hospital is that we don't have enough ICU beds to do our normal load of open heart surgery. You have to go straight to CVR (specialized ICU) after open heart surgery. We actually had to start putting a few Covid patients in those beds as a last resort. CVR is also a highly specialized nursing area, so it can't be just any ICU nurse. We've had to float some of the CVR nurses to take care of Covid patients.

vCash

My wife, a nurse for over 25 years, expects the worse also. She pretty much “forced” my daughter to home school our granddaughter because of this. She expects massive numbers.