Thread: Rosie has tweeted out the egg bowl shall not see another date

vCash

Rosie has tweeted out the egg bowl shall not see another date

It will be played as normal.

vCash
    Northern Miss was hoping to catch us early so they could play Vandy, their real rival, last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Northern Miss was hoping to catch us early so they could play Vandy, their real rival, last.
    Or Memphis

vCash
    Can't wait to see the shitastic gold uniforms for this game.

vCash
    I love the Egg Bowl unis!

vCash
    John Cohen said on OBB that the EB will be on Dec 5th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    To be clear, he said the rumors of it being moved earlier in the season were not true. Didn't say it would be played as normal or on the same date.

vCash
    I don't think it is the first game but with the schedule start date changing the day could change. Even Cohen said he was sure how the schedule was going to line up. Adding two additional SEC teams and keeping the ones you had on schedule, dates will change. It will have to. I think locations might change. We could be playing on the road against a team we were going to play at home. I think the only thing for sure is the SEC teams scheduled. Dates and locations are not.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 08-03-2020 at 10:26 AM.

vCash
    What Neal said was when the SEC was addressing the 2020 schedule, numerous models were presented for consideration. One model had instate schools playing first. That would put Egg Bowl and Iron Bowl first. Although I’m not a fan of that idea it makes sense for the conference to explore it from a safety standpoint. It would make sense for week 1 to be a soft opening of sorts and you play whoever is either closest or same state to limit travel and exposure. I don’t think anybody wants that but it’s plausible when exploring all option which it would be irresponsible for the SEC not to.

vCash
    To add to my last post let’s play by play this:

-Neal says a source in the SEC office says they saw that model

-Steve ask Cohen and Cohen says it won’t be week 1

-Cohen goes on OOB and says it’s likely December 5 aka last weekend

When you follow what’s actually being said and reported, nobody was wrong and everyone is just reporting giving us some interesting things to talk about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Well by then Covid19 will be gone anyway.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    What Neal said was when the SEC was addressing the 2020 schedule, numerous models were presented for consideration. One model had instate schools playing first. That would put Egg Bowl and Iron Bowl first. Although I’m not a fan of that idea it makes sense for the conference to explore it from a safety standpoint. It would make sense for week 1 to be a soft opening of sorts and you play whoever is either closest or same state to limit travel and exposure. I don’t think anybody wants that but it’s plausible when exploring all option which it would be irresponsible for the SEC not to.
    Thing is Neal has been begging for the Egg Bowl to be earlier in the year for at least a year or two because he thinks it would de-emphasize the rivalry. He's wrong about that. For me it was funny for him to get his hopes up to see them squashed like a bug.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Thing is Neal has been begging for the Egg Bowl to be earlier in the year for at least a year or two because he thinks it would de-emphasize the rivalry. He's wrong about that. For me it was funny for him to get his hopes up to see them squashed like a bug.
    He has been saying that. You’re right. But if you listened to him he didn’t come off at believing it or rooting for it. He just said that model was discussed.

vCash
    Neal was saying last year play it earlier and leave the trophy on the field.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I did not see the tweet, but on Genespage he posted that it won't be moved to the first game of the season. Cohen was on Bo Bounds this morning and left open the option of the Egg Bowl being the last day of the regular season. He did not say that it would be moved off of Thanksgiving, but was pretty clear that the whole schedule was in flux.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by revdrdawg View Post
    I did not see the tweet, but on Genespage he posted that it won't be moved to the first game of the season. Cohen was on Bo Bounds this morning and left open the option of the Egg Bowl being the last day of the regular season. He did not say that it would be moved off of Thanksgiving, but was pretty clear that the whole schedule was in flux.
    If Cohen knows the date of the Egg Bowl I'm pretty sure he has a pretty good rough idea at what our schedule looks like at worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Can't wait to see the shitastic gold uniforms for this game.
    AMEN...

vCash
    I guess College Gameday and SEC Nation will be all the guys sitting at home on webcams this year.