Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

PAC12 football

Is this real? Saw this on Facebook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Is this real? Saw this on Facebook

Do the players in the non-revenue producing sports (which is pretty much everything outside of CFB and men's basketball) want 50% of the debt those sports produce?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    There is a story on ESPN about this. The story says it could include several 100 players. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the removal of the COVID-19 waiver is what they really want.

vCash
    ?Prohibit Covid agreements waiving liability? hahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahah

PAC needs to double down and just cancel the season or let those that want to sit out do so. They want to split revenue, reduce staff salaries, and also carry no responsibility for anything. Riiiiiiiight.
    Last edited by Dawgology; 08-02-2020 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    If I ever have to negotiate for a job again my negotiation points will be:

1: all of the CEO’s and supervisors get salary cuts (why? Because yes)
    2: all revenue generated by the company I get half of (even if I didn’t help earn it)
    3: because I’ve decided to come work for you putting myself in a potentially dangerous situation I get to sue the company if I get hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

1: all of the CEO’s and supervisors get salary cuts (why? Because yes)
    2: all revenue generated by the company I get half of (even if I didn’t help earn it)
    3: because I’ve decided to come work for you putting myself in a potentially dangerous situation I get to sue the company if I get hurt.
    LOL, seriously. This is kind of embarrassing by the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

1: all of the CEO?s and supervisors get salary cuts (why? Because yes)
    2: all revenue generated by the company I get half of (even if I didn?t help earn it)
    3: because I?ve decided to come work for you putting myself in a potentially dangerous situation I get to sue the company if I get hurt.

Ha, Yeah I'll take some of that abuse these poor oppressed people are getting. 150-250K worth of college education, free meals, BMOC treatment, etc. Who are the entitled ones? They are training to be the next pro-whining players. Send them straight to the pros.

vCash
    USC football makes just over 60 million a year

50% of that is 30 million.

30 million dollars/125 players= 240,000 a year

So basically a million dollars for playing four years.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post

Instead they only get ~100k for 4 years and they are unreasonable for asking for more than 5% of the cut that they generate. (Also lmao at how much goes to tuition which is already extremely overpriced.)

Smells like a load of barnacles to me.

Also lol at trying to compare the people who make peanuts too and think that's specifically who they want to take money from. Clearly they are pointing to the coaches and ncaa officials who make hand over first not the ****ing waterboy.

Have some common sense that they are asking for a fair cut by drastically reducing the 0.1%'s take. It's the same as every idiot on here that thinks the middle class is screwed by someone like bernie's taxes. Rather pay 10+% of your paycheck for your healthcare than have your tax increases 4% and get free healthcare in the name of freedom. Think that the higher taxes is an attack on you when it's scaled to attack the rich (read: not you). Hilarious. If you can't produce 10 million liquid right now then you aren't the rich. You're a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Wait, no you just think that. You're actually just a poor sheep who would has no idea about economics.

Attacking the workers for asking for a fair cut of the product that they produce is wholly stupid. Every day the college degree loses more value while costing more and more. Imagine if you got a negative inflation pay cut every year while your company considerably made extra money. You'd be an idiot to defend those actions thinking they have your best interest at heart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Instead they only get ~100k for 4 years and they are unreasonable for asking for more than 5% of the cut that they generate. (Also lmao at how much goes to tuition which is already extremely overpriced.)

Also lol at trying to compare the people who make peanuts too and think that's specifically who they want to take money from. Clearly they are pointing to the coaches and ncaa officials who make hand over first not the ****ing waterboy.

Have some common sense that they are asking for a fair cut by drastically reducing the 0.1%'s take. It's the same as every idiot on here that thinks the middle class is screwed by someone like bernie's taxes. Rather pay 10+% of your paycheck for your healthcare than have your tax increases 4% and get free healthcare in the name of freedom. Think that the higher taxes is an attack on you when it's scaled to attack the rich (read: not you). Hilarious. If you can't produce 10 million liquid right now then you aren't the rich. You're a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Wait, no you just think that. You're actually just a poor sheep who would has no idea about economics.

Attacking the workers for asking for a fair cut of the product that they produce is wholly stupid. Every day the college degree loses more value while costing more and more. Imagine if you got a negative inflation pay cut every year while your company considerably made extra money. You'd be an idiot to defend those actions thinking they have your best interest at heart.
    Instead they only get ~100k for 4 years and they are unreasonable for asking for more than 5% of the cut that they generate. They are asking for 50%, not 5%. Again the math doesn’t work.

Bernie’s tax plan for free healthcare doesn’t work. For just his first 10 years you are looking at $34-36 Trillion. The tax increase falls short in dollars and years. Not to mention that’s just for 10 years, does he not plan to fund it after that? Of course he does but simply, the math doesn’t work. Progressive economists have stated the same. So then you run a very high deficit to fund the program and both the CBO and JCT models hate the government running a deficit. Especially over an extended period of time with the GDP taken a down turn, workers salaries stagnate at best, etc. Let’s not forget all the other free programs he intends to fund, where will that money come from without additional taxes on everyone making over $30,000 per year? Don’t care that you like the plan or absurdly think it’s a good idea, the math doesn’t come close to working.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 08-03-2020 at 09:38 PM.

vCash

Anyone who would compare playing college football to a job is delusional. On any given Friday night in the fall in any given town in the south, there are 50+ kids in one place who would jump at the opportunity to play college football without pay. Find that for any realistic job in America. I would have done anything to play D1 football as three of my family members did. I would have done it without scholarship money. But maybe I'm stupid. I would not do my current job for less than I make now, however.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Anyone who would compare playing college football to a job is delusional. On any given Friday night in the fall in any given town in the south, there are 50+ kids in one place who would jump at the opportunity to play college football without pay. Find that for any realistic job in America. I would have done anything to play D1 football as three of my family members did. I would have done it without scholarship money. But maybe I'm stupid. I would not do my current job for less than I make now, however.
    There are millions who would jump at the chance to be an engineer / name your 6 figure job but who's actually qualified and capable to perform that job?

vCash
    There are millions who would jump at the chance to be an engineer / name your 6 figure job but who's actually qualified and capable to perform that job?
    Football players have the opportunity to earn a degree for those jobs for free

vCash
    Be an engineer for free? You need to work on your reading comprehension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post

Hell, what's tuition and room and board at usc over 4 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hell, what's tuition and room and board at usc over 4 years?
    For 4 years about $300,000 per player. Don’t forget all the 5 year players though

vCash
    Obviously the players putting this together are not economics or math majors!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    These players probably think they are democrats but they are acting like republicans.

Their proposal is crazy on so many levels.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 08-02-2020 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is another organization pushing this and using the players to do it.

vCash
    At this point I say honor their scholarship but hold it until they play again. In other words, you can choose to opt out of playing football this year but you won’t receive scholarship money or assistance. If you decide to play again next year then you can start back up and your scholarship will be honored. That is no more/no less than what happens to national guard members when activated. Their job is held for them (by law) but they don’t continue to get paid by their employer while they are out of work for a year on orders.

Either that or the players that put this together need to start talking sense because they look like complete imbeciles right now.