Thread: First take on the 2020 SEC football schedule

vCash

First take on the 2020 SEC football schedule

I'm going to get this out of my system early.

1. I HATE the idea of using an "algorithm" to decide how to make the schedule "fair". Really it should be called an "Alabamarithm". All I know is we aren't playing Vandy. We're going to get screwed. I don't see any possible way that this is going to be fair league wide. It's stupid.

2. LT I'm sure will be the one coming up with the Alabamarithm. I could go on and on about LT. I'll never boo him at a football game because I don't want to draw attention to myself and I'm sure there is always some do goody two shoes MSU fan that will want to start some shit if I did that. But while I'll never boo him- I won't clap for him either. No man has single handedly held MSU back for so long- it's ridiculous.

3. I was hoping that by doing the logical thing and just going with our rotational opponents for the next two years the current rotation would end two years earlier. The current schedule rotation absolutely sucks- thanks LT. Do away with divisions. Have three permanent opponents and then rotate the other five. This way the SEC preserves rivalries that no one cares about like Alabama/Tennessee and Auburn/Georgia and LSU/Ole Miss but at the same time everyone in the league plays each other home/home at least once in a four year span. As it is I still have to wait until 2025- hopefully LT will be retired by then. The guy has to be 80 by now.

vCash
    If you were skydiving you would have just pulled your ripcord way to early ... I understand the MSU paranoia but lets see who we get first ... Personally, I don't care if we play LSU twice - I'm really looking forward to 10 conference games and really don't care which ones they give us .... this is something we probably won't see again for quite a while and the final tally is more than just wins and losses .... just my opinion - not debating you Todd as I always appreciate your post
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Yeah just give me a football season to watch through Nov.

Usually shit talking at work is heating up around this time of year and there's just no buzz at all. Just because no one knows wtf is going on.

Even if we did have the perfect schedule and miraculously pulled out a SEC Championship, then what? Is there a CFP?

Plus there would always be an asterisk by this season in any record book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

Usually shit talking at work is heating up around this time of year and there's just no buzz at all. Just because no one knows wtf is going on.

Even if we did have the perfect schedule and miraculously pulled out a SEC Championship, then what? Is there a CFP?

This. We just need college football. I don't care if we only win three games this year (which is possible). I want college football. Cold beer. Good whiskey. And smoked meats.

vCash
    I just wanna watch some football. I don't care who we play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    If you were skydiving you would have just pulled your ripcord way to early ... I understand the MSU paranoia but lets see who we get first ... Personally, I don't care if we play LSU twice - I'm really looking forward to 10 conference games and really don't care which ones they give us .... this is something we probably won't see again for quite a while and the final tally is more than just wins and losses .... just my opinion - not debating you Todd as I always appreciate your post
    I want to agree but listening to Cohen the other day it sounded like he was preparing us for the bending over the bed rack we have coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This. We just need college football. I don't care if we only win three games this year (which is possible). I want college football. Cold beer. Good whiskey. And smoked meats.
    Boom! Heck yes!

vCash
    Y'all taking about 2021 in here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm going to get this out of my system early.

1. I HATE the idea of using an "algorithm" to decide how to make the schedule "fair". Really it should be called an "Alabamarithm". All I know is we aren't playing Vandy. We're going to get screwed. I don't see any possible way that this is going to be fair league wide. It's stupid.

2. LT I'm sure will be the one coming up with the Alabamarithm. I could go on and on about LT. I'll never boo him at a football game because I don't want to draw attention to myself and I'm sure there is always some do goody two shoes MSU fan that will want to start some shit if I did that. But while I'll never boo him- I won't clap for him either. No man has single handedly held MSU back for so long- it's ridiculous.

3. I was hoping that by doing the logical thing and just going with our rotational opponents for the next two years the current rotation would end two years earlier. The current schedule rotation absolutely sucks- thanks LT. Do away with divisions. Have three permanent opponents and then rotate the other five. This way the SEC preserves rivalries that no one cares about like Alabama/Tennessee and Auburn/Georgia and LSU/Ole Miss but at the same time everyone in the league plays each other home/home at least once in a four year span. As it is I still have to wait until 2025- hopefully LT will be retired by then. The guy has to be 80 by now.
    LT doesn't do the scheduling anymore. Mark Womack does.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

Yes, there will be a CFP, the committee announced today or yesterday that the announcement date will be moved back 2 weeks. The semi's will be 12/1/21 and the championship will be 12/11/21.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Yes, there will be a CFP, the committee announced today or yesterday that the announcement date will be moved back 2 weeks. The semi's will be 12/1/21 and the championship will be 12/11/21.
    There's no "yes" on whether something planned 5 months from now happens. It's scheduled and they are planning to have it is about as much as anyone can say right now.

vCash
    So they are having them at the end of next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    They are playing the playoff games for 2020 in December of 2021?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    So they are having them at the end of next year?
    guess that means no bowls this year perhaps ... that's gonna suck
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    guess that means no bowls this year perhaps ... that's gonna suck
    I suspect as of now no but if things improve there might be a few. I am sure everything is still pretty fluid. To be honest the last two bowl games was a total waste of my money and left a bad feeling about going to another one.

vCash
    The dates for cfp playoff games are 1/1/21 and championship game on 1/11/21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    There's no "yes" on whether something planned 5 months from now happens. It's scheduled and they are planning to have it is about as much as anyone can say right now.
    I didn't say that was what is going to happen. Are you reading comprehension challenged? I said that was what was announced.