Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Woodard

vCash

Robert Woodard

Says he's staying in the NBA draft and won't be returning next year. Bummer

vCash
    Basketball likely going to be rough on the men's side this year. Of course, its very unsettled on what kind of college season there will be. That may have even played into Woodard's decision given the uncertainty of college basketball.

vCash
    I got the feeling he didn't want to return at any cost. The draft delays with the decision delays told me he had made up his mind a while back.

vCash
    I don't blame him for going. Most have him slotted to be picked. Still, our team is looking VERY iffy right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I don't blame him for going. Most have him slotted to be picked. Still, our team is looking VERY iffy right now.
    Obviously he would have helped our team tremendously by coming back. Still just seems odd that he goes after his sophomore year and I really can't remember even one game that he 'took over'. In the 2 years he played he always just seemed to be a good support player. He's a decent scorer, a decent rebounder, a pretty good defender, etc. Just nothing about his game where I think wow, he's a great _____. Wish him well but at the college level I feel we got our money's worth way more out of Perry than Woodard even though Perry seems to be slipping in the draft.

vCash
    Woodard is going to regret this decision. I don't see him as a first round pick and with the strong possibility there won't be a combine he's not going to have a chance to improve his stock. However, I wish him nothing but the best and I hope he succeeds.

vCash
    Good luck to Robert. We are not going to be a good basketball team this year.

vCash
    Loved his game and hate we didn't get to see the best of it.

Be interesting to see where he lands as many mock drafts don't have him in the 1st. He also had to weigh the fact that there might not be an NCAA basketball season this year. I did not envy his position as he had to make a decision with a ton of unknowns.

vCash
    We're ****ed
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    We're ****ed
    Pretty much. Devion, Iverson, and DJ are going to have to play a ton of minutes and we need them to be good. Jalen Johnson is going to have to play the 4. Ado and Davis can rotate at the 5. And Tolu Smith needs to be better than I expect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Woodard is going to regret this decision. I don't see him as a first round pick and with the strong possibility there won't be a combine he's not going to have a chance to improve his stock. However, I wish him nothing but the best and I hope he succeeds.
    No doubt he might not get drafted in the first round. But it is far from certain we have a college basketball season as well. So I have no issue w his decision.

vCash
    We still have a basketball team?

vCash
    Gonna need some scoring from whoever wins the PG spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Loved his game and hate we didn't get to see the best of it.
    That is the bothersome part of it. Normally a guy that is a TRUE NBA player, he is usually a standout in college at least by the time he is a SO. Of course we've had so few NBA players at MSU though in the last 25 years that maybe I wouldn't know one when I saw them. But Q is actually playing in the NBA some now and he was already a stud at MSU as a SO.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Pretty much. Devion, Iverson, and DJ are going to have to play a ton of minutes and we need them to be good. Jalen Johnson is going to have to play the 4. Ado and Davis can rotate at the 5. And Tolu Smith needs to be better than I expect.
    Speaking strictly on this topic. I think Tolu is going to be good.

vCash
    Best to Robert moving forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Speaking strictly on this topic. I think Tolu is going to be good.
    hope so. averaged less than 14 as a junior in high school. 20 against weak competition in Hawaii as a senior. 3.8 as a freshman at WKU. Then redshirted last year. Wish Howland had picked up a transfer guard so we could run and gun a little more.

vCash
    Jalen Johnson will not play 4 at 6-3 1/2! Thats what he measured

vCash
    Here is a stab at starting 5- PG Smith,Fr; 2G- Molinar SO, SF- Stewart,SO; PF- Tolu, SO; and C- Ado,SR. Off the bench at 4 and 5 will be Davis and Post, J. Johnson will bring scoring off bench at 3. Montgomery will be 2G off the bench. Garcia has been very impressive in summer workouts and may add unexpected depth.

vCash
    Post has to get here first right?