Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: SEC 10 Game Conference Only Schedule

  1. #61
    General Public Political Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    General Public
    Posts
    17,219
    vCash
    4648
    If we're really, really, really good this year we'll go 5-5.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,344
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    5-3 in a 10 game schedule?
    Go figure......

  3. #63
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,485
    vCash
    2674
    Our secondary is going to be bad. Like really bad.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    14,108
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Go figure......
    Common core math?

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,572
    vCash
    110
    With different conferences playing a different amount of games, I'm curious to see the criteria to qualify for bowl eligibility.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Jack Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    misippi
    Posts
    12,348
    vCash
    524070182
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    With different conferences playing a different amount of games, I'm curious to see the criteria to qualify for bowl eligibility.
    They may not be planning for bowl games.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Jack Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    misippi
    Posts
    12,348
    vCash
    524070182
    I would not be surprise if to make this work we play a team on the road that were supposed to play at home.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    6,054
    vCash
    1057581
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    5-3 in a 10 game schedule?
    2 games COVID out.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    110
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    2 games COVID out.
    Covid Plus that Carole Baskin ***

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,365
    vCash
    53427
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Our secondary is going to be bad. Like really bad.
    Starters will be ok but depth will hurt us

  11. #71
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    9,367
    vCash
    206152
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Covid Plus that Carole Baskin ***
    Lucky for USM she doesn't care about Golden Eagles, she'd shut that place down with their track record.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  12. #72
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    With different conferences playing a different amount of games, I'm curious to see the criteria to qualify for bowl eligibility.
    Rosebowl mentioned yesterday that bowl games were still a go and that the SEC would probably just fill all of their tie-in bowls regardless of win/loss. Said he wouldn’t be surprised at all to see some 4-6 teams go bowling.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    vCash
    50025
    I’m looking at this season as one big “pre-season”. There will be teams fielded without the majority of their 1st string at times against a fully loaded roster. There will be teams starting players from their third string. Regardless of this seasons results there will always be a big asterisk next to it because of Covid and no matter who wins or loses it will always be “because of the pandemic”. This is a great season to install a brand new scheme, get your depth experience, and build to 2021.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’m looking at this season as one big “pre-season”. There will be teams fielded without the majority of their 1st string at times against a fully loaded roster. There will be teams starting players from their third string. Regardless of this seasons results there will always be a big asterisk next to it because of Covid and no matter who wins or loses it will always be “because of the pandemic”. This is a great season to install a brand new scheme, get your depth experience, and build to 2021.
    So you're thinking players will miss games due to covid? As opposed to the game being cancelled bc on a positive covid test? I hope you're correct.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    899
    vCash
    50600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Rosebowl mentioned yesterday that bowl games were still a go and that the SEC would probably just fill all of their tie-in bowls regardless of win/loss. Said he wouldn’t be surprised at all to see some 4-6 teams go bowling.
    The Redbox bowl has already canceled. I think we will see some but not all. And what we don't see will be for a multitude of reasons.

    Some of the small bowls make real good money for ESPN, so I think we will see those. But it would depend on what those were allowed in terms of tickets. For example I know ESPN has made over a million dollars in non TV revenue off the Camilla Bowl every year. But I do not think the current mayor of Montgomery will even allow that game to sell one ticket. So I look for it to get canceled. Whereas they may still play the Birmingham Bowl, which is never even close to full anyway. The years I have gone 25% capacity would still leave unsold tickets.

    I expect the biggest bowls will be played.

    I doubt the Motor City bowl will be allowed. I am surprised the governor of Michigan is even allowing them to play anything there.

    The Bahamas may not be letting Americans in, so that bowl would be canceled.

    The middle tier bowls, I have no clue. I expect them to be all over the place because the politicians may not allow them, or they may be too expensive to put on without tickets, and so on.
    Oxford Delinda Est!

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,703
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    2 games COVID out.
    Maybe we can have a good record with a timely Covid issue the week of Bama and LSU.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So you're thinking players will miss games due to covid? As opposed to the game being cancelled bc on a positive covid test? I hope you're correct.
    I think so. I guess it depends on what happens but, honestly, I imagine most college football players will have had Covid by the time the season starts or within the first quarter of the season if this virus is anywhere as close to as contagious as the CDC and news outlets are saying it is.

    I would imagine that those who have already had the virus would be able to continue on playing. Much like schools are going to go. If you test positive you are quarantined for two weeks. If you came into contact with the positive person then you get tested. If your positive you quarantine. If you aren’t positive you continue on with playing and practice.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    The Redbox bowl has already canceled. I think we will see some but not all. And what we don't see will be for a multitude of reasons.

    Some of the small bowls make real good money for ESPN, so I think we will see those. But it would depend on what those were allowed in terms of tickets. For example I know ESPN has made over a million dollars in non TV revenue off the Camilla Bowl every year. But I do not think the current mayor of Montgomery will even allow that game to sell one ticket. So I look for it to get canceled. Whereas they may still play the Birmingham Bowl, which is never even close to full anyway. The years I have gone 25% capacity would still leave unsold tickets.

    I expect the biggest bowls will be played.

    I doubt the Motor City bowl will be allowed. I am surprised the governor of Michigan is even allowing them to play anything there.

    The Bahamas may not be letting Americans in, so that bowl would be canceled.

    The middle tier bowls, I have no clue. I expect them to be all over the place because the politicians may not allow them, or they may be too expensive to put on without tickets, and so on.
    I was speaking strictly about SEC tie-in bowls which are predominantly located in the southeast. The non-SEC tie in bowls would be a non-factor. A lot could change between now and then depending on treatments, vaccine, and numbers but I feel most bowls will not sell tickets but they may do a pay-per-view scenario or just rely on increased ad revenue. I think most outlets are expecting a bumper year in ad revenue because TV viewership is expected to be at a historical high this year for a multitude of reasons.

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    899
    vCash
    50600
    I could see either the Liberty or Music City bowls canceled. I don't know about Memphis, but isn't Nashville on pretty hard lockdown right now?
    Oxford Delinda Est!

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,507
    vCash
    700
    Would be a great year to have a 16 team playoff instead of a bunch of bowl games that require weird traveling. Also would give more teams a shot with the uneven schedules. Could probably do a bubble style playoff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.