Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SEC 10 Game Conference Only Schedule

vCash
    If we're really, really, really good this year we'll go 5-5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    5-3 in a 10 game schedule?
    Go figure......

vCash
    Our secondary is going to be bad. Like really bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Go figure......
    Common core math?

vCash
    With different conferences playing a different amount of games, I'm curious to see the criteria to qualify for bowl eligibility.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    With different conferences playing a different amount of games, I'm curious to see the criteria to qualify for bowl eligibility.
    They may not be planning for bowl games.

vCash
    I would not be surprise if to make this work we play a team on the road that were supposed to play at home.

vCash
    5-3 in a 10 game schedule?
    2 games COVID out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    2 games COVID out.
    Covid Plus that Carole Baskin ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Our secondary is going to be bad. Like really bad.
    Starters will be ok but depth will hurt us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Covid Plus that Carole Baskin ***
    Lucky for USM she doesn't care about Golden Eagles, she'd shut that place down with their track record.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Rosebowl mentioned yesterday that bowl games were still a go and that the SEC would probably just fill all of their tie-in bowls regardless of win/loss. Said he wouldn’t be surprised at all to see some 4-6 teams go bowling.

vCash
    I’m looking at this season as one big “pre-season”. There will be teams fielded without the majority of their 1st string at times against a fully loaded roster. There will be teams starting players from their third string. Regardless of this seasons results there will always be a big asterisk next to it because of Covid and no matter who wins or loses it will always be “because of the pandemic”. This is a great season to install a brand new scheme, get your depth experience, and build to 2021.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’m looking at this season as one big “pre-season”. There will be teams fielded without the majority of their 1st string at times against a fully loaded roster. There will be teams starting players from their third string. Regardless of this seasons results there will always be a big asterisk next to it because of Covid and no matter who wins or loses it will always be “because of the pandemic”. This is a great season to install a brand new scheme, get your depth experience, and build to 2021.
    So you're thinking players will miss games due to covid? As opposed to the game being cancelled bc on a positive covid test? I hope you're correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Rosebowl mentioned yesterday that bowl games were still a go and that the SEC would probably just fill all of their tie-in bowls regardless of win/loss. Said he wouldn’t be surprised at all to see some 4-6 teams go bowling.
    The Redbox bowl has already canceled. I think we will see some but not all. And what we don't see will be for a multitude of reasons.

Some of the small bowls make real good money for ESPN, so I think we will see those. But it would depend on what those were allowed in terms of tickets. For example I know ESPN has made over a million dollars in non TV revenue off the Camilla Bowl every year. But I do not think the current mayor of Montgomery will even allow that game to sell one ticket. So I look for it to get canceled. Whereas they may still play the Birmingham Bowl, which is never even close to full anyway. The years I have gone 25% capacity would still leave unsold tickets.

I expect the biggest bowls will be played.

I doubt the Motor City bowl will be allowed. I am surprised the governor of Michigan is even allowing them to play anything there.

The Bahamas may not be letting Americans in, so that bowl would be canceled.

The middle tier bowls, I have no clue. I expect them to be all over the place because the politicians may not allow them, or they may be too expensive to put on without tickets, and so on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    2 games COVID out.
    Maybe we can have a good record with a timely Covid issue the week of Bama and LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So you're thinking players will miss games due to covid? As opposed to the game being cancelled bc on a positive covid test? I hope you're correct.
    I think so. I guess it depends on what happens but, honestly, I imagine most college football players will have had Covid by the time the season starts or within the first quarter of the season if this virus is anywhere as close to as contagious as the CDC and news outlets are saying it is.

I would imagine that those who have already had the virus would be able to continue on playing. Much like schools are going to go. If you test positive you are quarantined for two weeks. If you came into contact with the positive person then you get tested. If your positive you quarantine. If you aren’t positive you continue on with playing and practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    The Redbox bowl has already canceled. I think we will see some but not all. And what we don't see will be for a multitude of reasons.

Some of the small bowls make real good money for ESPN, so I think we will see those. But it would depend on what those were allowed in terms of tickets. For example I know ESPN has made over a million dollars in non TV revenue off the Camilla Bowl every year. But I do not think the current mayor of Montgomery will even allow that game to sell one ticket. So I look for it to get canceled. Whereas they may still play the Birmingham Bowl, which is never even close to full anyway. The years I have gone 25% capacity would still leave unsold tickets.

I expect the biggest bowls will be played.

I doubt the Motor City bowl will be allowed. I am surprised the governor of Michigan is even allowing them to play anything there.

The Bahamas may not be letting Americans in, so that bowl would be canceled.

The middle tier bowls, I have no clue. I expect them to be all over the place because the politicians may not allow them, or they may be too expensive to put on without tickets, and so on.
    I was speaking strictly about SEC tie-in bowls which are predominantly located in the southeast. The non-SEC tie in bowls would be a non-factor. A lot could change between now and then depending on treatments, vaccine, and numbers but I feel most bowls will not sell tickets but they may do a pay-per-view scenario or just rely on increased ad revenue. I think most outlets are expecting a bumper year in ad revenue because TV viewership is expected to be at a historical high this year for a multitude of reasons.

vCash
    I could see either the Liberty or Music City bowls canceled. I don't know about Memphis, but isn't Nashville on pretty hard lockdown right now?

vCash
    Would be a great year to have a 16 team playoff instead of a bunch of bowl games that require weird traveling. Also would give more teams a shot with the uneven schedules. Could probably do a bubble style playoff