Thread: NBA and college basketball

vCash

NBA and college basketball

Straight up I?m old but this is unwatchable. Let?s shoot 3s or dunk. No offense. No post game. It?s sad. I miss the 70s through 90s.

vCash
    No defense either. It's turned into just pickup ball.

vCash
    It’s also gotten 100% political. I have family members and co-workers that are huge NBA fans. They even have the NBA package on direct tv. They watched the opening ceremony the other night then changed the channel and canceled the subscription. NBA is about to lose a whole lot of money.

vCash
    I totally agree. The politics are bad but I?m saying the game today is a joke. Eliminate the 3 point line and make the game a coached offense game

vCash
    I agree, I could not watch it either! Pitiful! Will it ever improve (become non political)?

vCash
    For me I can separate the political stuff from the game. Once the game starts it's the NBA, which I thoroughly enjoy. I may not totally agree with what they're doing or how they're doing it but just like it's my choice to agree or disagree with what they're doing, it's their choice to continue to do it or not. I mean you can change the channel until they get done. They're not screaming SJW messages everytime they're fouled. They're still screaming AND 1. It's obviously anyone's choice what they want to watch, but if you're thinking this is going to affect the NBA's bottom line and they're magically going to change then you're dead wrong.

vCash
    I watch the NBA during the later stages of the playoffs. That's when actual defense is played, and there is just more passion in it. The regular season has always been like watching paint dry. I don't like the political BS, but I can ignore it.

vCash
    What made it change so drastically? Is it the 3 pointers? I know they stopped calling fouls on players years ago and also let them take like 5 steps with the ball without calling traveling!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    For me I can separate the political stuff from the game. Once the game starts it's the NBA, which I thoroughly enjoy. I may not totally agree with what they're doing or how they're doing it but just like it's my choice to agree or disagree with what they're doing, it's their choice to continue to do it or not. I mean you can change the channel until they get done. They're not screaming SJW messages everytime they're fouled. They're still screaming AND 1. It's obviously anyone's choice what they want to watch, but if you're thinking this is going to affect the NBA's bottom line and they're magically going to change then you're dead wrong.
    I view it a little more holistically, in that these athletes are very elite not only in talent but also in society in being very very privileged. They can get anything they want or desire but yet they "often" complain about everything and act like overpaid babies. To me, to use their job, sports - televised, as a platform to promote a political agenda is something I don't want to support. If I watch them or go to the game or buy their team articles, I am in a way supporting them and giving them a seal of approval for their actions. I don't want to do that! So I don't support them in any way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I view it a little more holistically, in that these athletes are very elite not only in talent but also in society in being very very privileged. They can get anything they want or desire but yet they "often" complain about everything and act like overpaid babies. To me, to use their job, sports - televised, as a platform to promote a political agenda is something I don't want to support. If I watch them or go to the game or buy their team articles, I am in a way supporting them and giving them a seal of approval for their actions. I don't want to do that! So I don't support them in any way!
    And that is completely within your right and I respect you standing for what you believe in. However, going to a sporting event is something a thoroughly enjoy, whether it be at the NCAA, NBA, NFL, or MLB level. I'm choosing to not let that ruin my experience. This is something that is going to continue to happen in sports, whether it will be as widespread as it is right now remains to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It?s also gotten 100% political. I have family members and co-workers that are huge NBA fans. They even have the NBA package on direct tv. They watched the opening ceremony the other night then changed the channel and canceled the subscription. NBA is about to lose a whole lot of money.
    screw them (the NBA) ... they made their statement so I can make mine
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 08-05-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.