Thread: Top Freshman

vCash

Top Freshman

vCash
    Always nice to have guys that are talented enough to play as a freshman.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    It's a shame a thread like this gets buried but the PAC 12 thread is 3 pages long. Maybe mention Jimbo and MS7 will post 7 times. Or throw in a Covid/Flag/BLM comment in the title?

Thanks for sharing the link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    It's a shame a thread like this gets buried but the PAC 12 thread is 3 pages long. Maybe mention Jimbo and MS7 will post 7 times. Or throw in a Covid/Flag/BLM comment in the title?

Thanks for sharing the link.

I am not following, how is it buried as this thread just started? I have no Covid/Flag/BLM comment for this thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I am not following, how is it buried as this thread just started? I have no Covid/Flag/BLM comment for this thread!
    Because I bumped it back to the top... as you did.

vCash
    After reading the short article, I really hope this guy has a bang up year as I hope this for all of the offense. I am though, after reading post in other threads, concerned about the defense especially after all of the transfers.

Are there any other Freshmen expected to contribute, at a high level, this year?

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Forbes will be thrown in the fire at DB if Williams decides to hang it up. We really need to hit on some DB's the next couple of years. We are mighty thin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Forbes will be thrown in the fire at DB if Williams decides to hang it up. We really need to hit on some DB's the next couple of years. We are mighty thin.
    Emerson Soph
    Forbes freshman
    Richardson Freshman

That’s a very strong core 3 to work around even tho they are extremely young..
    we have the juco kid Cass that is a late enroll we need him to be ready to roll from day 1 that’s a lot to ask but a juco CB learning curve is usually much faster...

But yes the lack of upperclassmen at CB is a huge negative...

We do need TW but he needs to be 100% all in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Emerson Soph
    Forbes freshman
    Richardson Freshman

we have the juco kid Cass that is a late enroll we need him to be ready to roll from day 1 that’s a lot to ask but a juco CB learning curve is usually much faster...

It is a negative, but if there is any position that I feel like underclassmen can be thrown to the fire a bit its CB. If they are good, they adjust and learn pretty quickly.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Emerson Soph
    Forbes freshman
    Richardson Freshman

What do you think about Selmon? A couple years away?
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 08-04-2020 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    What do you think about Selmon? A couple years away?
    Safety..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Article is dead on with Cross. I've never seen a faster OT and the system he is in is hand meet glove. Big, big things in Cross future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Article is dead on with Cross. I've never seen a faster OT and the system he is in is hand meet glove. Big, big things in Cross future.
    He sounds very promising!

vCash
    Need to hang on to Eatmon too.

vCash
    Williams leaves and think they hit the portal hard to find some depth. Think they will also look a WR and/or safety position for a move to CB.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Williams leaves and think they hit the portal hard to find some depth. Think they will also look a WR and/or safety position for a move to CB.
    If it were me I would just go ahead and get someone. I mean, even if Williams comes back it's not like we couldn't use the depth.