Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 additional games will be released today?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

2 additional games will be released today?

Per Keemun, our 2 remaining opponents will be released today.

vCash
    It seemed there was a lot of momentum early that it would be UGA and Vandy. Seems that has faded a bit. Anyone got any guesses on who we might draw. I'd love if we could get USCe and Vandy but I know that's a pipe dream.

vCash
    I want Tennessee again for some payback.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Reading an article on GP that Steve wrote he said there was a growing sense that UT would be a team we played. Florida is another that seemed like an above average chance of happening but I see those 2 as an either/or situation with someone like South Carolina.

vCash
    Probably have every team in the West jockeying to get games with Vanderbilt and SC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Probably have every team in the West jockeying to get games with Vanderbilt and SC.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see that Alabama gets selected to play those two teams. Would be par for the course.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see that Alabama gets selected to play those two teams. Would be par for the course.
    I expect bama to get a tough draw simply because they have the worst SOS for almost any West team due to not having to play themselves. They do already get UGA though so they may cut them some slack.

vCash
    I could see them using your last two East opponents and just flipping the venue. So at Florida and vs. Tennessee at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I could see them using your last two East opponents and just flipping the venue. So at Florida and vs. Tennessee at home.
    Outside of Florida and Georgia, that would probably be worst case scenario for us. @Florida is not winnable. This is the deepest and probably best team Dan has ever had as a HC and having to go there with a young line and a blitz happy Grantham doesn't spell success for us. And Tennessee is constantly improving and could be trouble for us.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Outside of Florida and Georgia, that would probably be worst case scenario for us. @Florida is not winnable. This is the deepest and probably best team Dan has ever had as a HC and having to go there with a young line and a blitz happy Grantham doesn't spell success for us. And Tennessee is constantly improving and could be trouble for us.
    I disagree that any road game isn't winnable this year outside of Alabama. There will be little to no fans there so the atmosphere will not be intimidating at all. We will be a decided underdog in a game against Florida anywhere we play, but home field advantage will not mean much this year. That gives us a much better chance to pull a couple of upsets against teams we normally piss our pants against on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I disagree that any road game isn't winnable this year outside of Alabama. There will be little to no fans there so the atmosphere will not be intimidating at all. We will be a decided underdog in a game against Florida anywhere we play, but home field advantage will not mean much this year. That gives us a much better chance to pull a couple of upsets against teams we normally piss our pants against on the road.
    My bad I made that seem like crowd noise will be a factor. It will not, Grantham's blitz happy scheme and an young O Line spells a long day for Costello. I'm going to hold out hope we draw someone else.

vCash
    Blitzes would probably do poorly against this offense since it’s predicated on putting the ball on the other side of the Dline with quick strikes. Seems that would be a quick adjustment for Leech.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    My bad I made that seem like crowd noise will be a factor. It will not, Grantham's blitz happy scheme and an young O Line spells a long day for Costello. I'm going to hold out hope we draw someone else.
    Our OL will be the strength of the offense IMO. I'm much more worried about Mullen embarrassing our defense than Grantham being able to stop Leach. I'm actually pretty confident that Leach will have his way with Grantham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Our OL will be the strength of the offense IMO. I'm much more worried about Mullen embarrassing our defense than Grantham being able to stop Leach. I'm actually pretty confident that Leach will have his way with Grantham.
    I agree with you and others like you. Leach's offenses is built to control the blitz and misdirect it. If you get blitz happy against him he will make you pay.

But I could see that game ending up something stupid like 48-51 or something like that.

vCash
    Southern Miss and Troy State will be honorary SEC members the weekends they play Bama.
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I agree with you and others like you. Leach's offenses is built to control the blitz and misdirect it. If you get blitz happy against him he will make you pay.

But I could see that game ending up something stupid like 48-51 or something like that.
    If we could score that many points against what I consider a VERY good D then I would be ok with a loss on the road.

vCash
    And Tennessee is constantly improving and could be trouble for us.
    I remember we all thought Pruitt was an idiot and doomed to fail miserably at UT. We were all very glad we didn't hire him.

In hindsight, where do you think our team would be if we had hired Pruitt instead of JoMo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I remember we all thought Pruitt was an idiot and doomed to fail miserably at UT. We were all very glad we didn't hire him.

In hindsight, where do you think our team would be if we had hired Pruitt instead of JoMo?
    I think we probably win 9-10 plus the bowl in 19, but we take a step back last year somewhere around 6-6 to 7-5 range. I just think we'd feel better about where our program was at than how we would feel had Moorhead been given year 3.

vCash

I still am glad we didn't hire him.

vCash

Not very good. Pruitt has underachieved by multiple wins both years at Tennessee just like Moorhead did here. I guess they tolerate that more there than we do.